Options

Who else is trying to get Seats for Both days?

rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
edited June 2011 in The Porch
I got reserved on Sat. and lawn on Sun.

I will be trying for seats through Ticketmaster for day 2, doubt I'll get them but figured it's worth a shot...It's extremely hard to get Reserved tickets at alpine for a average show.
08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i'm the same, i want to get a seat for saturday mostly because sometimes GA crowds get me claustrophobic, especially when there's less structure (ie seats tend to make people stay relatively in one spot). people are saying it'll be a big party and it just gets me nervous more so than excited, although if i don't get a seat for saturday i'll be ok
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,904
    I was thinking about it. But then I realized the trip will already be very expensive and I want to experience Alpines lawn anyway.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Personally, im looking forward to jamming on the lawn with fellow pj fans in addition to hitting the loto

At the end of the day though- Im just gald to be going. IVe been in the very last row in an arena (buffalo 03) and as close as 6 th row.

Its all good.

But good luck in trying...
    Seek my part, devote myself..
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I might give it a shot but I most likely won't be at a computer (it's 1pm Eastern on a Saturday afternoon, for crying out loud!!) so I will be praying to the iPhone gods this weekend :mrgreen:
  • Options
    i'm the same, i want to get a seat for saturday mostly because sometimes GA crowds get me claustrophobic, especially when there's less structure (ie seats tend to make people stay relatively in one spot). people are saying it'll be a big party and it just gets me nervous more so than excited, although if i don't get a seat for saturday i'll be ok

I've been to quite a few shows at Alpine, I've only got seats 1 time, you won't have anything to worry about on the lawn, unless it rains then it gets extremely slippery. I'm only 5'10" and I always get stuck behind the tall guy, and the seats are incredible at Alpine even if you are in the last row.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Suziemay wrote:
    I might give it a shot but I most likely won't be at a computer (it's 1pm Eastern on a Saturday afternoon, for crying out loud!!) so I will be praying to the iPhone gods this weekend :mrgreen:

it's 11 AM EST.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    F5.

not going, just giving readers a heads up.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    manutd3581 wrote:
    F5.

not going, just giving readers a heads up.

LOL...I hit that so many times during the ten club presale I'm surprised the button isn't worn out.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:

it's 11 AM EST.

Crap, I can't do math. Argh! Thanks!
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    i was going to try for 1 res ticket on sunday and just heard from demetri, 'that would be bad karma' for lawn 10c. soooooo, fk TM i am stikin w/the res/ga tix, peace!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,246
    YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! You already have tix for both days, and yet you are going to take a seat away from someone who does not have tix for either day yet. I can only go to the Sunday show, yet I will be fighting for tix against people who already have tix for both days!!!! :twisted: C'mon people!!!!!! :twisted:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! You already have tix for both days, and yet you are going to take a seat away from someone who does not have tix for either day yet. I can only go to the Sunday show, yet I will be fighting for tix against people who already have tix for both days!!!! :twisted: C'mon people!!!!!! :twisted:

assuming you don't care about being on the lawn....those tickets will be plentiful.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    I will be trying for res for sunday... prob get another lawn for saturday too.
    3 tix for two people each day in case the wife needs to go back to the RV to rest..

this "festival" should allow reentry.

basta****
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read posting guidelines. :D that's not a nice thing to say.
  • Options
    YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read posting guidelines. :D that's not a nice thing to say.

Agreed, its certainly not nice, but its 100% true.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

assuming you don't care about being on the lawn....those tickets will be plentiful.

Everyone assumes that, but we will all be on the same site trying for tix, not separate sites for seats and lawn.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    maybe everyone should wait until you get yours :lol:
  • Options

That would be nice......

Or lets look at it this way, people sat here and bitched and moaned and bitched and moaned about how hard it was to get tickets. The server sucks, I had to refresh for 10 hours, 10club sucks, blah, blah, blah.....People are actually going to be making and wearing shirts that say f5 for god sakes. Then said " YEAH I FINALLY GOT THROUGH AFTER 10 HOURS!!!!. BUT WAIT, I ONLY HAVE TICKETS FOR BOTH NIGHTs, I DONT HAVE SEATS FOR BOTH NIGHTS. I PROBABLY SHOULD TRY TO BUY A MORE TICKETS!!!!!" :roll:
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051

That would be nice......

Or lets look at it this way, people sat here and bitched and moaned and bitched and moaned about how hard it was to get tickets. The server sucks, I had to refresh for 10 hours, 10club sucks, blah, blah, blah.....People are actually going to be making and wearing shirts that say f5 for god sakes. Then said " YEAH I FINALLY GOT THROUGH AFTER 10 HOURS!!!!. BUT WAIT, I ONLY HAVE TICKETS FOR BOTH NIGHTs, I DONT HAVE SEATS FOR BOTH NIGHTS. I PROBABLY SHOULD TRY TO BUY A MORE TICKETS!!!!!" :roll:

I sympathise with your position. It does seem a bit strange to me that after all the distress created by the ticketing fiasco, all the criticisms levelled at 10C for their part in it, and the many Pearl Jam fans getting completely shut out of tickets - that there are clearly pairs of people who are currently holding 8 tickets, who are going to compete for more. It is obvious from the recent threads on this board that there were plenty of pairs of people trying to get hold of 8 tickets - with the intention from the beginning of only using 4 of them. It doesn't seem all that ethical to me - and yet those same people have been getting on their high horses attacking the Ten Club. My biggest fear is that actually what is going to happen with all this is that quite a large number of tickets (GA mainly) are going to end up going to nobody at all - and just be discarded by the wheelers and dealers.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tremors wrote:
    that quite a large number of tickets (GA mainly) are going to end up going to nobody at all - and just be discarded by the wheelers and dealers.

i might have to lower my GA price estimate to $10. there are going to be a shit ton of GA tickets available for cheap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    I'm looking forward to jamming with some hard core PJ fans in the lawn for night one. I'm sticking with my Lawn/Res. 10C seats.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    grizaham wrote:
    I will be trying for res for sunday... prob get another lawn for saturday too.
    3 tix for two people each day in case the wife needs to go back to the RV to rest..

this "festival" should allow reentry.

basta****

Is it confirmed that there is no reentry?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178

That would be nice......

G-R-E-E-D!!! G-R-E-E-D!!! It's a disease. They want more and more and more.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    that quite a large number of tickets (GA mainly) are going to end up going to nobody at all - and just be discarded by the wheelers and dealers.

i might have to lower my GA price estimate to $10. there are going to be a shit ton of GA tickets available for cheap.

There's going to be loads kicking around, and a fair few of them are going to end up being thrown away if people find it too hard to shift them I reckon.

God knows what the scenes are going to be like on the day outside the Ten Club window. The place is going to look like the Wall Street trading floor. Expect some brawling! I hope they put this on the webcast though

• Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    G-R-E-E-D!!! G-R-E-E-D!!! It's a disease. They want more and more and more.

if you have seen PJ more than 10 times in the past, please stay home.

thanks, the under 10 crowd. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    81 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

There's going to be loads kicking around, and a fair few of them are going to end up being thrown away if people find it too hard to shift them I reckon.

God knows what the scenes are going to be like on the day outside the Ten Club window. The place is going to look like the Wall Street trading floor. Expect some brawling! I hope they put this on the webcast though

why would there be brawls?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    I'm not trying for seats my other day. I agree with those that say experiencing both will be part of the fun of doing it twice. But if folks wanted reserve both days, what is wrong with them trying to do that? If all you want is lawn, just show up and there will be tons for free from these people who have tickets to unload (though I'm sure tm will have plenty of them available later in the day as well).

So, if your complaint is concern over lawn seats, I think your concern is misplaced. If it's about getting seats - why are you any more entitled than someone else? Quite frankly, if I did that, I'd GIVE my lawn tickets to someone b/c I don't want to deal with the hassle over a couple hundred bucks. But, don't begrudge people wanting seating both nights.

Now, if 10C offered them Res/Res and there was a miss, then maybe you have a point. But, that option was not given. So, those folks should not feel restricted to not try to accomplish that. You can say they are selfish, but you are looking at it only from your own view point (which I believe without my dictionary handy defines selfish). Don't try to shame people. That never looks pretty.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

why would there be brawls?

I just think there's going to be so many deals going to be going down, amongst so many fired up people, that some of it is bound to get out of hand. But I am of a slightly nervous disposition, so it may not prove quite so apocalyptic as I'm imagining it!

• Options
    I'm not trying for seats my other day. I agree with those that say experiencing both will be part of the fun of doing it twice. But if folks wanted reserve both days, what is wrong with them trying to do that? If all you want is lawn, just show up and there will be tons for free from these people who have tickets to unload (though I'm sure tm will have plenty of them available later in the day as well).

So, if your complaint is concern over lawn seats, I think your concern is misplaced. If it's about getting seats - why are you any more entitled than someone else? Quite frankly, if I did that, I'd GIVE my lawn tickets to someone b/c I don't want to deal with the hassle over a couple hundred bucks. But, don't begrudge people wanting seating both nights.

Now, if 10C offered them Res/Res and there was a miss, then maybe you have a point. But, that option was not given. So, those folks should not feel restricted to not try to accomplish that. You can say they are selfish, but you are looking at it only from your own view point (which I believe without my dictionary handy defines selfish). Don't try to shame people. That never looks pretty.

I want 2 tickets.
    They already bought 4.

What am i missing?
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Lawn seats are going to be easy to get.

And agree with the above poster. Everyone is entitled to try for seats. That is not greedy. Just normal.

I'm not going. But if I was I think I would want to experience the lawn one day.... but who knows.