Options

Single Video Theory Night- 10 Year Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    "Is that the sound of the Neutron Bomb?".

PBM
    i've watched SVT a zillion times and i never got that...what noise is he talking about?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    i've watched SVT a zillion times and i never got that...what noise is he talking about?

That was me, sorry about that. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    That was me, sorry about that. ;)
    was it you, or the natty?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    StuffnJunk wrote:

I think he is referring to a point in the song in which Stone comes in with a hammer-on late.

"Suddenly I'm a slave to this thing."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    was it you, or the natty?

White Castle.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I guess I should go buy it...:o
    Or maybe I can piece it together off youtube. :p
    I can put in Immagine and pretend.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I guess I should go buy it...:o

It's pretty cheap...nothing flashy...just a great piece of work.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

PBM
    one of the best things they ever released....their best dvd in my opinion....SVT is to Immagine in Cornice what filet mignon is to baloney
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,918
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    one of the best things they ever released....their best dvd in my opinion....SVT is to Immagine in Cornice what filet mignon is to baloney
    Haha good analogy. Making an album is much more interesting than 5 shows in one country.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I guess I need to go buy it...:o
    Or maybe I can piece it together off youtube. :p
    I can put in Immagine and pretend.
    i fixed it for you :) it's a wonderful dvd, youtube won't do it justice!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Still need to upgrade to the dvd on that one. I remember going into best buy some ten years ago on release date. They advertised a free 17 track Pearl Jam live disc with purchase, but when you got to the store they were unable to distribute it
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    To celebrate the 10th anniversary of SINGLE VIDEO THEORY, we shall watch said video at 830pm central time on Monday, August 4th. Feel free to bring Natty Ice, Natty Light, or just plain ol' Natty to celebrate 10 years of Mark Pellington and PJ greatness!

"What does Pearl Jam mean to you?"
    I will be at the EV NYC show that night. But I will make sure to watch it when I get home.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Options
    I will be at the EV NYC show that night. But I will make sure to watch it when I get home.

Guess you have a choice to make. I don't see him doing FAITHFULL, so you might as well stay home and watch SVT. ;)
  • Options

Sorry YIH...I miscalculated, EV is playing a show that night.

Someone remind that clown at the show that it's the 10th anniversary of SVT and to publicly thank Mark Pellington, Adam Schwartz, Bobby Bukowski and Joe Kessler for their excellent production work on this film.

PBM

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    NewDamage wrote:
    Still need to upgrade to the dvd on that one. I remember going into best buy some ten years ago on release date. They advertised a free 17 track Pearl Jam live disc with purchase, but when you got to the store they were unable to distribute it

Yeah...I remember that

The CD was "Give Way" and was a live disc from Pearl Jam's show in Austrailia from the 1998 South Asian Tour.

Apparently the cd was shipped to Best Buy and was ready to hit the shelves but Sony pulled it at the last minute and had it shipped back.

I eventually was able to get the full concert on a bootleg but I often have wondered if any Best Buy employees were able to snag advance copies of "Give Way" before Sony called it back.
  • Options
    I remember all of that...we didn't have a Best Buy near us, so I went to the local record shop to pick it up.

I got it on VHS, went to work and had to wait until I got home (9pm) to watch it.

Since it was released nearly a month before my first Pearl Jam show...it garnered more anticipation.

PBM

• Options
    Just a reminder to dig out your VHS/DVD's this weekend for the grand gala on Monday.

PBM

• Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    Question: I have the DVD but I think it's generic or something. It doesn't have chapters. it's just one long program. Is that how everyone's copy is?

Please see title of DVD....
  • Options
    Just a reminder to dig out your VHS/DVD's this weekend for the grand gala on Monday.

PBM

They can even go to fanch's favorite DVD site, http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com to pick it up. :)
  • Options
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    is it ok if i drink REAL beer, instead of that canned piss water for broke high school kids you suggest?
    Like a Canadian brew, I suggest Molson Canadian or my new fave Shaftebury 4:20
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options

PBM
    It is THE GREATEST music video EVER made. most bands do a song at a time but Pearl Jam did a Single Video for the entire album, what a theory!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Molson Canadian

If there's not a Blue Moon nearby, I try to seek out Molson. However, my head hurts more the next day with that Canadian Beer.

PBM

• Options
    It is THE GREATEST music video EVER made.

I dig where you're coming from brother.

PBM

• Options
    If there's not a Blue Moon nearby, I try to seek out Molson. However, my head hurts more the next day with that Canadian Beer.

PBM
    That's cuz canadian beer is for real men, lol
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    SVT is one of my all time favorite discs...the music., cinematography ...Ed's piercing blue eyes...the energy....and of course the incredible music.
    Pure art.

Wish they'd tape all their studio work....or well lets say release all their studio work.

'Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference
    I'm not trying to make a difference
    I'll stop trying to make a difference
    No way

I'll put it in the player on Monday....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

PBM

You need to try a Moosehead, my friend.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Hopefully I can get my dvd player working...I have the urge to watch this now!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    They should do it again for the making of the next album, or is that just too lame?
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I still haven't even updated my SVT vhs to a DVD of this yet. I still have vhs players....:p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options

Impatience leads to the Dark Side. Wait until 8/4 and follow the ways of YIELD.