Options

Who else is trying to get Seats for Both days?

2»

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147

I want 2 tickets.
    They already bought 4.

What am i missing?

I think you are missing the fact that the world does not revolve around you and your needs. :lol:
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,271

I want 2 tickets.
    They already bought 4.

What am i missing?

I think you are missing the fact that the world does not revolve around you and your needs. :lol:

But if my needs were seats when I already have lawn it would be OK.
  • Options

I want 2 tickets.
    They already bought 4.

What am i missing?

It's ok for everyone to try and buy whatever tickets they want.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

I want 2 tickets.
    They already bought 4.

What am i missing?

Hey, if I get great seats to Sunday, then I'll offer you my 10C lawn for Sunday below face...how about that? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    I will try to get seats both days since I was not given a fair shot at presale tix.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    I want 2 tickets.
    They already bought 4.

What am i missing?

You're not missing anything. Your ignoring what you already know - they got 2 tickets they wanted (res) and 2 tickets that they are fine with, but didn't really want if they had been offered res/res. So, they want to get res/res and their GA's will be available for you to buy/take for free.

You want unimpeded access to reserve seats. Why is that fair? Like I said, if you are talking just GA, I sort of see your point (though, like many have said and is self evident - those will be available). But, if you just want folks that have GA to not try for res, that's selfish on your part.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:
    I will try to get seats both days since I was not given a fair shot at presale tix.

"Fair shot"...wasn't it the same craziness for everyone? Or are you saying you didn't have a chance to get back on the next day? That certainly sucked for some.

Good luck, hope you grab some.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    i'm the same, i want to get a seat for saturday mostly because sometimes GA crowds get me claustrophobic, especially when there's less structure (ie seats tend to make people stay relatively in one spot). people are saying it'll be a big party and it just gets me nervous more so than excited, although if i don't get a seat for saturday i'll be ok

I've been to quite a few shows at Alpine, I've only got seats 1 time, you won't have anything to worry about on the lawn, unless it rains then it gets extremely slippery. I'm only 5'10" and I always get stuck behind the tall guy, and the seats are incredible at Alpine even if you are in the last row.

I thought about trying for pavilion seat on my GA night but figured I didn't want to deal with the cost or the karma of keeping someone else out of the pavilion.

Regarding the quote above, seats in the last row at Alpine ARE incredible...but seats way off to the side are not, no matter how far down you are, because of the angle. Especially when people aren't checking tickets and then your row is 3 people deep from drunks from the lawn sneaking down, which ruined the 2003 concert for me. That and the people getting pissed on by said drunks. But that's off topic.

I'm actually curious how many pavilion seats are still available for the public. When this festival idea was in its infancy I didn't even consider that they wouldn't make the whole pavilion 10 club only.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    GD274660 wrote:

"Fair shot"...wasn't it the same craziness for everyone? Or are you saying you didn't have a chance to get back on the next day? That certainly sucked for some.

Good luck, hope you grab some.

Yea, I tried for 8 hrs on day one. On day two, I had a flight at 6am and didn't have any computer access until about 1130pm at night.....when I found out everything worked and was sold out.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    It's pretty clear that 10C told us which night we get reserved for the reason that they know many 10C members will want seats both nights. It's just physically easier for many of us.

It's also pretty clear anyone will be able to see PJ on the lawn for below face value, so scalping ethics won't even be in play.

I assume I won't need the wrist band to go to my reserved 10C seats, correct?

However, will the wrist band be the only way into the 10C lawn section or will the 10C GA ticket itself have a special designation?
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! You already have tix for both days, and yet you are going to take a seat away from someone who does not have tix for either day yet. I can only go to the Sunday show, yet I will be fighting for tix against people who already have tix for both days!!!! :twisted: C'mon people!!!!!! :twisted:

That's why they told us which night we have seats for, if they didn't want us to do this then they wouldn't have told us. Also, would you rather have the seats go to a scalper...if I end up getting seats for sunday, I will end up selling my two extra lawn seats for face value or lower.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    chaslil wrote:

However, will the wrist band be the only way into the 10C lawn section or will the 10C GA ticket itself have a special designation?

Don't know 100% for sure, but I think you need the wristband to enter the 10C lawn area and the 10C area with shade, etc.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    chaslil wrote:
    It's pretty clear that 10C told us which night we get reserved for the reason that they know many 10C members will want seats both nights. It's just physically easier for many of us.

It's also pretty clear anyone will be able to see PJ on the lawn for below face value, so scalping ethics won't even be in play.

I assume I won't need the wrist band to go to my reserved 10C seats, correct?

I was going to try for seats on Saturday and sell my 10c lawn tickets to a 10c member at face value, until I thought about the above quote...I wouldn't want to give up my wristband for Saturday as I'd want it for both days for the shady area/bathrooms/etc. So I'd basically be selling a 10c member the equivalent of a Ticketmaster GA lawn ticket (since they probably wouldn't be able to access the 10c lawn without the wristband) and taking a member's shot of getting pavilion seats at all.

I still think it's perfectly fine for people to try for seats for both days -- some people might not physically be able to handle the lawn and would need (or just prefer) a seat. I'm fine with that, and if you're a lucky type of person and get pavilion seats both days, congrats!!! :D But I think I'm going to keep my lawn seats and not try to push my luck, as I'm surprised that I got any tickets at all ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    just confirm it..no leprosy at the Lawn..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just confirm it..no leprosy at the Lawn..

Definitely not :D Lawns typically scare me just because of getting shoved/etc but I think the 10c lawn will hopefully be different. Also, I'd take a bit of 10c leprosy ;) I'm actually getting excited about the lawn; it'll be good to get both the lawn and pavilion experience in one trip.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    i just love it...ticketmaster ,livenation waiting..and they dont allow you to refresh...no f5?..
    no refreshing???? :lol::lol::lol:
    10c waiting ROCKS!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”