Options

Please introduce a lower Poster Limit !!

mj351mj351 Posts: 218
edited March 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
Please introduce a lower Poster Limit !!

Dear Ten Club, you have got to do something about the douchebags/wankers who buy as many posters from one show as they can. Last night you could buy 6 at once and there were many doing that, just to sell on ebay and so everyone else misses out. Maybe one each, or 2 at most.
Last night, when our stand ran out, and the merch girl ran to get only a few more, some knob still bought 6 (oh 'I'm buying for 6 friends' bullsh*t). Karma's a bitch pal..
Still chasing a Soto from Melb 1..

Comments..

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    not sure about the ed solo stuff but isn't that why they started selling them here also ??
  • Options
    Ian80Ian80 Posts: 136
    Have to agree with you about Poster limits. I was about the 30th person in line and they has sold out buy time I reached the counter last night. Lucky for me the young lady behind the counter went over to the other stant and grabbed some more, so I was lucky enough to end up with the 3rd last poster from the left had side Merch stand. People in front of me were buying 6 at a time, claiming they were for friends etc.

A limit of say one or two posters per person would be much more beneficial, that way more people have the chance to get posters, which lets be honest a lot of people want.
  • Options
    jokertt wrote:
    not sure about the ed solo stuff but isn't that why they started selling them here also ??

And those ones also end up on ebay the next day

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    I wouldn't know that i do not shop for anything on eBay . not even a dog bone !!
  • Options
    S.O.L.A.TS.O.L.A.T Posts: 56
    I understand and hear your tears, but like teaming up to buy tickets when they are released for all the different shows, and the amount of friends we have amassed over the years from the 10c, 6 posters is not hard to buy, one for you, one for the other ticket holder as they come in pairs, one for your sisters mothers dead dogs left over flea or whoever that might be, and they you got the fans overseas you know so well but would love a poster from each show if you can swing it.. next you will be wanting ID to make sure they get sold only to hometown fans and people that fly interstate cant buy them... as of the last few days there are a total of TWO posters from the last 2 nights on ebay's AU site.. both from the same guy trying to cash in.. but you cant say that the 30 people in front of you all bought for resale only.. I didnt have a ticket till the 11th hour for this show, went to last nights show and could not have got in the door to buy a poster.. I was at the venue in line at 5:30... do i deserve to miss out?... to sum up this wall of text, I dont think 6 is unfair and its just a case of earlybird catches the worm.. oh and I missed out on a melb 1 poster but have a bis 3... so I'll either wait for p.j to sell some or ebay.. there are always options if you want it bad enough
  • Options
    browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    Nobody needs to buy six posters, I don't care how many friends you have. I wish there was a limit also. That or just print more of them. Let the artists sell a limited number on their sites. I just like having posters from the gig I was at.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited March 2011
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:
    I understand and hear your tears, but like teaming up to buy tickets when they are released for all the different shows, and the amount of friends we have amassed over the years from the 10c, 6 posters is not hard to buy, one for you, one for the other ticket holder as they come in pairs, one for your sisters mothers dead dogs left over flea or whoever that might be, and they you got the fans overseas you know so well but would love a poster from each show if you can swing it.. next you will be wanting ID to make sure they get sold only to hometown fans and people that fly interstate cant buy them... as of the last few days there are a total of TWO posters from the last 2 nights on ebay's AU site.. both from the same guy trying to cash in.. but you cant say that the 30 people in front of you all bought for resale only.. I didnt have a ticket till the 11th hour for this show, went to last nights show and could not have got in the door to buy a poster.. I was at the venue in line at 5:30... do i deserve to miss out?... to sum up this wall of text, I dont think 6 is unfair and its just a case of earlybird catches the worm.. oh and I missed out on a melb 1 poster but have a bis 3... so I'll either wait for p.j to sell some or ebay.. there are always options if you want it bad enough

"Mr. (S.O.L.A.T), what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone (on the message pit) is now dumber for having (witnessed) it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    2 should be the limit for those paranoid that something might happen to the their first one. People buying six are definitely doing it for resale. It's not even debatable. Good thing I wasn't in Melbourne or there would have been fisticuffs guaranteed. :twisted:
  • Options
    I think 2 should be the limit also. If you need more than that for whatever reason, get someone else to line up as well. I lined up outside the Palais and in the merchant line only for the posters to sell out before I got anywhere near the front of the line.

I'm not really that cut up about missing out cos I didn't think the poster was that great, but I have a poster for every PJ/EV show I've been to except last nite. Hopefully 10c will sell them at some point.
    2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    10c just put me on the merch counter to sell the poster and no one will buy more than 2 posters ever again :twisted:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    10c just put me on the merch counter to sell the poster and no one will buy more than 2 posters ever again :twisted:

Well Niko my friend, you are one of the ones who benefited from no limit. I bought one Sydney poster for Niko, one for a mate in Brisbane and one for me...

So the people who bought 6 may have just had 3 more friends...

I would be dirty if I missed out, but I would just get to the show earlier.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Don't you think the people attending the show are more entitled to a poster than someone who is not?
    If the friend wants one so bad, give them your one..

• Options
    Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    My question - was there a limit? Thurs night person in front of me purchased 9 posters. Fri night person in front of me = 13 :o
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i think the better idea is 10c announce before tour that they will sell them in their store as well after tour ends..
    so with a little patient all get one....+ will be a sale of ev solo tour posters..i saw it in one of the artist web pages,that his poster will be for sale at the show and then to pearljam.com
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    There's probably supposed to be a limit, it's just not enforced. That happened quite a bit during last years tour.

There should a be a 1 poster limit. They're not made to help pay for your tickets with the extra cash you can make from selling them.
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    I don't have a problem with someone buying more than 1 poster.
    Here's an idea...before show-limit of 2 posters. After show or after 1st set, get what you want. Heck, maybe drop price $5 for those who gamble and wait...

Gives everyone a shot at one who really wants one for themself.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I agree with the thread starter. I went to the columbus show and bought one for 30 the next day on ebay i saw the same poster for anywhere between 60-100 bucks. My cousin forgot to get me a Buffalo one i looked online and found none worth the prices they wanted. I wanted a Buffalo one to go with my old Buffalo Bills posters from the 80's i have. I got one here at the store but yeah buying six posters is ridiculous.

If you have six friends who want one they can walk thier lazy ass up to the stand. I was walking with a cane and was having a second back surgery 5 days after my concert and i was able to walk my disabled ass up to the vender and get my own poster. Two posters should be the limit. If you want more wait till they are available here.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    My question - was there a limit? Thurs night person in front of me purchased 9 posters. Fri night person in front of me = 13 :o

I was told 6 was the limit, but 13 is insane. why not buy them all.

Better idea is to let them buy 1, then line up again....
    i think the better idea is 10c announce before tour that they will sell them in their store as well after tour ends..
    so with a little patient all get one....+ will be a sale of ev solo tour posters..i saw it in one of the artist web pages,that his poster will be for sale at the show and then to pearljam.com

dimi, i think those will still go like hot cakes, the ones from the artists own site were gone before I logged on at 9am next morning.

• Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    In Christchurch for PJ they had a 1 per person limit. I saw the same guy in line for about 10 posters! Just ridiculous...
    In Sydney for EV I saw another guy buy 6 as well... just a shame for those who WERE THERE and missed on it.
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    missislesmissisles Posts: 539
    i completely support 2 per person

i only bought one at the first melbourne show... its pretty...

but at the end of the show i seen a dude leave with the biggest roll of posters. no way their was 6 rolled up

it totally sucks that they sell out cause people get to the venue late cause of many different issues... ie getting lost.

but i do appreciate it would be too hard to try monitor if someone had already bought one or two then lined up again....

maybe posters could be ordered at time of ticket
    "this is what it will look like" when you get tickets you get a special coupon and you pick it up at the venue on the night

outside of that theirs really no real way of monitoring it
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    missisles wrote:
    "this is what it will look like" when you get tickets you get a special coupon and you pick it up at the venue on the night

I prefer not knowing what the poster looks like, adds to the excitement of the night. What does it look like? Am i going to get one?
  • Options
    missisles wrote:

I prefer not knowing what the poster looks like, adds to the excitement of the night. What does it look like? Am i going to get one?

Yeah I know. Me too.
    But I just don't know how else they'd ever monitor sales of posters
    :S
  • Options
    MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    missisles wrote:
    missisles wrote:

Yeah I know. Me too.

I guess there's two side to it, with a limit on it. Than you have people who are buying for a friend and may have more than one friend. Or if a friend is running late you buy them one. I heard that only 100 was printed for Night 2, but i'm not sure for certain. The pile didn't seem that big when I got mine, and I was second in the line to get one. After seeing how popular they were Night 1, I made sure i was early so i could get one.
  • Options
    missisles wrote:
    missisles wrote:

Yeah I know. Me too.

If it is made 2 per person, then someone who wants 6 is going to have to line up three times, at least then every person behind them has got one before they can buy more, seems to be the easy answer.

• Options
    mj351 wrote:
    missisles wrote:

Yeah I know. Me too.

If it is made 2 per person, then someone who wants 6 is going to have to line up three times, at least then every person behind them has got one before they can buy more, seems to be the easy answer.

not necessarily
    if theyre at the doors super early then they could go through 2 or 3 times quite easily before the lines fill up
  • Options
    Probably depends on the venue. Melb had 2 merch stands and as soon as the doors opened, the 2 lines were like 60-70 deep. So whoever is first in line has to let 70 other people get one before he can get another..

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    mj351 wrote:
    Probably depends on the venue. Melb had 2 merch stands and as soon as the doors opened, the 2 lines were like 60-70 deep. So whoever is first in line has to let 70 other people get one before he can get another..

I reckon the merch stands at melb were bad... what two stands with 2 ppl on each one. The line of the one on the right went across the floor around a pillar then up the stairs.. it was crazy... I was in the line to go into the venue and went in the door straight to the stand. I can see why ppl got posters for other ppl that had tickets cos the line was way too long for everyone to queue in ....the line didnt go down at all. I got back in the line about 35 mins before Ed came on and I think I just got served in time with not much time to spare...
    It was weird getting tickts on the outside of the venue lining up to go in then being let in... with not much time to get merch and watch the support band.. I dont think the venue would have had many ppl watching the support act...

A few ppl said Melb 2 post there was only a 100 available perhaps the artist ran out of black ink..
  • Options
    YEAH DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    I support the "limit per purchase" idea.
    If someone wants 6, they get 1 (or 2), got to the back of the line, get another their next, go to the back of the line get their next, and so on.

At Melb1 I got the very last poster (the display one off the wall) from the right-side merch stall. Was a very nervous wait in the queue, and I saw many people who missed out because clowns were buying 5s and 6s.
    :idea: Melb2 my wife and I got into separate queues with our phones handy to let the other know who got to the front of the queue first. In the end, she beat me to the front so I stepped out of my queue.
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Wilds wrote:
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:

"Mr. (S.O.L.A.T), what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone (on the message pit) is now dumber for having (witnessed) it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."

Billy Madison!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04