Options

Single Video Theory Night- 10 Year Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    They should do it again for the making of the next album, or is that just too lame?

Relevant question...my personal opinion...it's hard to capture something of that magnitude again.

We weren't expecting it...YIELD turned out to be their best to date (again, I'm biased) and everything just came together.

While I've enjoyed the other DVD's, there's an intimacy on SVT that is lacking in the other releases (although "Imagine in Cornice" definitely open a door for fans to peak through).

I would rather have them evolve and create something new that, not only challenges me, but excites me.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Well I might have to watch during the day now. Forgot I had plans to go see The Dark Knight. :(
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I guess we're not seeing batman as of now. I'm in...tentatively. :)
  • Options
    I wore out my VHS copy years ago, oh no!!

I'll have to re-buy on DVD :D
  • Options
    I'm still in...during the move to the new house, my copy was misplaced. So, either I'll do a die-hard search when I get home or just follow along online. I'm pretty sure I know most of it by now. ;)

A big happy 10th anniversary to SVT!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I'm still in...during the move to the new house, my copy was misplaced. So, either I'll do a die-hard search when I get home or just follow along online. I'm pretty sure I know most of it by now. ;)

A big happy 10th anniversary to SVT!

PBM

Maybe we can convince the guy at PearlJamLive.com to upload it for streaming. :) I don't even know if that site is still going or not though.
  • Options
    Maybe we can convince the guy at PearlJamLive.com to upload it for streaming. :) I don't even know if that site is still going or not though.

I remember having it out and thinking to myself, "If you don't put this back in it's proper case, you're going to lose it."

It's in a box somewhere. Between dinner and giving PBB a bath tonight, it's doubtful that it will pop up.

I will listen via iPod. It's a festivus for the rest of us.

PBM

• Options
    I remember having it out and thinking to myself, "If you don't put this back in it's proper case, you're going to lose it."

It's in a box somewhere. Between dinner and giving PBB a bath tonight, it's doubtful that it will pop up.

I will listen via iPod. It's a festivus for the rest of us.

PBM

Maybe you put it in with "Dances With Wolves." ;)
  • Options
    Bump for Yield....Bump for SVT.....Bump for how good that album is....
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • Options
    What's this in my fridge? 5 Blue Moons? How appropriate.

:D

PBM

• Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    what time does the festivities start?
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    what time does the festivities start?
    830pm central time
  • Options
    What's this in my fridge? 5 Blue Moons? How appropriate.

:D

PBM

Wouldn't TEN be more appropriate since it's been ten years?
  • Options
    Wouldn't TEN be more appropriate since it's been ten years?

We're on a budget...I can compromise with 5 Moons and 5 Michelob Ultras. :)

PBM

• Options
    We're on a budget...I can compromise with 5 Moons and 5 Michelob Ultras. :)

PBM

I'll be rockin' the Bud Select, because that's what's in my fridge.
  • Options
    I'll be rockin' the Bud Select, because that's what's in my fridge.

That's usually how it goes for nights like this...whatever is in the fridge. ;)

PBM

• Options
    That's usually how it goes for nights like this...whatever is in the fridge. ;)

PBM

YIELD Night is a different story, however.
  • Options
    They should do it again for the making of the next album, or is that just too lame?

I would definitely prefer it over something like Immagine. I'm just not sure any behind the scenes stuff would grab me as much as SVT did. I think its because it was so unexpected and Yield was so well-done. PJ was such an enigmatic band in the 90s, that any little nugget of information they gave about themselves seemed like a huge event to me. Not to mention, the video completely compliments the music. Its such a comforting thing to watch.

PJ (Ed especially) doesn't seem to be nearly as mysterious as they were. The band seems to be in a much better place, which is great, but I do kinda miss the whole mystique they used to have.
  • Options
    8:30 CDT

Found my DVD copy...I'm ready to go.

PBM

• Options
    Just told our friends why I have to leave. Humiliation me. Copywrite grace6697
  • Options
    Just told our friends why I have to leave. Humiliation me. Copywrite grace6697

Glad to have you aboard. I had to tell PBW and the mother-in-law. Double humiliation.

PBM

• Options
    You're not using that damn iPhone are you? ;)

PBM

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    wow, I haven't watched this since...well since well before I tossed out my VCR (yes, my copy is on VHS!)
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    wow, I haven't watched this since...well since well before I tossed out my VCR (yes, my copy is on VHS!)

I found my original VHS copy while searching for my DVD. I contemplated hooking up the VCR, but deemed that it would take too much effort.

PBM

• Options
    ejny wrote:
    I would definitely prefer it over something like Immagine. I'm just not sure any behind the scenes stuff would grab me as much as SVT did. I think its because it was so unexpected and Yield was so well-done. PJ was such an enigmatic band in the 90s, that any little nugget of information they gave about themselves seemed like a huge event to me. Not to mention, the video completely compliments the music. Its such a comforting thing to watch.

PJ (Ed especially) doesn't seem to be nearly as mysterious as they were. The band seems to be in a much better place, which is great, but I do kinda miss the whole mystique they used to have.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. back then you RARELY saw/heard anything from the band, especially ed, and then when you did he'd get all cryptic and shit! To see insight into their recording process was just insane.
  • Options
    I found my original VHS copy while searching for my DVD. I contemplated hooking up the VCR, but deemed that it would take too much effort.

PBM

I don't even think my TV CAN hook up to a vcr...

I remember watching this in my dorm room when I had the most horrible case of the flu in recorded history. I feel really old.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    I don't even think my TV CAN hook up to a vcr...

Evolution baby.

PBM

• Options
    Off and running.

PBM

• Options
    If I keep my attention on this whole thing.....
  • Options
    R.I.P. Sonics. :(