Options

What lineup will be at the HOF induction?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I don't see any reason why Pearl Jam wouldn't make it in on the first Ballot. They've sold over 60 Million records in their career and are highly respected by their peers.

Very few bands make it first ballot. Even Zeppelin waited a few extra years. Zep was enjoying a big surge in popularity, thanks to the Unledded tours) when they were elected.

If PJ is still makin music, they will prolly get in just in time to promote something.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    DewieCox wrote:
    Very few bands make it first ballot. Even Zeppelin waited a few extra years. Zep was enjoying a big surge in popularity, thanks to the Unledded tours) when they were elected.

If PJ is still makin music, they will prolly get in just in time to promote something.

The rule is 25 years from a band's first released recording.

Led Zeppelin's first album came out in 1969. They were inducted in 1995. Not first ballot, but they only had to wait a year.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Police, U2, and REM all went in when first eligible I believe. Its not impossible. Depends on who else is on the ballot for 2016. I think someone made that list of who would be first eligible for that year on another thread.

A band as legendary and influential as Black Sabbath had to wait 36 years! Then you have Alice Cooper, Genesis, Rush, Cat Stevens, etc. who are all still waiting.

The whole thing is bullshit it seems.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08