Options

So guys - Seriously how long do you think we have got with the Band?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    id say another 4 - 5 albums... so whats that? like 15 - 20 years? i would be content with that... i just watched the who rock honors again and i DO NOT wanna see eds voice get to that state... and i certainly dont wanna see them continue on if any of them pass away (a long way off) nor do i think they would... even should they split though im sure they will all continue to release music in some form and as long as they do i will be very happy :D

just such a shame that im half their age... so there will be a time in my life where i will have to live without PJ :(
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    Watch, these boys will retire just to fuck with us and just suddenly come out with a new album, or a reunion tour..."Back for more Jam" okay that was corny.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Rush has been in existence for over 40 years, 34 with the current lineup, and their current tour is the best they've ever sounded. They are still making great new material, too. Granted, there are only three members so it might be easier to stay together, but at least there is one example.

I would mention the Stones, but IMHO they have been sleepwalking for about 15 years.

Agreed. Rush is easily the most impressive band for longevity. They have been touring/ producing albums at a solid level for 30 years. They are in their 60s and still go strong.

I think PJ will remain touring for ATLEAST 5 more years. Maybe take a break by then and go back. PJ seems to become better and certainly more energetic each tour. Plus they are writing a new album now. Im not worried about their end.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Here's a great idea.....let's all post about our bands future demise. Being in one's 40's doesn't mean both feet in the grave. Holy shit - this thread depresses me. Bump for those that want to continue to contribute. I personally say Fuck THIS!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    Fitz wrote:
    especially considering all of you in the US have had some obvious wonderful recent moments with the Tour...

Pfft, I wish...
  • Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    That should give you an idea. Is there an option to extend?

We'll see how long Clive Davis wants to keep our boys around.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    I'll be there

(god willing)
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Speeddiva8 wrote:
    That should give you an idea. Is there an option to extend?

We'll see how long Clive Davis wants to keep our boys around.

I honestly don't think this has anything to do with anything. There will always be ways for Pearl Jam to make and disseminate records. And you don't need a record company to tour.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    man i dont want to think about pearl jam being done. we just need to enjoy the time we have. people need to stop talkin about pj quittin they still have a good many years left
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    why do people even worry about their break up?! they've only been around 15 years!! they have at least 15 more years in them! they're still relatively young! come on!
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    with them being influenced by the who, the stones, and all those bands .. plus just the way the band is and especially eddie .. we have yeaaaaars yet. this doesn't even need to be discussed.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    it seems they are down falling (to me anyway, especially ED)... the next album will tell us.

they did kick ass at vh1 though
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    stickboy wrote:
    this bands not going anywhere for a while.

we're all gonna grow old together
    What a comforting thought, you know? That's nice. I agree with you. :)
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    not4u wrote:
    it seems they are down falling (to me anyway, especially ED)... the next album will tell us.

Didn't catch any shows on this tour, huh?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    aNiMaL wrote:
    What a comforting thought, you know? That's nice. I agree with you. :)
    its getting easier to see that more and more with every show, every tour. I dont think the BAND itself ever wants it to end, when u see how much fun they have with us on stage.

Its like sayin.."when are 5 brothers gonna stop being a family?" its just not something we should be thinking about....'s all bout the Present Tense anyways
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,263
    quasi wrote:
    In the year 2028, Eddie will be Roger Daltry's current age of 64 (which is only 20 years from now). Can you picture it? Right now, I'm sure there's some 7 year old kid out there that we have never heard of that will go on to start an amazing band that admires Pearl Jam like Eddie does the Who and will honor them by playing PJ covers.

I think Pearl Jam and U2 are two bands that will always stick together and be around for as long as they can make music. If a band has made it 15 plus years, they're usually (usually) in it for the long haul. There will be little bumps in the road with long, sabbaticals, but I think they will be an entity for as along as most of them are around. For certain bands though, I can't imagine replacing them (like if Adam or Larry moved on from U2). I think U2 have stated that if any of the 4 of them leave, the band is done.

Well, I was surprised to learn this morning that one of my nine-year-old's buddies is green with envy because I took my son to Mansfield 1. The kid is a big Who fan, too, so yeah, who knows what will happen.

In response to your second paragraph: I love U2, have been listening to them since "War" was released. I think Bono's voice is not aging nearly as well as Eddie's -- or Daltrey's, for that matter -- and that will be the single biggest factor limiting U2's longevity.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    stickboy wrote:
    its getting easier to see that more and more with every show, every tour. I dont think the BAND itself ever wants it to end, when u see how much fun they have with us on stage.

Its like sayin.."when are 5 brothers gonna stop being a family?" its just not something we should be thinking about....'s all bout the Present Tense anyways

well put, I totally agree :)

You can't stop the FLOW' ;):D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Probably a stupid theory but..

9 studio albums

Will they stop at 10?

Not to say that they will call it quits touring. Hope their still rocking in their 70's.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    They will be like The Rolling Stones

without the cocktail waitress / falling out of trees / less lights at shows
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Pearl Jam's gonna be around a long time, I'm not worried about the band ending anytime soon.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    Today Is All That Matters
    Speaking as a child of the 90's