Options

Dave Krusen joins PJ Tribute Dirty Frank onstage last night

2»

Comments

• Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    For those of you who think coverbands are a bunch of talentless posers i urge you to check this site out http://www.dundurfrettir.blogspot.com/

This is the icelandic band Dundurfrettir wich means Greatnews in english, i know it's a strange name but they are quite good.

They specialize in covering Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin and have blown me a way quite a few times.

If you scroll down a bit you will find a video of them playing Pink Floyd's "Hey You" with the Icelandic Symphonic Orchestra.

Check it out.
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    tribute bands sucks
    agreed
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    DF is an awesome pj tribute band. They came all the way from Cali to Houston Texas to play a show for us a little over a year ago. Prior to the show, the DF boys and I got together at Dave and Busters with a few others and hung out. I had a blast. The Buzz radio station even showed up and it was made into a pretty big event and the show sold out. I still love how we all talked about the Vic theater show, and then mid set DF throws "Black Diamond into the set! DF is great fun and cool people. I know Houston or Texas is not everyone's favorite place, but we'd love to rock out with you guys again in the near future. I can't wait to see the Krusen video- that is AWESOME stuff. Hopefully it will be up soon. Hopefully I'm not overlooking it on the page- I haven't seen it yet.

Kyle
    (red mos)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Ok, so I had an issue getting the drivers to work for the USB to my video camera but everything is all good. I have two different videos and they will both be done by the end of the night.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    bumping this for John finally getting his computer to work!
    Video coming to our myspace right away.

BTW...all Jammers on myspace..of you are not already our friend..send along a friend request!
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtyfrankatributetopear
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Awesome! That's pretty damn cool of him to do that.

I've always wondered if he regret leaving the band before they blew up...
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Well, sumbitch I finally got them both loaded. Ignore Dan's half step higher than the rest of the band guitar work during Black.

Black

And the audio from Alive being what it was. We literally had about five minutes notice we were going to film it.

Alive

Cheers
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    mole1985 wrote:
    Spending your life pretending your someone else? OK for an actor but not in a band. Tribute bands should be made illegal.

how many songs have you played with dave krusen?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    tribute bands sucks

Obviously you have never been to a Dark Star Orchestra show.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Well, sumbitch I finally got them both loaded. Ignore Dan's half step higher than the rest of the band guitar work during Black.

Black

And the audio from Alive being what it was. We literally had about five minutes notice we were going to film it.

Alive

Cheers

that is outstanding you guys!!!

p.s matt looks hott with that mustache ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    bumping...VIDEO IS UP ON YOU TUBE..CLICK ON THE LINKS IN THE ABOVE REPLYS AND CHECK IT OUT!
  • Options
    rhandley wrote:
    Tribute bands that actually do a good job obviously don't suck. Dirty Frank play in Chicago, there are a lot of people whom would like to watch you guys jam. EvenFlow about 8 years ago was Kick ass, but Beaver and his band have struggled with weed and alcohol and lack of interest in PJ. I have come on this board and slammed Evenflow for the disgrace, but I have recently heard that Beaver has cancer, how long has he known? This might have been a reason for the downhill of this band. I haven't seen Dirty Frank and I would love to check you guys out sometime. I have heard some audio clips and I am impressed.

beaver is finally clear and cancer free. yes we went thru some rough times but i can guarantee that most of us in the band have a HUGE interest in PJ! voices going south, battles with the bottle, (weed neverss really was a problem, probly would have helped haha!) but life is good for us now, no band any more, we'll mleave that to the young-uns...
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • Options
    That is so great to hear! Please give Beaver our congrats and well wishes!
    Dirty Frank
  • Options
    tribute bands suck
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    tribute bands suck

we know
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13