Options

Have you met any PJ member, if so how?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    I met Dave A the other day and the son of a bitch forgot to put my fries in the bag!
  • Options
    Ed one time...

Back in like 2001, when I was working at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA, Jack Mcdowell's band was playing, and my manager told me Ed was going to be coming in that night to check it out. He knew I was a huge fan. Anyway, the show came and went and no Ed, so I was outside checking ID's/taking tix for a dance club we had that night after the show, when I get a call on my radio from my manager that he needs to see me on the side of the venue. Low and behold I come around the corner and there's my manager, the Downtown Disney property manager, and Ed and his chick. So we all get introduced to one another, and my manager tells Ed, "Brent will take you backstage now", and off we went. Not a long walk to where we were going, but told him I was a fan of their music, and if there was anything else he needed to let me know. Well, an hour so later, I'm out dealing with some other people, when I hear "Brent....hey Brent". I look up and its Ed askin' me to come over. Apparently he was promised some tickets into Disneyland and needed to get ahold of the manager. So I got her for him, he thanked me and that was it. So I thought. A month or so later I'm in Vegas for a bachelor party, and I have like 3 messages on my cell from my manger telling me I really needed to call him. Each one a little more urgent. Well I finally talk to him, and he tells me that Ed had a letter and some gear sent to the HOB for me. Basically just thanking me personally (and like 2 others) for the good time he had during his visit. It was pretty cool :D
  • Options
    TombourineTombourine Posts: 139
    I bumped into Boom in Topshop in London the day after the gig at Wembley last year. He was very nice. Very...Boomish.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    What kind of Gear LoveboatCptn.?
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i met him on that same day

we were probably down the block from each other

(but i had a camera) ;)

Did he have a couple small shopping bags in his hand?

Lets see the pic. :)

And after we finished chatting with him we thought we saw Eddie Murphy also. lol
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    scb wrote:
    I've got to ask: How in the hell did you speak to Eddie on the phone?!

Maybe it was like the dream I had recently where he was singing at a wedding I was attending and when I saw him before the wedding he said, "I don't have time to talk now, but if you'll give me your number I'll call you tomorrow." Is that how it went down? :D

he did give out his number on the radio.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    I wanna hear everyones stories on how they met any of them.
    I personally never did so I want to know what theyre like or you can always share any tips on how to meet 'em ;)

I met Stone in Margaret River, Australia at Settler's Tavern in January 2003. I was on break from graduate school and my then fiancee (now wife) lives 20 minutes from that beautiful surfing paradise. BRAD was touring and I was lucky to be out there and see a BRAD show with maybe 50 people in the room. He asked me about good places to surf and we talked a bit about the area. Pretty fucking cool experience. Stone was a really nice guy and I have a picture with him I can share with you all if you want to see it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    I met Stone in Margaret River, Australia at Settler's Tavern in January 2003. I was on break from graduate school and my then fiancee (now wife) lives 20 minutes from that beautiful surfing paradise. BRAD was touring and I was lucky to be out there and see a BRAD show with maybe 50 people in the room. He asked me about good places to surf and we talked a bit about the area. Pretty fucking cool experience. Stone was a really nice guy and I have a picture with him I can share with you all if you want to see it.
    Ooooo I would like to see it, and does Stone surf? I know he subadives and has to be a strong swimmer.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    stoneg wrote:
    I met Stone's wife in Tampa in June. Does that count? She was super nice.

I want to meet stone's wife...I heard she's in my line of business...I want to meet anyone who could potentially get me a job...
  • Options
    What kind of Gear LoveboatCptn.?
    not gear as in instruments or anything. but a live show poster, some socks, a t-shirt, stickers, and a journal. just thought it was cool that he went out of his way tomake sure this got to me along with the thank you letter
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i met stone outside a tragically hip show

i met stone again at a Neil Young show

i met Mike in central park in NY before night I this year.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    I met Dave A the other day and the son of a bitch forgot to put my fries in the bag!

LOL! A friend of mine actually did meet him at a coffeehouse in Texas I think, in like '96 or '97
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    Ed one time...

Back in like 2001, when I was working at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA, Jack Mcdowell's band was playing, and my manager told me Ed was going to be coming in that night to check it out. He knew I was a huge fan. Anyway, the show came and went and no Ed, so I was outside checking ID's/taking tix for a dance club we had that night after the show, when I get a call on my radio from my manager that he needs to see me on the side of the venue. Low and behold I come around the corner and there's my manager, the Downtown Disney property manager, and Ed and his chick. So we all get introduced to one another, and my manager tells Ed, "Brent will take you backstage now", and off we went. Not a long walk to where we were going, but told him I was a fan of their music, and if there was anything else he needed to let me know. Well, an hour so later, I'm out dealing with some other people, when I hear "Brent....hey Brent". I look up and its Ed askin' me to come over. Apparently he was promised some tickets into Disneyland and needed to get ahold of the manager. So I got her for him, he thanked me and that was it. So I thought. A month or so later I'm in Vegas for a bachelor party, and I have like 3 messages on my cell from my manger telling me I really needed to call him. Each one a little more urgent. Well I finally talk to him, and he tells me that Ed had a letter and some gear sent to the HOB for me. Basically just thanking me personally (and like 2 others) for the good time he had during his visit. It was pretty cool :D

Great story. It just makes it so much nicer when you know that you're a fan of a bunch of good guys who don't treat their fans like a**holes.

And that little extra "thank you" to you is awesome!!!! You must have felt great!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    yahamita wrote:
    Funny you would ask that question...he had to keep walking by us to get to whereever he needed to go. He stopped by the cabana, our friend Trey had the original Rock Candy sign, so he stopped by to talk and autograph the sign. I aked him first if it was ok I took his picture, he said NO...so as soon as he walked away, I got a few shots of him...but none with the towel. It was the last night at the Gorge, he was running late. The folks came to grab him to take him to the stage, they pounded on the door, he didn't answer at first, but finally he opened the door to tell them he was running late, he was in a towel!!!!

What a great story, and the towel! I think it's funny that you asked him if you could take a pic, what a riot!
  • Options
    not gear as in instruments or anything. but a live show poster, some socks, a t-shirt, stickers, and a journal. just thought it was cool that he went out of his way tomake sure this got to me along with the thank you letter

Oh, ok it still would of been amazing if he gave you some music gear.
  • Options
    Great story. It just makes it so much nicer when you know that you're a fan of a bunch of good guys who don't treat their fans like a**holes.

And that little extra "thank you" to you is awesome!!!! You must have felt great!
    really was great. of all the stars that rolled through that place, he was the only one that had any impact on me. meeting Billy Idol was cool, just cause it was Billy Idol...lol