Options

Leetch speech by Ed @ MSG?

Comments

• Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    Yeah... We are pretty fortunate to have such a great organization... But we also have the Lions.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Yeah... We are pretty fortunate to have such a great organization... But we also have the Lions.
    true...sorry bout that :p
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I never said he wasn't a great person... And I actually always liked him as a player. I just don't think his playing career warrants his jersey being retired... And don't take your frustrations of being a Ranger fan out on me... It's not my fault they suck.

Excellent points made about the Rangers in this thread. One cup in 68 years isn't bad.....if you look at it from a Cubs fans perspective.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    its the nhl, folks.

no team " sucks " .

half the guys are playing against one of their old teams.

people that say they suck or this team sucks is just showcasing their ignorance.

Oh and with all due respect to previous posters in this thread-
    if you think good points have been brought up by NYR fans here, you should read what goes on here ! !

Now, back to trhe subject at hand, Im thinking about Ed and Leetchie.
    Wondering if :

a ) Brian will be in the house

b ) What song might ed select to talk about and pay respects to Brian ( even if late and he didnt attend his ceremony )

Better Man ?
    Big Wave ( they used to surf together out in cali ) ?
    Faithful ( appropriate for Bri ) ?
    Garden ( self explanatory )?
    Given To Fly ?
    Hail Hail ?
    I Am A Patriot ?
    Love Boat Captain ? (no- not messier-- give it another try for Brian, , Ed ? )
    Man Of The Hour ?
    Not For You
    Parting Ways ?
    You Are ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    stickboy wrote:
    there we go...see? I knew we could agree and get along on something..."Crosby and his band of losers" :D

anyways yea that trade was a bust and a half...Carson was supposed to be the shit :rolleyes: , and it's funny cause Carson was actually Greek changed his last name from Kyriazopoulos, so when the wings came to town him cheli and I had this Greek connection goin on, lol so thats why I kinda like your team..not to mention the amazing talent you guys seem to find every yr desppite finishing 1st...its an incredible scouting system u guys have..cant ever take that away from ya. From the days of drafting Lidstgrom, Fedorov, Holmstrom, Draper, etc,..till today..it hasn't stopped(Datsyuk, Franzen, Zett, Hudler...I mean come ON!)! lol

Actually Draper was picked up for one Canadian Dollar from the Winnipeg Jets! True story, what a steal! That man can win some serious faceoffs among other things.
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its the nhl, folks.

no team " sucks " .

half the guys are playing against one of their old teams.

people that say they suck or this team sucks is just showcasing their ignorance.

Oh and with all due respect to previous posters in this thread-
    if you think good points have been brought up by NYR fans here, you should read what goes on here ! !

Now, back to trhe subject at hand, Im thinking about Ed and Leetchie.
    Wondering if :

a ) Brian will be in the house

b ) What song might ed select to talk about and pay respects to Brian ( even if late and he didnt attend his ceremony )

Better Man ?
    Given To Fly ?
    Hail Hail ?
    I Am A Patriot ?
    Man Of The Hour ?
    Not For You
    Parting Ways ?
    You Are ?
    man it'd be cool to run into Brian...just to kick it with him and talk about how in the early 90's we used to wait for his autograph outside the parking lot and he's come out with Richter, Amonte, Weight and a few others blasting the Ten album in their cars

its gonna be a Ranger theme night Bathy..lets go! Guaranteed as a preset dedicated to.."the Captain" thats all ed should say and the during the set "this ones dedicated to another great Ranger" Point to no 2 in the ceiling and jump into whatever song they decide
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I heard that Ed's 4 song preset to MSG 1 will be dedicated to Ray Ferraro.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    I heard that Ed's 4 song preset to MSG 1 will be dedicated to Ray Ferraro.
    word is John Buccigross will join him on stage for one of those songs :D Thyere gonna do the Chicken Parm song
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    word is John Buccigross will join him on stage for one of those songs :D Thyere gonna do the Chicken Parm song

and special appearance by the mullet himself Brian Engblom....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    and special appearance by the mullet himself Brian Engblom....

Who will then proceed to kick the shit out of Ron Dugay and steal his woman.
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    Who will then proceed to kick the shit out of Ron Dugay and steal his woman.
    lmao! You see what happened to Yashin for stealing Carol alt?? The hockey gods made him suck and took the Islanders down with him! :D
    Brian Engblom can jam out with Stone and mulletbang during RITFW!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    lmao! You see what happened to Yashin for stealing Carol alt?? The hockey gods made him suck and took the Islanders down with him! :D
    Brian Engblom can jam out with Stone and mulletbang during RITFW!

Hahaha. I remember the first time that I saw Yashin play live (which just happened to be in Thunder Bay VS the Caps), I thought "that guy is going to ruin the career of many a GM".
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    Hahaha. I remember the first time that I saw Yashin play live (which just happened to be in Thunder Bay VS the Caps), I thought "that guy is going to ruin the career of many a GM".
    and sure enough he did, lol
    speaking of Yashin:

That includes calls from Alexei Yashin's agent, Mark Gandler. The New York Islanders famously bought out Yashin's contract a year ago and Snow didn't sound enthused about his possible return to the Island.

"As a general manager, you talk to all agents of players who are unrestricted free agents," Snow said. "Alexei is a great person and a great player and we wish him the best."

from the NYPost
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    stickboy wrote:
    retiring Gravy's number has nothing to do with numbers, stats or winning a cup or anything like that you can rest assured. It has more to do with the heart he displayed and the connection the man made with this city...prolly moreso than ANY other athlete to play any sport here in NY.

Please... the most beloved athlete in NYC over the last 20 years is Don Mattingly.

Hands down... no contest.

Graves wouldn't make the top 20 list.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    Please... the most beloved athlete in NYC over the last 20 years is Don Mattingly.

ok

Im as big a Mattingly fan as it gets and I dont know about that cause for me Hit Man and Gravy are top 5 hands down

but I am curious tho ..not even top 20?? thats kinda bold cause who over the last 20 yrs has had an impact and a connection with the city like Adam did and Im also talking performance on the ice, heart and the one player to always stand up for his team, charity work and contributions to NYC

maybe Jeter? I cant say Ewing..cant think of any Giants players....
  • Options
    if brian leetch is in attendance and gets announced by ed, i will boo. i'm a devils fan.
  • Options
    You give people too much credit for having any knowledge of hockey in NYC... hockey is way down the ladder in terms of interest in the New York area.

Ranger fans are dedicated and passionate, but they are few in number compared to baseball and football fans.

For example... a slightly above average baseball player like Paul O'Neil gets more love in the city than Graves.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    On2Legs wrote:

:rolleyes:
    ok pay attemntion while i am about to school you

its apples and oranges, coming from the hugest of Yankee fans.

we arent in and Pearl Jam issnt playing the House That Ruth Built. ( alltho that would undoubtably be unbelievable in its own right- i saw U2 there and it was fantastic )
    anyhow,....

We are in the Mecca

the Worlds Most Famous Arena

Where, if you are attending this show, youll look up and see the various banners and numbers up on the big round ceiling. This is where these players played , and its is coincidentally where Eddie was mentioned as attending the retirement of said # 2 , Brian Leetch, but he had to back out for whatever reason.

Just because you may not have alot or even any knowledge of hockey dont underestimate or make pre arranged notions of others.
    if brian leetch is in attendance and gets announced by ed, i will boo. i'm a devils fan.

haha
    we'd expect no less from a Newark Devils fan. :rolleyes:

it says alot about you to boo Brian Leetch, i mean- the consumate American born Defenseman / Player all around ( Messier says perhaps the best to wear the red white and blue, period , ever ) , and you boo him.
    What are you, a commi ? Good luck with the rest of your night after booing an MSG Icon , ... fella. :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    You give people too much credit for having any knowledge of hockey in NYC... hockey is way down the ladder in terms of interest in the New York area.

Ranger fans are dedicated and passionate, but they are few in number compared to baseball and football fans.

For example... a slightly above average baseball player like Paul O'Neil gets more love in the city than Graves.
    I cant disagree with that. When the Rangers are the hottest team in NY coming down the stretch and they cant even make the back page of any papers then yea that says a lot about where hockey ranks.
    And I'll even give you O'neil too another one of my favs cause of that intensity he brought every single time, but there arent too many after that

I know its predominantly baseball and football, pick your order but Id be happy someday if Hockey even took over basketball in ranking...we have the potential to be a no 3 sport but we just dont know what the hell were doing.
  • Options
    Off he Goes was the first song to pop into my head when i thought of Brian leetch. Not saying it's a perfect fit, just kinda popped into my head without giving it any thought

thats a good choice i forgot to mention,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    oh shit...werent you the only fan at "home" during these playoffs? Cause I swear we were playing in Jersey and when the Rangers scored it ..it..it felt like HOME! not to mention everywhere I looked there was ..oh my, no way..LOOK.....BLUESHIRTS!
    dont hate cause we run the Rock too now ;)
    show love to the man! :D
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thats a good choice i forgot to mention,...
    Im thinking Hail Hail would be cool or any song where he could change the lyrics to "No. 2 or use his name"..be on the lookout for that
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    Im thinking Hail Hail would be cool or any song where he could change the lyrics to "No. 2 or use his name"..be on the lookout for that

Leetch = Leash ? ? ?:confused::confused:

i can see it now,

with the laserlights and spotlights ,...

Drop the Leetch, Drop The Leetch

, and the # 2 banner slowly comes down and then goes right back up !

LOL
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Leetch = Leash ? ? ?:confused::confused:

i can see it now,

with the laserlights and spotlights ,...

Drop the Leetch, Drop The Leetch

, and the # 2 banner slowly comes down and then goes right back up !

LOL
    that would rule! hahaha
    Hail Hail the Lucky 1's I refer to no. 2!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    that would rule! hahaha
    Hail Hail the Lucky 1's I refer to no. 2!

yeah
    i did mention hail hail in my list too
    Better Man ?
    Given To Fly ?
    Hail Hail ?
    I Am A Patriot ?
    Man Of The Hour ?
    Not For You
    Parting Ways ?
    You Are ?
    -
    thats definitely appro-po
    referring to all the #s up on the big round cieling !

:)

Fuck the haters this ones in our house.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    ok pay attemntion while i am about to school you

its apples and oranges, coming from the hugest of Yankee fans.

we arent in and Pearl Jam issnt playing the House That Ruth Built. ( alltho that would undoubtably be unbelievable in its own right- i saw U2 there and it was fantastic )
    anyhow,....

We are in the Mecca

the Worlds Most Famous Arena

Where, if you are attending this show, youll look up and see the various banners and numbers up on the big round ceiling. This is where these players played , and its is coincidentally where Eddie was mentioned as attending the retirement of said # 2 , Brian Leetch, but he had to back out for whatever reason.

Just because you may not have alot or even any knowledge of hockey dont underestimate or make pre arranged notions of others.

Hey... before you "school someone" make sure actually read their post and actually know what was written.

The venue is not the point. I'm not arguing that Eddie should give a shout out to Donnie Baseball.

My comments were in regard to Stickboy posting that Graves had a bigger connection to the people of NYC than ANY other athlete in the city.

Adam Graves could walk down 5th Avenue in full uniform and wearing ice skates on the 4th of July and wouldn't get noticed by 95% of New Yorkers. Don Mattingly, on the other hand, OWNED the city of New York during his career.

• Options
    lol now now boys...dont get sent to the box :)

dude when I played baseball or softball I was all about immitating hit mans stance, had his rookie cards and all that....he did have NY hooked for sure

but how bout this, George Martin former Giant just finished this walk across the US to raise 2 mill and if he walked down the street I wouldnt recognize him either but that still doesnt take away what he did and considering theres about 18, 200 fans at home games every night and add a few more thousand that cant go to games..thats still a pretty big population
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    lol now now boys...dont get sent to the box :)

dude when I played baseball or softball I was all about immitating hit mans stance, had his rookie cards and all that....he did have NY hooked for sure

but how bout this, George Martin former Giant just finished this walk across the US to raise 2 mill and if he walked down the street I wouldnt recognize him either but that still doesnt take away what he did and considering theres about 18, 200 fans at home games every night and add a few more thousand that cant go to games..thats still a pretty big population

Its all good ;)

• Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    You give people too much credit for having any knowledge of hockey in NYC... .

this is what i was more or less responding to.

i too cannot argue the popularity of any of the other major sports over ice hockey.

but i missed any comparisons that were made to and between Graves and Donnie Baseball.

Incidentally perhaps youve never encountered the toy drives that Graves still does to this day in Manhattan at various locations. The middle of the winter , sub zero temps at times , and people still to this day will wait in line outside, that stretches around 2 or 3 city blocks in manhattan , to donate a new toy for a pic and an autograph,.or maybe the coat drive,....

adam graves ( *& Hockey players in general ) does ( *do ) much more in terms of community service and various charities- more than many and most former atheletes from NYC and from other sports --- that we in the general public do not even hear about .

Finally the thread is about ed addressing brian leetch at the upcoming PJ shows. which are taking place at MSG . i dunno how graves or Donnie Baseball got dragged into it.

again,

apples and oranges
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    whoops.
    \