Milwaukee Rollcall...

Comments

• bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    I'm sure the "shuttle-folk" will offer more details closer towards the date. The email I received yesterday wasn't lengthy in detail.

3 + months, my friends... 8-) It'll be here before you know it.
    6 of us in Milwaukee or Lake Geneva... have both towns booked. Was not looking to go to Alpine all day for 2 days... If anyone has any thoughts about getting a private shuttle a bit later, pm me. Going to wait until I see the schedule times of the bands. I will probably see the strokes one of the days.

Beyond that... I am good for a solid couple hours of tailgating and seeing PJ.

That is not a bad idea. I imagine there is going to be some serious tailgating throughout the day.

I understand why they have to instate the policy of "no re-entry", but I wish it wasn't the case. It would be great to bounce back and forth throughout the day, but alas...I ain't complain'n.
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    I'll be in Milwaukee as well.

Flight in from NYC on Friday afternoon, staying at the Hilton City Center ($103.50/night prepaid rate, and ~4blks from the shuttle), and of course taking the shuttle to/from. Can't wait! Never been to Wisconsin before.
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Email I got from the shuttle folks:

Thanks for reaching out. The bus leaves at 10:00 am for an estimated arrival time of 11:30 am. The shuttle stop is at the Ampco Parking Lot which is located at 532 N. Plankinton Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53203, between Clybourn St and Michigan St. I apologize for any confusion.

Best,
    Jessica

So, the info on PJ20 site is right. Goods site is wrong.
  • pjmetz20pjmetz20 Posts: 36
    How much is the cab ride from MKE airport to downtown Milwaukee? Just want to see if it's worth renting a car or taking a cab...
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Anyone driving from Milwaukee to Alpine on Friday?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • I'll be there because I live there.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pmetzgar wrote:
    How much is the cab ride from MKE airport to downtown Milwaukee? Just want to see if it's worth renting a car or taking a cab...

most hotel sites have it quoted as $25.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Bump for the TM sale today...
    Can any locals or frequent guests of Milwaukee confirm that there's a shuttle from the airport to downtown Milwaukee?

Tis getting close... :mrgreen:
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    bigbiggzy wrote:
    Can any locals or frequent guests of Milwaukee confirm that there's a shuttle from the airport to downtown Milwaukee?

Tis getting close... :mrgreen:

Your staying somewhere downtown? I'm sure your hotel has a shuttle that picks up from airport.
  • edibervanedibervan Posts: 243
    I´m not staying in Milwaukee but I´ll fly to MKE on saturday morning (estimated to land at 10h30) and then drive to the venue or to the hotel (which is closer to the venue).
    And why I here, posting in this thread?
    lol!
    because I sensed the gang here is very excited about it, uhuuuuuu! :D

Not "just you and your buddy", we´re definetly a posse already!
    ;)

By the way, I won´t be able to catch the shuttle (bad timing) but I´ll have two seats available in the car, in case any of you exceeds on the Patron shots too much to soon.
    just because you breathe it doesn't mean you're alive...
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I live in Milwaukee. :mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    looks like I will be taking a red-eye flight to Milwaukee...will be there at 5am...if anybody wants to meet for breakfast on Friday? :?

(not sure if we can check into our hotel that early on Friday...maybe we will crash in a WalMart parking lot till 1pm)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • VeddheddVeddhedd Posts: 98
    My friend and I are staying at the airport motel in Milwaukee and driving a rental to and from AV.
    2000: Atlanta, GA
    2003: Birmingham, AL
    2010: New Orleans Jazz Fest
    2011: PJ20, Alpine Valley
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    looks like I will be taking a red-eye flight to Milwaukee...will be there at 5am...if anybody wants to meet for breakfast on Friday? :?

(not sure if we can check into our hotel that early on Friday...maybe we will crash in a WalMart parking lot till 1pm)

sure, swing on by and we will do breakfast. :lol:

red eyes are the worst.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    RKCNDY wrote:

Breakfast at Webb's is a fun local place.

http://www.georgewebb.com/
  • tmantman Posts: 158
    Residence inn by the airport coming in sat am from Florida!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

sure, swing on by and we will do breakfast. :lol:

red eyes are the worst.

i saw your post about the lovely traffic into Chicago...no thanks :lol:

Taking red-eye because I figure if I can't see outside the window, then I won't be so freaked out...prob less screaming kids too

Breakfast at Webb's is a fun local place.

http://www.georgewebb.com/

ooohhh! thanks for the recommendation! :thumbup:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Thanks guys....
    Staying at the Hyatt...looking forward to meeting everyone
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    My friend and I are staying at the Marriot.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    Staying at the Ramada City Centre Center
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    I'm staying with some friends at Milwaukee Athletic Club (758 North Broadway, WI 53202 Milwaukee). We have rent a car, and we are coming from Chicago. Then we will go by car both days to Alpine Valley. Keeping in mind that it is my first time driving in the US maybe our best chance to arrive to AV is to follow the shuttle from Milwaukee to AV :lol:
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    trying to work out if I can make it to PJ20 but as there dont appear to be any rooms left near Alpine I guess I would need to get a hotel in Milwaukee.

Has anybody else staying there and driving to Alpine each day got space for a passanger ? I would of course pay my share or costs ?
    You can still buy bus passes through 10 Club from Chitown or Milwaukee. I can talk w/my buddy to see if we've got room in our hotel room....no promises though.
  • daneski70daneski70 Posts: 235
    What's up PJ party people!

I'm local here in Milwaukee and going to the show on Sunday with a group of 10 (local) and an additional 10 people so far from all around the country with a group of 4 from Canada. We decided to rent a party bus so nobody has to worry about driving. If any of you still does not have a ride to the show on Sunday we have about 20 seats still available on our party bus. We are trying to get a total of 40 people on the bus to keep the cost to $30 per person.The bus is going to be leaving from the corner of Water Street and Juneau Sunday morning at around 9:00 am. It's about 45 minutes to an hour to Alpine from this location. For most of you staying in the downtown hotels, you're walking distance to the bus. The pick up spot is also 3 block away from a huge Pick and Save grocery store with a huge liquor department!

I do have another thread under the subject PARTY BUS FROM DOWNTOWN MILWAUKEE TO ALPINE FOR SUNDAY if you want to get some additional details or add yourself to the list.

And when I mean party bus, I mean party bus. Here's a link to the exact bus we will be on.

http://www.partridgefamilypartybus.com/ ... ction.html

When the page opens, it's the bus at the bottom called the "Cool Bus" 1500 watt stereo system with outdoor tower speakers a party deck up top and oh yeah, a stripper pole! To all of those that do have there rides set, please feel free to stop by to say hello and have a bunch of drinks! If any of you has any questions, feel free to PM me!
    I can't believe how frig'n close it's getting...

If any of you locals have friends that are looking for tickets...I have 4 lawn seats (two to each night) that have been dumped on me by my so-called friends. Hit me up if you are interested...
  • zella54zella54 Posts: 54
    Flying in Saturday morning with my cousin. Staying at the Doubletree. We have a rental car....not sure what time we're heading to Alpine but we have room for 2 if anyone needs a ride! Also, I have two lawn seats for Sunday if anyone needs them.
  • StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 440
    This post seems as good of place as any to ask....

Question for the Milwaukee locals...I'm relocating to Milwaukee through my company and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to look for apartments downtown. Any help is appreciated.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    arriving friday 5am into MKE
    staying at the Super 8 MKE West
    have room in rental car for two peeps
    daytrip to/from chicago friday
    if you want to carpool, let me know!
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011