Comments

• Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    from the professionals

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/a ... f6878.html

10 club does it better i think
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    whats the story with the dedication to the board member?

LeatherMosquitoman (Chris) lost everything in the tornado that ripped through Joplin, Mo.

edit. that has to be the single most important part of 10C tickets...pick em up at the show. They would have been blown clear to Tennessee!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    GREAT SHOW!! I drove 5 hrs there and back and it was WELL WORTH IT.

Eddie rocked the house single-handedly (for the most part). He WHALED on his instruments. He gave 110% if not more~~!!

Love how he did the PJ songs to his own interpretation, offered much insight.

I would definitely do it again. I was about 13 rows back from the stage. BEAAUUUTIFUUL theatre!!!

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    can someone share ed's comments on the writing of immortality story???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    locked wrote:
    can someone share ed's comments on the writing of immortality story???
    He said he wrote it in his basement on a roll of maskin tape and he related it to what he had written on a poster framed here in St. Louis. He signed the poster really small and wrote waiting to die on it. So he commented that he could kick that guy's ass since he was a scrawny little bastard. then went on to mention the line in immortality "some die just to live."
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    ML113275ML113275 Posts: 2
    Fantastic show! I saw him @ the Ryman in 09 and thought that was great, but this exceeded expectations! Being from within 30 miles of Joplin the dedication was nice and then later thinking if Joplin during Arc made the eyes water. A benefit for Joplin at their auditorium would be welcomed ;). Thanks EV
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    whats the story with the dedication to the board member?

LeatherMosquitoman (Chris) lost everything in the tornado that ripped through Joplin, Mo.

edit. that has to be the single most important part of 10C tickets...pick em up at the show. They would have been blown clear to Tennessee!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

sorry to hear chris..hope everything gets back on track for you

and nice gesture mr. vedder
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    Betterman is all reworked... Almost a complete different song. Ed was in good spirits. Referenced the 94' Ed & how he'd kick his ass for behaving like an asshole. Some funny stories tonight..

That was a cool story. I want to take a tour of the Fox and hopefully see PJ's art and signatures backstage.
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • Options
    lillwild1lillwild1 Posts: 32
    The show was amazing. We're just getting ready to leave for the Minneapolis show right now. I don't think it can be topped but man, this weekend has been one of the best musical weekends of my life!
    Speak then to me, who neither beg nor fear your favours nor your hate.
  • Options
    Amazing. Hands down my favorite concert ever. I'm still beaming! Gimmesometruth, I am pretty sure I was standing right next to you outside?
    Emily
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,281
    Just got back home form St Louis. Awesome show. was full of surprise songs that i wasnt expecting. Was very pleased with the setlist. Highlight was definitely Immortality, even though Eddie forgot the lyrics. :lol: I had good 10c tickets, 12th row center. :D to bad the poster sucked.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I just got home a couple hours ago. I went to both Beacon shows and this one. 3300 miles!
    Took a buddy for his first Eddie/PJ experience and he finally understands..

That show was awesome better than the Beacon shows IMO. And if EV and Glen don't do an album together (even a recorded live show) the world is a worse place..

The drive from Birmingham was worth it in all 3 cases.

On to Alpine!
  • Options
    ekschaeekschae Posts: 3
    I just wanted to say thank you again. My little Ved head used to sing along to last kiss in her car seat. The 14 hr drive from pa to mo was well worth it just for her to hear it, and the rest of the magic of Vedder. There is no way of explaining it to anyone who hasn't been there. I only wish PJ 20 was in our future. Once again thank you Eddie.
  • Options
    This won't be long, as the only Internet I have, still, is my iPhone, but... Wow. I still can't believe it, I've been grinning all day. This guy, who's been an inspiration to millions of people in 20 plus years, the same guy I listened to in my living room on an australian radio station in 1994 for 4/3.... The same guy who thanked ME after I thanked him, when I shook his hand in 2008 before an LA solo show... Mentioned me on stage, and dedicated a song to me?? I still can't believe it.

The whole thing, while amazing, is very humbling and i did the very best I could not to bring any attention to myself or the situation. Gimmesometruth... Where were you and I standing? Did we chat?

Eddie.. You are truly a class human, and you have given me a memory I will always cherish... And something I can tell my daughter about...

I'm obviously biased now, but seemingly not much... That was the best show I've ever seen, and I was at LA3 2009. I'll be on cloud 9 for a little longer I think :)

Thank you also to the Wishlist Foundation, they've been nothing short of brilliant these last 6 weeks. Thank you for everything. I posted on my Facebook this morning, I've never been prouder to be a member of this community.

Finally, if anyone either remembers most of the transcript (I remember bits and pieces, but it's blurry because I was shitting myself) or comes across a recording, please let me know :)

Thank you :)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We have seen EV solo over the years, this our 5th show.

The sound was absolutely amazing! Booming and beautiful! :clap:

Eddies voice crisp clear for the cool stories he told ...
    Snoopy vs ST Louis :lol: love it and the signature story... now his motto "live to live"

Lovely theatre and a wonderful crowd. :D

Thanks 10 C for the great seats... 2nd row balcony provided a perfect view.

Long Nights everything I could have hoped for and then some.
    Eddie's voice spot on lovely and the song more meaningful than I had thought it
    ever could be ...
    tears and cheers for keepnfaith44

"I'll take this soul that's inside me now
    Like a brand new friend
    I'll forever know"
  • Options
    What an amazing experience. Three of us flew up from Florida and met up with another buddy in Atlanta on the way. We had a great time, but definately over did it. I expect the hangover to pass by Wednesday. St. Louis is a pretty damn cool town.
    We met some great people at the pre-party. Thanks for making it a great experience. The PJ community truly is special and I hope Wishlist raised some big money. Foxy, thanks for the beer.
    It was our first ever EV solo show and one we'll never forget. I was a bit nervous about the horror stories about the crowds, some of it downright appalling, and it seemed that STL was rowdy, but polite, LOUD on key, and chill when it mattered. Well done people. The Fox is out of control in it's beauty and sound. Glen sounded awesome. I loved Astral Weeks and damn, he bangs the hell out of his guitar on it.
    Not much to say about Eds sets that hasn't already been said. He sounded fantastic and is a great storyteller. Loved the Snoopy bit and it's funny, because we saw what must have been the same plane and he was dead on. For those of you wondering how the Uke songs translate live (like me), don't worry you'll be blown away. My favs were Can't Keep and Your True.
    Other highlights were Trouble, Sometimes, and Unthought Known. Elderly woman was a moment I'll remember...crying like a baby. The Into the Wild stuff was badass. Long Nights gave me chills. Also, what a moment to bust out Last Kiss. Perfect vibe and great sing a long. Falling Slowly...WOW!
    I have nothing bad to say about the night, BUT, if you buy a shirt, know that they are a slim fit. Bought a poster, strange, but it's already growing on me. Thanks to 10C for the seats (Orch row W on the aisle). Until next time, thanks to every person I met, as everybody seemed very cool and to Ed and Glen for a hell of a show. You can't compare it to a full blown PJ show, so don't try. It is what it is and equally special....Actually, in many ways more so. Thanks for reading....
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    pearlhawk wrote:
    Im on my cell phone but just some quick thoughts. The duet Falling Slowly with Glen Hansard was absolutely amazing. It was just incredible. Awesome show. Great energy from Ed and the crowd. Amazing. Magical show.

We drove over from Wichita - 6.5 hrs. Well worth it!

I agree. That song seriously is the most amazing thing I've ever heard live. My wife was literally crying listening to it. So Awesome.

The whole experience was great. We were in the 2nd balcony, so could have had a little better seats but no complaints really.

Ed's stories were hilarious. "Do you have a designated signer?" LOL. The baby story really made me crack up because I was the same way when my oldest son was born..."what the fuck is that?" Good stuff.

The fundraiser was fun....Glen's set was beautiful....and Ed rocked. I didn't know what to expect from an Ed solo show but he didn't disappoint. A nice mix of slower stuff, but also rocking.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    fdavidfdavid Indianapolis Posts: 71
    If you were there, count yourself lucky - I certainly do. If you weren't, it's fair to be jealous - this was an amazing night in an amazing venue with an amazing audience. Highlights have been covered. I'll add that it was clear to me that Ed was feeling good. Compared to Chicago 1, where he was happy and alert, it seemed he was carrying over his Murphy's Bleachers buzz from Thursday night to St. Louis - and in a very good way. His week spent in Chicago had to be a really meaningful and fun homecoming, and the pics from Wrigley the day before show how happy he seems.

Him forgetting the words to Immortality made that version such a unique experience - those are the type of moments I love to see in person. A real treat.

As I said in my FV for Chicago 1, Chicago summers are simply amazing. That being said, the venue location in St. Louis was perfect and my experience was great. Full disclosure: my seats were much, much better in St. Louis (10th row) and because of that, the venue, the set list, Ed's stories, I put this show right there with The Ryman (night 2).
    Soldier Field 95, Indy/Deer Creek 98, Indy/Deer Creek 2000, Cinci 2006, Tampa 2008, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Chicago United Center 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley both, Chicago Wrigley 2013, Philly 2013 night 2, Charlotte 13, LA 1 '13, LA2 '13, Cinci '14, Denver '14, Tampa '16, Lexington '16, Chicago Wrigley Nite 1 2016
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    AMAZING set list....

WORST poster EVER
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    VespertineSunVespertineSun Seattle, WA Posts: 45
    Was great meeting so many people in person ... cheers Pandora .. we talked at the end of the bar at the pre-party :D

Wish people would have been more respectful of Glen. Lots of jumping up and down and talking during his set.

I got the poster ... most don't agree with me, but it's simplicity is exactly why I like it.

V
    Be sound.
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    Saw Eddie @ the Ryman in 2009.
    This show was so much better.
    Seems he is really enjoying the solo shows & can handle the crowd a lot better.

Also, GREAT poster..
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    Was great meeting so many people in person ... cheers Pandora .. we talked at the end of the bar at the pre-party :D

Wish people would have been more respectful of Glen. Lots of jumping up and down and talking during his set.

I got the poster ... most don't agree with me, but it's simplicity is exactly why I like it.

V
    :wave: Hi V
    yes, I remember.... beautiful young woman :D

great to meet you and chat ...

I was lucky to position myself there in a perfect spot to meet great new friends
    and help bother Chelsey our wonderful over worked bartender. :clap:
    I met some awesome St Louie barkeeps this trip! What a town!

Glen was on when we got in, I walk pretty damn slow these days :lol: and I was sorry for that.
    But yes I noticed that too.
    Always tough for the openers they deserve more respect.
    Heck sometimes the mainliner deserves more respect ;)

Glad you liked the poster and loved the show... hope we meet again someday !
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Everyone has summed it up awesome fucking show. Stace got to hear all of her favorites. Met a bunch cool people and made alot of new friends. Overall A++ day.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    I'd just like to thank the douche whistler in the aisle of row P. Yes, I can hear you. You whistle really loudly. But your drunk frat boy ass was really annoying. And it's pretty bad when you fall across the aisle and land on me. Thanks, I really appreciated that. Save it for a cardinals game, dude. Thankfully, you had disappeared by the time I turned around to leave.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Everyone has summed it up awesome fucking show. Stace got to hear all of her favorites. Met a bunch cool people and made alot of new friends. Overall A++ day.
    :wave: yes! A++ for awesome ++! Tell Stacie hi from me :D
  • Options
    MoonTurtle wrote:

Cool, thank you for sharing. I think we got a special show, it was amazing. I almost lost it during Trouble, I've wanted to hear him do that for so long.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    pandora wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    :wave: yes! A++ for awesome ++! Tell Stacie hi from me :D

Will Do she enjoyed meeting everyone said everyone was so nice. I'm not usually a social butterfly so she was impressed with how i handled the crowd and new people.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570

V

Judging by your picture, you look like the woman who kindly invited my wife and I to join you and others at your table at the Field House? My wife was the short, red head and I had the black ball cap on with white shirt...maybe not? If you are, thanks for being so friendly!
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    lillwild1lillwild1 Posts: 32
    To the wonderful young man who sat next to us, your love and excitement made the show even better. (could it get any better?) I wish we could have taken you to Minneapolis with us!
    Speak then to me, who neither beg nor fear your favours nor your hate.