Options

Billy Corgan blames Cubs playoff flop on Eddie Vedder

2»

Comments

• Options
    Unless I wasn't listening closely, Eddie sang "someday we'll go all the way."

If he said "this year we are absolutely going all the way", then I could see how that could have jinxed the team and angered fans.
  • Options
    Vedder didnt curse the Cubs - the Cubs did themselves in by playing like shit against MY Dodgers. The cubs choke every year. Did Vedder release this song last year? How about in 03 when Alex Gonzalez whiffed an easy double play that would have sent Chicago to the Series? Nope

Corgan needs to zip it and do another Simpsons episode - although i doubt he was that serious
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    Unless I wasn't listening closely, Eddie sang "someday we'll go all the way."

If he said "this year we are absolutely going all the way", then I could see how that could have jinxed the team and angered fans.
    EXACTLY..

Billy Corgan obviously didn't listen to the lyrics..

What a fucking two year old he is.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i think the rogaine has infected his brain.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Corgan needs to worry about his own career, last I checked canceling shows (IN YOUR HOMETOWN) doesn't really make fans that happy!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    irieinindy wrote:
    Corgan needs to worry about his own career, last I checked canceling shows (IN YOUR HOMETOWN) doesn't really make fans that happy!

He's ill

If you checked the setlists the 3rd show seems to be cut short.....
  • Options
    Was at the Wednesday show.....and it sucked donkey balls...
    Billy Corgan looks like a big penis. His clothes looked stupid, the backup band was second rate.....I would say the only positive thing about the concert was his smokin' bass player.....I was lucky enough to be on 10 rows right in front of her....schwingg!!!!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Billy Corgan is a Hump Head!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a doo-doo face!!!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    jealousy is a terrible thing. i LOVED the pumpkins back in the day. but they ceased being relevant like 10 years ago, at least. they played in raleigh recently at some tiny a$$ place. in another 2 years, Billy will be touring with motley crue and poison.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    like those chumps need an excuse for losing!! they lost cause they fucking choked/suck!!

don't try to pawn that shit off on Ed!!

Corgan you big bowling ball headed bitch...shut yo trap!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Did Vedder also write a recent song about Donovan McNabb???
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Corgan is an idiot
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Jason P wrote:
    Did Vedder also write a recent song about Donovan McNabb???

Why yes...he did..its called Setting Forth...which McNabb will be doing after the season is over :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Here is another article:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/sports/baseball/Billy-Corgan-Accuses-Eddie-Vedder-of-Jinxing-Cubs.html

This guy says he doubts Corgan can beat Vedder.

People talk shit on stage. It's just a means of trying to get some rapport with the crowd. This has all the marks of half-joking between song banter not to be taken seriously. It pales in comparison to the classless shit-talking Ed has done onstage. At least Billy took a swipe at a peer that could take it. I'm tired of hearing Ed shit on bands that look up to him.
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    Corgan is a superstitious twit!

Eddie is not a sportsman, he's not a player or team member, he's not even the captain so how the hell did he make them lose?? Sounds like they are a perennial bunch of losers anyway so it's not exactly new for them anyway!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Nobody in the annals of sports has suffered as long as Chicago Cubs fans. The team's 100-year championship drought is the longest in North American sports, so it's understandable if their fans get cranky. But Smashing Pumpkins' frontman Billy Corgan has found an unlikely source to blame for the team's disappointing playoff loss this past season. At a concert in his hometown this past weekend, Home Rub Derby reports Corgan laid the franchise's upset loss at the feet of Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder.

You see, Vedder wrote a song called 'All the Way' for the Cubs. Seems innocent enough, but not to Corgan. "If the Cubs did have a chance this last year that just passed," Corgan told a Chicago crowd. "F---ing Eddie Vedder killed that s--- dead. Last I checked, Eddie ain't living here, OK? Eddie ain't living here to write a song about my f---ing team."

Sorry, Corgan. Curse of the Vedder doesn't have quite the same ring as Curse of the Bambino.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Wow...

Who would have thought the absurd stage rantings of a bottom feeding waterhead like Billy Corgan would generate this kind of interest.

The story is all over the interwebs today.

Since when has anyone given a wet shit what Billy Fucking Corgan has to say anyways?

Funny thing is...Eddie Vedder is probably some place far far away from this irrelevant sorry excuse for a news story....surfing...drinking...and most of all enjoying his awesome life.

Billy Corgan on the otherhand is probably waking up in a hotel outside of Shit Town USA where he'll no doubt go through the motions ignoring the cold bitter reality that the expiry date on his career and credebility have long since past him by.

Corgan should concentrate less on dissing his peers and concentrate a little bit harder getting through this lame as circus freakshow of tour.

Sour Milk Spilled by a Sour Fool
    No Doubt.
  • Options
    Jeez, lets take a poll how many people think Billy seriously thinks Eddie jinxed the Cubs and how many think it is joking around? it should be noted the Pumpkins were playing in the same theater where Eddie's song was recorded no doubt Corgan knew that since he didn't mention it the previous 2 nights in Chicago at a different theater. I was there he just looked like he was having fun ribbing Eddie to me.

For those who think there is a serious feud lets get out the boxing gloves and let them go at it despite Corgan's uh, whopping 8 inch height advantage. Oops.
  • Options
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    it should be noted the Pumpkins were playing in the same theater where Eddie's song was recorded no doubt Corgan knew that since he didn't mention it the previous 2 nights in Chicago at a different theater.

All the Way was recorded at the Auditorium Theatre.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Corgan - ''despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage''.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Any baseball fan knows the reason they lost is BECAUSE they are the cubs.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Any baseball fan knows the reason they lost is BECAUSE they are the cubs.

Yep
    And we've been remineded of this every season for the last 100 years.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Ah, the Porch.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Eddie could take Corgan. Just because he's shorter doesn't mean Corgan is stronger than him.

Eddie would fuck up Corgan. Eddies kinda jacked dude.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Cubs suck, Pumpkins suck, Corgan got nothing else better to do with his time, just let him continue on with his half ass reunion tour.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    i used to think that it would be nice if corgan used his annoying voice for something other than singing. turns out i was wrong. i wish he'd just keep his fucking trap shut for good.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    I honestly think Corgan was just joking here.

Frankly, I can envision Ed doing the same thing, if the roles were reversed.

You folks gotta stop being so sensitive.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Yet more proof that Corgan is a twat :rolleyes:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Yeah, Billy and the pumpkins suck so hard.

I mean people say 'cancel a show in their hometown' when in fact its just being moving. It's canceled due to illness

oh i forgot to mention they added ANOTHER show to the already 4 that have been played/planned.

http://smashingpumpkins.com/pages/news/additional-chicago-date-added-to-20th-anniversary-tour