The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Just put down a Dogfish Punk now onto a left hand milk stout. :o

Is that Dogfish's stout?

(hit the homebrew porter and had a Red Chair (Northwest Pale Ale) from Deschutes)

Left Handed Brewery is from Colorado.

I'd like to host a throw down event between Oregon, Colorado & Pennsylvania breweries. :D

PA owns the pilseners. I think we'd even beat Germany. :shock:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    and so it begins...

58% of Goose Island purchased by Anheiser Busch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    picked up some Magic Hat IPA on tour.

they are doing a quarterly special ipa brew. this quarters is a dark ipa

cool label...record inspired. 45 single.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    summer ale season has begun in the juggler household.

flying fish leads things off

:clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    going with a Magic Hat Wacko summer seasonal to start the proceedings.

label describes it as a beer with beet juice color
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637

Is that the Farmhouse?

I'm more of a stout/porter kind of guy, but am interested in trying some summer ales. Not a fan of Sam Adams, but am willing to give some others a try. Any suggestions?
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    PJSerf wrote:

Is that the Farmhouse?

I'm more of a stout/porter kind of guy, but am interested in trying some summer ales. Not a fan of Sam Adams, but am willing to give some others a try. Any suggestions?

Stout's Karnival Kolsch
    Troegs Sunshine Pilsner (hoppy!)
    Victory Whirlwind Wit
    Weyerbacher Verboten
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    PJSerf wrote:

Is that the Farmhouse?

Stout's Karnival Kolsch
    Victory Whirlwind Wit
    Weyerbacher Verboten

Thanks! I actually had the Whirlwind Wit this weekend, I did enjoy that one. I'll look for the others over the weekend!
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    PJSerf wrote:

Is that the Farmhouse?

Stout's Karnival Kolsch
    Victory Whirlwind Wit
    Weyerbacher Verboten

...and yes that was the farmhouse i was takling about:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/339/1959
    chinese-happy.jpg
    victory's yakima glory ale was consumed by your juggler last night....

VICTORY!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

VICTORY!

I love this beer. Especially in growler form directly from the lips of their fresh taps in D-town.

VICTORY!

I love this beer. Especially in growler form directly from the lips of their fresh taps in D-town.

8.6% alc never tasted as good.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

VICTORY!

And did you see this?

http://victorybeer.com/brewpub/catering/onwheels/
    Picked up some smuttynose porter. Time to crack one open
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

And did you see this?

http://victorybeer.com/brewpub/catering/onwheels/

ha! dude i was actually looking at that earlier today. i wonder how much something like that would cost? i didn't see any prices which isn't usually a good thing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I think I may have to pick up a 6-pack of this for tonight...3 Floyds Gumballhead. Great beer.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/9478
  • Went to the East Nashville Beer Festival and they had some great brews there. Obviously my favorite was there, Sweetwater Blue.

Recently tried a beer called Singletrack Copper Ale that was really good.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • gabers wrote:
    If y'all have access to any of the beers made by the Oskar Blues Brewery you must try them all. I love every one of them. They've won a ton of awards. My favorites are Mama's Little Yella Pils and Dale's Pale Ale. And all of their beer comes in cans. Good thing when you're hiking or tubing. Here's their site.

http://www.oskarblues.com/

Have had the Dale's Pale Ale a few times. Lots of Hop, but still good.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
    troegs sunshine pilsner was my beer of choice this weekend. i've always enjoyed this beer. thinking it will be my go to all summer long:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/694/4108
    chinese-happy.jpg
    oh really? another sunshine pilsner on a monday after a long day/night of work? ah, don't mind if i do.

god bless america :clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    troegs sunshine pilsner was my beer of choice this weekend. i've always enjoyed this beer. thinking it will be my go to all summer long:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/694/4108

About time to pick up a case of that good stuff. 8-)

sunshine pilsner or go for a bottle cab tonight? :think:
    chinese-happy.jpg

porter...definatly porter..yeah porter
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    one of the best beers i've ever had...

http://www.bluepointbrewing.com/bpbc/mi ... -illusion/

Prima Pils. :D Although Sunshine is a seasonal, so you need to take advantage of it. Little more hoppy I guess.

Edmund is in the house
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Finally allowed to drink again and dogfish Theobroma is my choice tonight.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711

Wow! That's a granddaddy of a beer to start back with. My brother had a couple of them over x-mas and was kind enough to share one with me. Never have I tasted so many different and eclectic flavors in one beer.

Enjoy!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    rcs wrote:

Wow! That's a granddaddy of a beer to start back with. My brother had a couple of them over x-mas and was kind enough to share one with me. Never have I tasted so many different and eclectic flavors in one beer.

Enjoy!
    Thanks it's an awesome flavorful beer. I love the chili taste it's prob my 2nd fav dogfish beer behind there Punk. Chic stout and bitches brew are up there too.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Ok just want to say I'm very pleased with this thread. I live only 20mins away from Flying Dog brewery in Frederick MD. My fav. beer of all time.. they have this new hops collection out called the Alpha Collection a homage to all there hop beers. They are throwing in a new single hop brew that is to die for.. Imperial IPA Simcoe Single Hop.. My fav. of theirs so far. I have alot of thiers i really enjoy.. Seasonal K-9 Cruiser is my all time fav. Looks like alot of people on here like Dogfish head. Saddly i've never tried it I think this forum has made me very curious about trying it. My other favs craft beer brews are... Victory Brewing, and Baltimore's own Heavy Seas(love it).. If there is other brews people think I should try based on my extreme hoppy/med light beers i like and or dark and malty beers.. my 2 fav. kinds. please feel free to pm me or write back on this forum really love trying new and wonderful craft beers thanks PJ fans.. Oh really hoping for some craft beer selections at PJ20 or i'm screwed.. HAHA :)

P.S. If any on here are wine fans, I'm really into Maynard James Keenan's wine (singer of Tool,APC, and Pusifer) his Caduceus wine and Arizona Stronghold that he makes with Eric Glomski are just pure amazing.. Check them out. You wont regret it!!

6/22/2008 Verizon Center, Washington,D.C. (first show and bday show)
    05/13/2010 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA.
    06/25/2011 Tower Theater, Philadelphia, PA E.V. Solo Show
    09/03 & 09/04/2011 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI PJ20!!