Options

What's the most regretted PJ item you've traded/sold?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    TipJammer wrote:
    I tracked down that picture of me after being arrested. Its so sad. I was so small and scrawny. Dumb kid. But still kinda smart back then...still loved PJ.

Check the pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29968037@N02/2804406574/

Ha.

you kinda look like that kid from the jeremy video there....thats hilarious
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    you kinda look like that kid from the jeremy video there....thats hilarious

Yes....I guess I do. So strange to see me at that time in my life. So akward looking.

PJ was my medicine...if I needed to steal for it thats what i did. Halucinogenic Recipe was over 100 bucks even then. That might as well have been $1000 bucks to me at that time.
  • Options
    Not an item, but I remember considering 10c membership a couple of times, once in '94 when I was a senior in high school, and then again a couple years later when I was in college...can't believe that $10 felt like too much money to spend! Imagine what my number would be instead of my current 422xxx...
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    Yes....I guess I do. So strange to see me at that time in my life. So akward looking.

PJ was my medicine...if I needed to steal for it thats what i did. Halucinogenic Recipe was over 100 bucks even then. That might as well have been $1000 bucks to me at that time.

Blackballed from record store! Wonder if they would recognize you if you walked in now?
    you should've just started to sing, "i don't mind, stealing bread..."
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Blackballed from record store! Wonder if they would recognize you if you walked in now?
    you should've just started to sing, "i don't mind, stealing bread..."

I have been in plenty since. Although Im now balled and hansome as HELL...I still worried that someone might recognize me. Silly.

There's no way I couldn't go back into Rasputin's in Berkeley. Too good of a store. I have found...Halucinogenic Recipe there, Singles Box set, and PJ String Quartet. I don't know where they get that stuff from.

Cheers.
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    I have been in plenty since. Although Im now balled and hansome as HELL...I still worried that someone might recognize me. Silly.

There's no way I couldn't go back into Rasputin's in Berkeley. Too good of a store. I have found...Halucinogenic Recipe there, Singles Box set, and PJ String Quartet. I don't know where they get that stuff from.

Cheers.

Hm, Rasputin's you say...possibly coming to SF for a conference this fall, might have to poke my head in there! :)
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    Ohh major regret for me that I remembered recently. In 1994 when I was a freshman in high school, I borrowed my younger brother's Pearl Jam shirt and wore it to school. Some time later, this cool kid in my English class came up to me saying "help, help!" He had a piece of paper with all the songs of Ten written on it in order, but one was missing, and he wanted me to help him think of it. Now being the music-loser that I was, I don't know if I had ever listened to the album all the way through, so I had no idea what was missing. I didn't even play it off like I was trying to remember, I just told him I didn't know.

In retrospect I think he was probably just trying to talk to me, and I totally blew it! I knew him all through high school and we talked in class, but maybe we would have hung out if I had just looked past the MTV hits.

If my approach to music then was the same as it is now, I could have totally gotten into Pearl Jam and gone to see them, not to mention joining the Ten Club back then! I joined in 2000 but lapsed and got a new number this year.

And to give an answer closer to the original question, my brother and I don't know what happened to the old Pearl Jam shirt. It was white with long sleeves and it had a drawing of a pig on it, with the intestines drawn on the outside of the pig, or maybe it was parasites, I can't remember. I can't find any pictures of the shirt by searching. I guess it could have been a bootleg shirt but I'm 90% sure that a mall record store is the only place he could have gotten it. I would totally still wear it but it probably got thrown away.

Melissa
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    Not an item, but I remember considering 10c membership a couple of times, once in '94 when I was a senior in high school, and then again a couple years later when I was in college...can't believe that $10 felt like too much money to spend! Imagine what my number would be instead of my current 422xxx...

i remember sitting on my revolting old brown corduroy lounge looking at the address listed in the copy of ten id rushed out & bought as soon as it came out in australia, and thinking 'nah, bugger posting a cheque all the way to america...'

..... all those front row spots :( :(
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    I gave away my hoodie with the Toronto 06 poster design.
    ...because i'm a dumbass.
  • Options

Ok, add this to my earlier post and you have my top 3 Pearl Jam fuck ups. I thought I was "too cool for school" when it came to fanclubs...even the mighty 10c.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,004
    At my only show I was actually working for a temp service that was contracted to tear down/clean up the arena, by tear down I mean the GA seats and the venues stage after the gear was loaded.Anyway I weaseled my way to a seat saw an awsome show and after as We were cleaning on stage I found 3 picks(rats,gave 2 away) and Ed's little notebook he dropped. Inside was a bunch of cool shit. Title to Tremor Christ, setlist, note to not give Jeff any smoke or let him go to strip club. One line lyric said something to the effect of "Andy said 15 well I've been here an hour" couple doodles.also in dressing room was a 3-4 page letter from some woman from CHI., who didn't have a good opinion about herself (sad) pouring her heart out.

long story little longer , I kept(cherished) this thing for 10-11 years and ended up abandoning it in a crackhouse I was squatting in.have since got clean and sober, and somewhat kick myself for leaving it but more important I have a LIFE today.and I do have the memory of being that close .
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    does having to leave an entire collection behind count?

long story- won't go there... but I was forced to leave NY 8 years ago with nothing but the clothes on my back... had to leave at least 10 tapes of the rarest crap ever (at that time), 5 vinyls (including no code, not for you & more...) my SVT vhs, a good 20 cd's & who knows what else...

I still can't forgive or forget :mad:
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    does having to leave an entire collection behind count?

long story- won't go there... but I was forced to leave NY 8 years ago with nothing but the clothes on my back... had to leave at least 10 tapes of the rarest crap ever (at that time), 5 vinyls (including no code, not for you & more...) my SVT vhs, a good 20 cd's & who knows what else...

I still can't forgive or forget :mad:

And we have a winner...
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    not that i really regret it much, as i was broke and needed the cash more than a night out....

however, i sold a pair of free tickets to the clevenld show on the 98 tour.
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    mickeyrat wrote:
    At my only show I was actually working for a temp service that was contracted to tear down/clean up the arena, by tear down I mean the GA seats and the venues stage after the gear was loaded.Anyway I weaseled my way to a seat saw an awsome show and after as We were cleaning on stage I found 3 picks(rats,gave 2 away) and Ed's little notebook he dropped. Inside was a bunch of cool shit. Title to Tremor Christ, setlist, note to not give Jeff any smoke or let him go to strip club. One line lyric said something to the effect of "Andy said 15 well I've been here an hour" couple doodles.also in dressing room was a 3-4 page letter from some woman from CHI., who didn't have a good opinion about herself (sad) pouring her heart out.

long story little longer , I kept(cherished) this thing for 10-11 years and ended up abandoning it in a crackhouse I was squatting in.have since got clean and sober, and somewhat kick myself for leaving it but more important I have a LIFE today.and I do have the memory of being that close .
    This is incredible. I would freak if I found that notebook. I remember hearing something about a notebook Eddie lost a few years back. Doesn't sound like it was this one though.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,560
    Hm, Rasputin's you say...possibly coming to SF for a conference this fall, might have to poke my head in there! :)

Rasputin's in San Francisco is cool, but Amoeba in San Francisco is mindblowing. Make sure you go there if you get the chance.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    Bump
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I've come to the sad hearbroken realization that somewhere, somehow, someway I've drunkely managed to lend out my 10 Club Christmas singles from the years 1993-2003???

To Whom?? I do not know.
    A better question...Is Why??

"Oh Demon Alcohol
    Sad Memories I cant' recall
    Damit all...Alcohol".
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I've got all you people beat... unfortunately.

About ten years ago I was a senior in HS and my brother was in college. He screwed up his loan app and didnt get it approved, so the college called and said it he didn't pay like $6K by the end of the month they were booting him out.

My parents had no means of getting it so we all pooled together and I sold a good chunk of my collection. Among the things that make me cry like a baby now:

Reeenk Roink CD
    1998 Alpine/Chicago poster
    APCD8 Jeremy CD promo
    SOLAT promo CD
    Black promo CD (the Dutch one)
    Aussie promo interview cassette
    Ten yellow digipack CD
    Alive promo CD WITH front insert

There's more... it was a bad time. What can you do though - let him get booted from college?

Bleh...
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

About ten years ago I was a senior in HS and my brother was in college. He screwed up his loan app and didnt get it approved, so the college called and said it he didn't pay like $6K by the end of the month they were booting him out.

My parents had no means of getting it so we all pooled together and I sold a good chunk of my collection. Among the things that make me cry like a baby now:

Reeenk Roink CD
    APCD8 Jeremy CD promo
    SOLAT promo CD
    Ten yellow digipack CD

There's more... it was a bad time. What can you do though - let him get booted from college?

Bleh...
    I admire that you would make such a huge sacrifice for your own brother- now how freakin' awesome is that folks?!
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

• Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    drsluggo wrote:

Reeenk Roink CD
    APCD8 Jeremy CD promo
    SOLAT promo CD
    Ten yellow digipack CD

Bleh...

Send me your address and I'll send you that Alive promo. Unfortunately it doesn't have the front insert, but it's the only thing on your list that I have 2 of.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Send me your address and I'll send you that Alive promo. Unfortunately it doesn't have the front insert, but it's the only thing on your list that I have 2 of.
    Thanks for the offer - I ddi get the promo again although w/o the front insert... ironically enoguh I bought it for $3 at a record store w/ the insert. I think I sold it for $45? I saw it go a year ago for a ton more, of course that tends to happen with collectible crap, eh? :)

Thanks again thoguh - very cool of you!
  • Options
    traded 03 NO for 03 East Troy. Bad move, but whatever.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I'd say mine has to be my Benaroya vinyl. I bought it off E-bay for about $230.00 right after it came out then I ended up reselling it for about the same price to buy my ex a tiffanys ring. In the end I lost the Vinyl, (most important of course) :) the girlfriend, and the ring. Haha I can't help but laugh at my stupidity now.

ouch, that is a tough one to top!

when i buy pearl jam, it is mine and not for resale :)
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    There hasn't been anything that I've traded or sold, but I do regret not making a copy of a VHS bootleg my friend had from Alpine Valley 1992. It would have been easy and quick to make, but I just never seized the opportunity, and now I'll probably never see her again, so it's gone.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    This is incredible. I would freak if I found that notebook. I remember hearing something about a notebook Eddie lost a few years back. Doesn't sound like it was this one though.

yeah I'd think from time to time about sending it back to him, but you know couldn't bring myself to do it.and i kinda doubt if this was the one you are talking about.the one i had wasn't a notebook per se more like a pocketsized graph book.each page was a tiny grid pattern less than an 1/8 inch square.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yeah I'd think from time to time about sending it back to him, but you know couldn't bring myself to do it.and i kinda doubt if this was the one you are talking about.the one i had wasn't a notebook per se more like a pocketsized graph book.each page was a tiny grid pattern less than an 1/8 inch square.
    I heard (have no clue if it's true) that one of the notebooks he lost, was given back to him....

He sure does lose a lot of crap :D

• Options
    I heard (have no clue if it's true) that one of the notebooks he lost, was given back to him....

He sure does lose a lot of crap :D
    Maybe thats why he carries the suitcase!

• Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    i, like someone eles already said, sold some posters not that long ago that i realized i would never frame and that really didnt have any meaning to me. and after i sld them i realized how ugly they where :P but at least they went to someone eles who would enjoy them more then me. so no regrets there.

a few other things are not joining tc in 91/92 when i first got ten. i asked my mother if she could sign me up and she said maybe for christmas lol. i said ok but forgot about it come christmas and it always just seemed to get put off for one reason or another. i also passed on the benaroya vinyl when they released it. i was thinking, oh ill order it in a few days when i get paid. what a fucking bonehead lol, what was i thinking...
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    PGHmattPGHmatt Posts: 40
    I bought 3- 96' posters from the fan club for I think $14.99 each, Istanbul, Portugal, & Berlin. Gave the Portugal one to girlfriend at the time. (Needless to say I had NO IDEA what they would be worth & the poster craze addiction that it started.) We had a pretty bad break up & she was moving out & I said you are forgetting the PJ poster i bought you & she said no, I don't want it, you keep it. I insisted & a fight ensured so she ripped it off the wall & ripped it in about 1846 pieces...............................OUCH!