Options

*** EV Tour - St. Louis Fanviews Here 07/01/11 ***

124»

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    I posted yesterday my great expierence from the show and it dissapeared...after i posted it...and it was a big paragrapgh...i dont know where it went...so this ones a test
  • Options
    Ok,..that worked so lets try this again...drove down from Omaha w/ my 13 yr old son who is (faster than i expected) replacing my wife as my Pearl jam mate to go to the shows...As we listened and talked PJ/eddie for the 6 hour drive in, We both came to the aggreement that though we'd much rather see Pearl Jam, this will definately do for now. More like its great to see him once but don't know if we'd travel like this again to see him in future...Let me be very clear on this though...the drive home the next day our attitudes were completely differ...He was really really entertainning and it was flat out awesome!!! not to mention, i didnt know it was going to be Ed all by himself...I thought he'd have some sort of lil back up band or something, but nope..Just Ed, all by his lonesome (beside the occasional Ben coming out for a few tunes here and there). What amazed me the most was to see Ed having just as much, if not more, fun than the crowd...He was in a great mood and the overall vide was top notch...Ukelele, acousitic,,..amazingly, it was never dull or even slow..amazing.
    My son got stuck in the beer/pop line during his all time favorite song "i am mine"...i was panic..i kept looking for him to come back, "He's not really going to miss this? is he?" He got back to our seats at the end of it but did have a great story...Said that when the song come on, you could hear it so good still in the back halls that he got to sing it word for word with a random girl in line...he said they sang it together and it really made his night...everyone else seamed zoned on getting another beer but he got to share a moment with a pearl jam die hard and i was so proud to hear him tell it...i could tell he knew it'd make me proud also...
    Anyways...great great show and another great time to spend with my son, hopefully in anther year or 2 my daughter will be old enough that my wife and her can enjoy it with us...thanks for listening...Bob
  • Options
    oh ya...almost forgot to give thanks to 10club...my tix were pretty damn good i may add...not front row, but the next best thing...my 10c # is 182*** and when i picked up my tix...the gal that worked there said if your not all the way up front...you want to be up on the balcony/mezz...which is exactly where my seats were...the mezz/balcony looked like it had at least 25+ rows...We were up on mezz, 3rd row, just a hair to the left...which the overhang was so far out above the crowd, close the to stage...the seats were really cool...so thanks again ten club...even though...I have no idea how my shitty, Emachines..$299 BestBuy piece of shit..., work computer got thru all the servers freeezin up the day of sale...Actually, prob pure luck...stay cool and safe this summer and hope to see ya all at the next one!!! Bob
  • Options
    DW164284DW164284 Posts: 1
    Is there a bootleg for this show?
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    All looks and sounds absolutely awesome, reading this!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    curly wrote:
    oh ya...almost forgot to give thanks to 10club...my tix were pretty damn good i may add...not front row, but the next best thing...my 10c # is 182*** and when i picked up my tix...the gal that worked there said if your not all the way up front...you want to be up on the balcony/mezz...which is exactly where my seats were...the mezz/balcony looked like it had at least 25+ rows...We were up on mezz, 3rd row, just a hair to the left...which the overhang was so far out above the crowd, close the to stage...the seats were really cool...so thanks again ten club...even though...I have no idea how my shitty, Emachines..$299 BestBuy piece of shit..., work computer got thru all the servers freeezin up the day of sale...Actually, prob pure luck...stay cool and safe this summer and hope to see ya all at the next one!!! Bob

You weren't too far from us, then. We were in the first row of the balcony...so just behind you. I thought the seats were decent. Better than back of the floor.

To the last poster - it was an incredible show!
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    h33ockeyh33ockey Posts: 14
    tremors wrote:
    It was everything everyone has already said. Just an outstanding show. 2hrs and 20 min and 34 songs, what else could you ask for.

We were in the balcony and most everyone around us was very respectful. I am from the St. Louis area and normally crowds here are very good, but I met so many people from elsewhere, the crowd seemed like it was 60/40 St. Louisans to visitors. So, I would say us St. Louisans can't take all the credit for the great crowd. I think the Fox Theatre is so classy and beutiful that it brings the best out in people. Arc and Falling Slowly were so moving I can't even describe it. I said to my wife I would love to hear Trouble and sure as hell he played it. Anyone who was lucky enough to be there that night was treated to one of the best shows ever imo.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    h33ockey wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    It was everything everyone has already said. Just an outstanding show. 2hrs and 20 min and 34 songs, what else could you ask for.

We were in the balcony and most everyone around us was very respectful. I am from the St. Louis area and normally crowds here are very good, but I met so many people from elsewhere, the crowd seemed like it was 60/40 St. Louisans to visitors. So, I would say us St. Louisans can't take all the credit for the great crowd. I think the Fox Theatre is so classy and beutiful that it brings the best out in people. Arc and Falling Slowly were so moving I can't even describe it. I said to my wife I would love to hear Trouble and sure as hell he played it. Anyone who was lucky enough to be there that night was treated to one of the best shows ever imo.
    It was by far the best EV solo I've seen... Thank you Eddie! :D
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    pandora wrote:

Agreed. This beats out Chicago 1 in 08' for me.
  • Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    Abe Froman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Agreed. This beats out Chicago 1 in 08' for me.

That's tough to say because I put that Chicago show up on a pretty high pedestal. But, the combo of EV and Glen was outstanding. Regardless, it was a great show in STL and you could tell Ed was happy this crowd wasn't obnoxious like some of the other EV shows. Loved the story Ed told about wanting to kick the ass of the '94 version of himself. Funny stuff.
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13