Options

Single Video Theory Night- 10 Year Anniversary!

YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
edited August 2008 in The Porch
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of SINGLE VIDEO THEORY, we shall watch said video at 830pm central time on Monday, August 4th. Feel free to bring Natty Ice, Natty Light, or just plain ol' Natty to celebrate 10 years of Mark Pellington and PJ greatness!

"What does Pearl Jam mean to you?"
No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    "Can you get to an E-bow?"
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    "It's just...the sound."
  • Options
    "Do you know what he's talking about? You need to explain yourself better."
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    "Do you know what he's talking about? You need to explain yourself better."
    oh im sure I do...

I just realized that this is one of the pieces of my collection I haven't replaced since I was robbed last fall. I was able to find the other dvds in stores, but not svt. And my dumb ass only has an amex so buying from t c, not happening.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    "Is that the sound of the Neutron Bomb?".

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    "We started making decisions based on whether we wanted to do stuff....um...which was good...you know it had it's ups and downs in terms of ...you know...ultimately it left us faced with ourselves. Any problems we were having within the band after that point was like...ok, it's not just that stuff...it's us too."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I wish I could remember Mike's exact quote about his one note solo flub.
  • Options
    I wish I could remember Mike's exact quote about his one note solo flub.

During which song...I can cue it up...I'm on the ready today.

PBM

• Options
    Ed: Um... so at the end, someone needs to, do you want to do the...
    Stone: Where do you want it at the end?
    Ed: What's that?
    Stone: Where at the end?
    Ed: Oh, um... coming out of the um... the uh... last verse... uh... the last chorus, the last real chorus .
    Stone: Do you know where that is? Do you know where he wants it?
    Mike: At the end.
  • Options
    During which song...I can cue it up...I'm on the ready today.

PBM

Not sure, I think it's either Wishlist or GTF.
  • Options
    "I know where you're trying to take it so let me do what you need...you know...totally selfless...just to the song and to music. So that's like pure creative process."

PBM

• Options
    Not sure, I think it's either Wishlist or GTF.

This one?

"Man... how could I blow that solo? It's the easiest solo I've ever done. Fuckin' three notes."

PBM

• Options
    This one?

"Man... how could I blow that solo? It's the easiest solo I've ever done. Fuckin' three notes."

PBM

Three notes. Yes, thank you. :)
  • Options
    Three notes. Yes, thank you. :)

That's one of the ones uploaded on IMDB that I didn't contribute. Maybe you did it?

PBM

• Options
    That's one of the ones uploaded on IMDB that I didn't contribute. Maybe you did it?

PBM

Perhaps. That was a long time ago before the dark times. Before the empire.
  • Options
    PissBottleBoy and I had to celebrate SVT day by ourselves last year as a group of FAITHFULLS were off sweating, fainting and listening to live music in Chicago.

PBM

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    "Obviously it's in a car and you're getting the fuck out of a problem, ya know, or a bad situation".
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Ed: Oh, um... coming out of the um... the uh... last verse... uh... the last chorus, the last real chorus .

Stone: Oh yeah, at the end. Sure, I'll be there for you baby.
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    that is the EXACT moment where my copy starts to fuck up. i'm trying to get through it now, it just stops for some reason and its PISSING ME OFF AS WE SPEAK GOD DAMMIT STOP DOING THAT AND PLAY THE GOD DAMN DVD!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    PissBottleBoy and I had to celebrate SVT day by ourselves last year as a group of FAITHFULLS were off sweating, fainting and listening to live music in Chicago.

PBM

I faintly remember such an occurrance. ;)
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    "The band means a lot to a lot of people.........but what does Pearl Jam mean to you?"

Question: I have the DVD but I think it's generic or something. It doesn't have chapters. it's just one long program. Is that how everyone's copy is?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    "The band means a lot to a lot of people.........but what does Pearl Jam mean to you?"

Question: I have the DVD but I think it's generic or something. It doesn't have chapters. it's just one long program. Is that how everyone's copy is?

That's how mine is, but I think mine is messed up, too. It's only 45 minutes...where the hell is the rest?
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    That's how mine is, but I think mine is messed up, too. It's only 45 minutes...where the hell is the rest?

The whole thing is actually only 45 minutes long.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    Love how Stone was on the defense about not being able to play an e-bow, coming out of a finger baby bar.

Ed "You may want to give an e-bow a try on that"
    Stone "It's that sound, I can't get to an e-bow"
    and you all may know that rest...

Stone, what's a finger baby bar anyway?
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    larmen42 wrote:
    Stone, what's a finger baby bar anyway?

He can't get to an eBow coming out of a finger picking part. ;)

PBM

• Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    To celebrate the 10th anniversary of SINGLE VIDEO THEORY, we shall watch said video at 830pm central time on Monday, August 4th. Feel free to bring Natty Ice, Natty Light, or just plain ol' Natty to celebrate 10 years of Mark Pellington and PJ greatness!

awesome!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    danny wrote:
    awesome!!!!!!!!!

That's the kind of old-school enthusiasm I miss.

PBM

• Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896

is it ok if i drink REAL beer, instead of that canned piss water for broke high school kids you suggest?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    is it ok if i drink REAL beer, instead of that canned piss water for broke high school kids you suggest?

What is all this insolence?

PBM

• Options
    StuffnJunk wrote:

Haha...I said feel free to bring it. It's definitely not a requirement.