Options

PJ Posters up on my wall

TheJUGGERNAUT29TheJUGGERNAUT29 Posts: 160
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I don't have nearly the collection that pjtradeking has... But this is what I got.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s322/Redbetter_Mesquito/P8120557.jpg

And here is a pic of Eddie that I took at Bonnaroo.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s322/Redbetter_Mesquito/P6140386.jpg

Enjoy!
6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
6/19/08 - Camden 1
6/24/08 - MSG 1
8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Great pictures!
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    Very nice! Are they pro framed?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Very nice! Are they pro framed?

No, I did it myself. Its a lot cheaper that way and AC Moore always has coupons up on their website. So, I usually print out the 40% and 50% off coupons so it really brings the price of frames down.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    No, I did it myself. Its a lot cheaper that way and AC Moore always has coupons up on their website. So, I usually print out the 40% and 50% off coupons so it really brings the price of frames down.
    Cool! AC Moore? Is this a craft store like Michaels?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Cool! AC Moore? Is this a craft store like Michaels?

Yeah, but always cheaper and they accept Michael's coupons, which is nice. Michael's usually puts 50% off coupons in the Sunday paper.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    Yeah, but always cheaper and they accept Michael's coupons, which is nice. Michael's usually puts 50% off coupons in the Sunday paper.
    Sweet! :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    great collection !
    I love the posters from the 2008 tour...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    nice
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,574
    Looks good!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    congrats on the prints ... but ....

Does everyone that has a framed piece have to start their own thread?

It's such a "hey, look at me!" kind of thing to do when there is one thread for all the framed stuff going on ....

hoping people stick to that thread .... it's nice to have it in one location for future reference/ideas on framing.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

It's such a "hey, look at me!" kind of thing to do when there is one thread for all the framed stuff going on ....

hoping people stick to that thread .... it's nice to have it in one location for future reference/ideas on framing.
    I usually skip right over that other thread and check out these individual threads. Too many pages of comments to look through on the other one. This one, and ones like it, have the pics in the 1st post- much easier
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    jimed14 wrote:

is it really that big of a deal that he started his own thread?

great pictures by the way!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    I don't have nearly the collection that pjtradeking has... But this is what I got.

And here is a pic of Eddie that I took at Bonnaroo.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s322/Redbetter_Mesquito/P6140386.jpg

Enjoy!

Love it!!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

when you have your posters framed, I think you're proud and you want people to see them and to tell you what they think about the frames.
    in the genral poster thread, there's so much posts/posters that people don't really look anymore. my 2 cents
  • Options
    64c50c5d.jpg
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    looks great, good job on doing it yourself, thats the route I am going to take too. I just scored a 1990 Nirvana-Mudhoney RARE bill card and poster for pretty cheap.
    :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I have that same RVM poster. Its a redo of the original RVM picture. love it.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    64c50c5d.jpg
    kickass frames on those!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    spyguyspyguy Posts: 613

what is the poster on the bottom left?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,272
    spyguy wrote:
    what is the poster on the bottom left?

EV EAST COAST

They rotate that one with the Batman poster
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    It's very cool to see all frames together, but it's imposible to see it on any of this threads.
    So here is the idea that I am thinking for some time now but I can't find a time to do it, maybe in the future.

We need a web site with a list of all PJ posters, the site where everybody can log in the pictures (only one pictures for frame, no walls with multi frames), once you click on the name of the poster you get a pics of all different frame together so you get an idea what you like the best. You don't need to search through all this threads one pics if you need it.

we can call it " Poster in the frame"
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    It's very cool to see all frames together, but it's imposible to see it on any of this threads.
    So here is the idea that I am thinking for some time now but I can't find a time to do it, maybe in the future.

We need a web site with a list of all PJ posters, the site where everybody can log in the pictures (only one pictures for frame, no walls with multi frames), once you click on the name of the poster you get a pics of all different frame together so you get an idea what you like the best. You don't need to search through all this threads one pics if you need it.

thats a cool idea... i dont give a shit about how people frame really since i just use a solid black frame with no matte for mine... but based on the number of frame threads theres definitely a need for a archive like this... not something im capable of but im sure someone could

• Options

That is a good idea. Like most, I usually don't even look in the Framed Poster Thread because there is just so much. Having all of one kind of poster displayed side by side would be cool. It would definitely help you get some ideas when framing your own.

Speaking of ideas. I was thinking about using a red mat on the Camden poster to match the red in it, and a sky blue in the MSG to match the sky. What do you all think?
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    That is a good idea. Like most, I usually don't even look in the Framed Poster Thread because there is just so much. Having all of one kind of poster displayed side by side would be cool. It would definitely help you get some ideas when framing your own.

Speaking of ideas. I was thinking about using a red mat on the Camden poster to match the red in it, and a sky blue in the MSG to match the sky. What do you all think?

If you can get same red and blue colors for mat that would be right thing to do.
    Make sure to put some pisc somewhere ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options

that's a good idea...
    I'm not webmaster but I could try to do something.
    "posterintheframe.com" domain is available...

The website would be something simple but I'll work on it...
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    that's a good idea...

That would be awesome. I don't know the first thing about designing a website or else I would give it a shot.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    that's a good idea...

"posterinaframe.com" would be better i think... we could even rip off the blue and yellow color scheme of the DVD for our site...

Kat? wanna help us get this going? even if we just got a new section here on the forum that could be a start... have several subfolders... "poster in a frame" section > the year of the poster > the city of the poster > and then everyone posts a link to their frame job (or better yet, allow img links like the art section does)

i think that would be easy enough, ya?

• Options
    That is the spirit let's make this happen!!

We want

Poster in a frame!!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236

I think its a great idea but isn't that what people do on expresso beans?? If you click on the pic of individual posters you can see the pix that people have uploaded!

Although I would love to see a PJ only framed poster site ;)
    I need a coffee!