Options

Dave Krusen joins PJ Tribute Dirty Frank onstage last night

dirtyfrank71dirtyfrank71 Posts: 108
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Hey everyone!
OG Pearl Jam drummer Dave Krusen came out to see DF last night in Huntington Beach, Ca. and jumped behind the drums to play Alive and Black.

It was amazing, everyone there was blown away...what a great guy as well. Thanks Dave and all who made last night an amazing show!

VIDEO WILL BE UP THIS AFTERNOON at http://www.myspace.com/dirtyfrankatributetopear
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    wow cool :)
  • Options
    woa That's pretty cool!
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    that is freakin awesome
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Awesome :)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    OMFG!!!!

Dude!!! That is awesome!!!

and of course I did not go! D'oh!.

Congrats on that!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    tribute bands sucks
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    nice!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    azwyldcats wrote:
    tribute bands sucks

Spending your life pretending your someone else? OK for an actor but not in a band. Tribute bands should be made illegal.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    mole1985 wrote:
    Spending your life pretending your someone else? OK for an actor but not in a band. Tribute bands should be made illegal.

I'm not that interested in seeing a straight-up tribute band for a rock band. But I like the ones that play music you can't see live any more, like Rocket Queen (Guns 'n' Roses tribute featuring Blaxl Rose) and Who's Bad (Michael Jackson). And the ones that have kind of a gimmick seem cool too (if you like the band), like Dark Star Orchestra playing full Grateful Dead shows where part of the fun is figuring out what show it is, and I guess seeing if they make a mistake, if you're a huge trading geek.

But seriously, most tribute bands are just bar/club bands, never becoming huge rockstars, so who are they hurting? They're just providing some fun times for people to share.

Melissa
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    tribute bands sucks

So does poor English.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    you're right guys....we should be made illegal...and we suck.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    So does poor English.

lol. ;)
  • Options
    Hey everyone!
    OG Pearl Jam drummer Dave Krusen came out to see DF last night in Huntington Beach, Ca. and jumped behind the drums to play Alive and Black.

It was amazing, everyone there was blown away...what a great guy as well. Thanks Dave and all who made last night an amazing show!

VIDEO WILL BE UP THIS AFTERNOON at http://www.myspace.com/dirtyfrankatributetopear

That is awesome! Congrats :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Hey everyone!

very cool....nicely done... :)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    This is great!

Did you know beforehand or did he just show up?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    So does poor English.
    typos happen
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    wow--this started out as a very cool thing for DF!! then, some people had to chime in saying crap like tribute bands suck, etc...I hope you guys are friends of DF and are kidding around. If not, go rain on someone else's parade.

This thread is about something awesome that happened to some pearl Jam fans, not the validity of tribute bands.

VERY cool that Dave showed up and played--I'm sure it made for a fun night!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Wow, that is pretty f'ing cool

good for you
  • Options
    All good...no offense taken really. From as long as we have been on the boards we have seen our share of Pj Tribute slamming...grain of salt.
    Jogo was trying to get the video loaded in between plays of the Bears game last night and will try to have it up tonite at our myspace..
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtyfrankatributetopear
    It is really amazing..Dave still kills it.
    House of Blues Anaheim !!! Oct 7th...message for tickets !
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I'll bet that was really neat. Any idea what he is doing now?
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    Big Ed wrote:
    I'll bet that was really neat. Any idea what he is doing now?

http://www.thekingsroyal.com/
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    Oh great.. and I missed it.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    you're right guys....we should be made illegal...and we suck.

I saw you guys at that bar in Santa Barbara after Ed played. I can validate that you A.) Don't Suck. B.) Should not be made illegal C.) Were talented D.) Were a lot of fun and a nice tribute.

Ease up on the hating... these guys have nothing but love.
  • Options
    thanks so much.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    First, it must have been a dream for you guys.

Second, I've never seen nor heard DF but would love to even without Dave.

Lastly, Tribute bands are just what they say they are. If you don't want to hear some one cover your favorite band then don't listen. Lots of Tribute bands are great, others suck. Here in the NW we have The Floydian Slips as well and all the hardcore PF fans I know love to go see these guys.
    #FHP
  • Options
    I've seen Dirty Frank a couple times. They far from suck. In fact, I would say they do what I would have never thought possible -- play PJ's songs without ruining them. All of the members of DF are clearly talented musicians who do an excellent job of covering PJ.

And, they pay tribute to PJ in a way that makes it clear that they are HUGE fans of the band and their songs.

I couldn't make it out to HB last night, but hopefully I can make it to Anaheim in October.

Keep on rocking guys!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    I was there. I didn't recognize him at first, mainly because I was drunk. What a great night of tribute bands though. First a Nirvana, then Soundgarden, and followed by Dirty Frank. Way fun night. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as my friend sends me the pictures from the night.
    Recording Artist Coalition 2002, Irvine 6/2/03, Irvine 6/3/03, San Diego 6/5/03, San Diego 7/7/06, LA 7/9/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/01/09, LA 10/6/09, LA 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Seattle 12/6/13
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    Tribute bands that actually do a good job obviously don't suck. Dirty Frank play in Chicago, there are a lot of people whom would like to watch you guys jam. EvenFlow about 8 years ago was Kick ass, but Beaver and his band have struggled with weed and alcohol and lack of interest in PJ. I have come on this board and slammed Evenflow for the disgrace, but I have recently heard that Beaver has cancer, how long has he known? This might have been a reason for the downhill of this band. I haven't seen Dirty Frank and I would love to check you guys out sometime. I have heard some audio clips and I am impressed.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    I was there. I didn't recognize him at first, mainly because I was drunk. What a great night of tribute bands though. First a Nirvana, then Soundgarden, and followed by Dirty Frank. Way fun night. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as my friend sends me the pictures from the night.
    Flannelpalooza!!!!!!!!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    hey who let the tribute hating assholes in here ...

that most of been great glad for your band don't mind the nitwitts ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....