Options

Leetch speech by Ed @ MSG?

stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
edited June 2008 in The Porch
he's dedicated a song to Chelios and seeing that Ed was invited to Leetch's Jersey retirement nite but didn't attend (likely due to ITW priorities) what song would he dedicate to him?
And you KNOW Brians gonna be in the building for at least 1 nite if not both, so, shit Eds brought Kerry Wood out on stage...bring out Brian this time! In 03 he points up to the rafters at the banners during evenflow and changes the lyrics to Halls of Fame instead so lets see what happens this time:D
Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    asgood as leetch was with his stick
    im guessing he's not as good with a guitar,....

song?
    maybe man of the hour
    or
    possibly big wave, since supposedly they surfed together out in CA ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    asgood as leetch was with his stick
    im guessing he's not as good with a guitar,....

song?
    maybe man of the hour
    or
    possibly big wave, since supposedly they surfed together out in CA ?
    they did?? I had no idea! it was very surprising to me to read in our daily news the day after Bri's nite that ed was a huge fan and was supposed to have been there...that would have been pure insanity..so thats why I kinda hope ed pays at least a lil somethin of a tibute to our boy!

I was gonna say guaranteed, but maybe he dedicates that to "No.11" and points up to the rafters in the pre-set :D
  • Options
    The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    stickboy wrote:
    he's dedicated a song to Chelios

When did that happen??
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    When did that happen??
    oh man..I forgot what show that was maybe someone can help here?
    I know Cheli was front row at lolla too people were tellin me
  • Options
    When did that happen??

Detroit '06.... Dedicated "come back" to him, it was right around the time Chelios announced he was coming back for another season.
  • Options
    Detroit '06.... Dedicated "come back" to him, it was right around the time Chelios announced he was coming back for another season.
    yep! thank you ;)
  • Options
    The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255

Awesome, Thanks!

Gonna listen to that right now.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    I was at Leetch Night Jan 24th.. amazing night.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    I was at Leetch Night Jan 24th.. amazing night.

ive been to leetch, messier and richter nights.
    :)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ive been to leetch, messier and richter nights.
    :)

AND NEXT YEAR GRAVEY :)
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    stickboy wrote:
    what song would he dedicate to him?

Nothingman...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    AND NEXT YEAR GRAVEY :)
    missed out on the other 3 :( lets see if i can get in for that 1...the energy n love that nite is gonna be like never b4...maybe on a Eddie Giacomin level when he came back that nite as a Wing.

what about Darius Kasper...think he might be in attendance?
  • Options
    They are seriously gonna retire Adam Graves jersey??? I guess when you win 1 Stanley Cup in 68 years you can't be too picky, right?
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    Jesika537 wrote:
    They are seriously gonna retire Adam Graves jersey??? I guess when you win 1 Stanley Cup in 68 years you can't be too picky, right?

on behalf on all us ranger fans, you can kiss our ass!
  • Options
    on behalf on all us ranger fans, you can kiss our ass!

Go Wings...
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    retiring Gravy's number has nothing to do with numbers, stats or winning a cup or anything like that you can rest assured. It has more to do with the heart he displayed and the connection the man made with this city...prolly moreso than ANY other athlete to play any sport here in NY.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    retiring Gravy's number has nothing to do with numbers, stats or winning a cup or anything like that you can rest assured. It has more to do with the heart he displayed and the connection the man made with this city...prolly moreso than ANY other athlete to play any sport here in NY.

I guess when you don't win much you have to look for those sort of things in a player... That would be like the Wings retiring Kris Draper's number... Except Draper has 4 rings.
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I guess when you don't win much you have to look for those sort of things in a player... That would be like the Wings retiring Kris Draper's number... Except Draper has 4 rings.
    wow. ok. u won the cup congrats..whatever :rolleyes:

and for the record I happen to like many of the Wings players...and u dont think Draper should have his no. retired?? He's been a Selke candidate how many times?
  • Options
    youd think a fan of a fellow original 6 team would win with a little more grace & dignity, ,

but whatever.

I just wanted to point out that Next( well pretty much now this upcoming ) Season ,..... Andy Bathgates # 9 , as well as Harry Howells # 3 will both hang from the big round cieling as well, before the grand finale of Graves' # 9 Ceremony on its own dedicated night..

This has also bee discussed at greater length in theBroadway Blueshirts thread.

sorry for hijacking the Thread and going off on a tangent-

back on track

the bigger question is did they - or have they - really keep/kept in touch as close friends both being very very busy in their respective lives.
    both raising families and seeing to that.

hopefully ed will shed some kind of light on the msg shows :confused:

how can he miss that big # 2 with the name LEETCH on it ? :confused:

brian= betterman?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    and u dont think Draper should have his no. retired?? He's been a Selke candidate how many times?

Yzerman, Howe, Sawchuck, Abel, Lindsay, Delvecchio, and Draper??? Just doesn't fit. I love Draper but he doesn't deserve to have his number retired. I guess I just feel like you should have to be a Hall of Fame player to have your number in the rafters.... And by the way, We won the Cup... AGAIN.
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Yzerman, Howe, Sawchuck, Abel, Lindsay, Delvecchio, and Draper??? Just doesn't fit. I love Draper but he doesn't deserve to have his number retired. I guess I just feel like you should have to be a Hall of Fame player to have your number in the rafters.... And by the way, We won the Cup... AGAIN.
    well he might not fit in statistic wise but for me as a hockey fan I see Draper as the heart and soul of that team since the mid 90's and he's STILL gonna be a factor in either the Wings or whoever if he ends up somewhere else for another 6-7 yrs. The guys intangibles are incredible. And who knows at the end of his career you dont think he's hall of fame caliber?? I dunno...

bathy..Im gonna be rockin a Leetch nite hat from Modells so if Im close to the stage I might give it a toss..unfortunately I dont have a Leetch jersey but I will prolly be rockin a no 10...mr Manning baby! :)

oh yea and again..congrats...still think it shoulda been the Rangers in the Finals, even if we lost to ya..oh well :/
  • Options
    Off he Goes was the first song to pop into my head when i thought of Brian leetch. Not saying it's a perfect fit, just kinda popped into my head without giving it any thought
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Brian Leetch is the man. Gravesey should get his # up there with mess ric and leetch. Congrats Wings fans on the cup. Keep it safe till you pass it to New York next year. Go Rangers!!!
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:

if u had any idea the amount of time and energy he puts into the charity work u would understand

he is the face of the rangers when it comes to that and an msg favorite

so beat it troll
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    if u had any idea the amount of time and energy he puts into the charity work u would understand

so beat it troll

I never said he wasn't a great person... And I actually always liked him as a player. I just don't think his playing career warrants his jersey being retired... And don't take your frustrations of being a Ranger fan out on me... It's not my fault they suck.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

so beat it troll
    lmao! "so beat it troll" hahahaha
    gotta love us diehard Gravy fans...we stand by our boy the same way he stood by almost every rangers side and ran to fight for them for so many yrs
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I never said he wasn't a great person... And I actually always liked him as a player. I just don't think his playing career warrants his jersey being retired... And don't take your frustrations of being a Ranger fan out on me... It's not my fault they suck.
    Gravy was actually drafted by the wings and has 2 rings...the other with Edm. But again like I said ear;ier and what J's trying to point out is that this nite will be his number and the connection with the city..what it symbolizes..not about hs career or stats

anyways, if we dont shoot ourslves in the foot we should be gunnin for u guys next yr! :p
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    Gravy was actually drafted by the wings and has 2 rings...the other with Edm. But again like I said ear;ier and what J's trying to point out is that this nite will be his number and the connection with the city..what it symbolizes..not about hs career or stats

anyways, if we dont shoot ourslves in the foot we should be gunnin for u guys next yr! :p

You don't need to tell me that he was drafted by the Wings... I was irate when they traded him and a few others for Jimmy Carson. Horrible trade... And I never said he only had one ring. I am just saying they could have a night to honor him without retiring his jersey... And I would love to see you guys in an Original 6 Stanley Cup... Actually, I'd rather see anyone other than Crosby and his band of losers.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

WHO IS THIS DUDE? lol

its not worth it
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    You don't need to tell me that he was drafted by the Wings... I was irate when they traded him and a few others for Jimmy Carson. Horrible trade... And I never said he only had one ring. I am just saying they could have a night to honor him without retiring his jersey... And I would love to see you guys in an Original 6 Stanley Cup... Actually, I'd rather see anyone other than Crosby and his band of losers.
    there we go...see? I knew we could agree and get along on something..."Crosby and his band of losers" :D

anyways yea that trade was a bust and a half...Carson was supposed to be the shit :rolleyes: , and it's funny cause Carson was actually Greek changed his last name from Kyriazopoulos, so when the wings came to town him cheli and I had this Greek connection goin on, lol so thats why I kinda like your team..not to mention the amazing talent you guys seem to find every yr desppite finishing 1st...its an incredible scouting system u guys have..cant ever take that away from ya. From the days of drafting Lidstgrom, Fedorov, Holmstrom, Draper, etc,..till today..it hasn't stopped(Datsyuk, Franzen, Zett, Hudler...I mean come ON!)! lol