Options

Please introduce a lower Poster Limit !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    They impose a one per person policy in goods section of website.. Should follow at shows.. Why do people not at the show even want one? Thats like wearing a gig/tour t-shirt for a gig you weren't at... (Fire away!)
  • Options
    Lukin4Lukin4 Posts: 24
    vital5 wrote:
    They impose a one per person policy in goods section of website.. Should follow at shows.. Why do people not at the show even want one? Thats like wearing a gig/tour t-shirt for a gig you weren't at... (Fire away!)
    What if said shirts were a gift from a distant friend...??? 8-)
  • Options
    Lukin4 wrote:
    vital5 wrote:
    What if said shirts were a gift from a distant friend...??? 8-)
    Then you have no choice :)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    its the venue staff that usually works the merch booths, and guess what, they can probably care less how many one person buys. they just want to sell them out, so if one person buys 12, it makes their job that much easier.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I remember at Melb 1 2006 there wasn't a limit then at Night 2 and 3 there was a limit of 1..
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    mj351 wrote:
    Probably depends on the venue. Melb had 2 merch stands and as soon as the doors opened, the 2 lines were like 60-70 deep. So whoever is first in line has to let 70 other people get one before he can get another..

I reckon the merch stands at melb were bad... what two stands with 2 ppl on each one. The line of the one on the right went across the floor around a pillar then up the stairs.. it was crazy... I was in the line to go into the venue and went in the door straight to the stand. I can see why ppl got posters for other ppl that had tickets cos the line was way too long for everyone to queue in ....the line didnt go down at all. I got back in the line about 35 mins before Ed came on and I think I just got served in time with not much time to spare...
    It was weird getting tickts on the outside of the venue lining up to go in then being let in... with not much time to get merch and watch the support band.. I dont think the venue would have had many ppl watching the support act...

A few ppl said Melb 2 post there was only a 100 available perhaps the artist ran out of black ink..
    Thanks for getting me my poster....really appreciate you standing in line for me and Zig :clap:
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    its the venue staff that usually works the merch booths, and guess what, they can probably care less how many one person buys. they just want to sell them out, so if one person buys 12, it makes their job that much easier.

Yeah but it is also venue staff telling you to put your camera away or you'll be kicked out, because they have been asked to by the artist/manager etc..

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Good point :) Boo though haha
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    I reckon the merch stands at melb were bad... what two stands with 2 ppl on each one. The line of the one on the right went across the floor around a pillar then up the stairs.. it was crazy... I was in the line to go into the venue and went in the door straight to the stand. I can see why ppl got posters for other ppl that had tickets cos the line was way too long for everyone to queue in ....the line didnt go down at all. I got back in the line about 35 mins before Ed came on and I think I just got served in time with not much time to spare...
    It was weird getting tickts on the outside of the venue lining up to go in then being let in... with not much time to get merch and watch the support band.. I dont think the venue would have had many ppl watching the support act...

A few ppl said Melb 2 post there was only a 100 available perhaps the artist ran out of black ink..
    Thanks for getting me my poster....really appreciate you standing in line for me and Zig :clap:

Ahh that was ok...I reckon everyone at that gig bought merch...they must have sold so much ..that line didnt stop I got back in to buy a tee..pleased I did.... I couldnt believe how the line went up the stairs.....crazy.. I was wondering why ppl were lined up coming down the stairs..
    And I unrolled my poster the other night it was so nice...nicer than I thought on the night....
    I hope your poster got back to NZ alright :)
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Ahh that was ok...I reckon everyone at that gig bought merch...they must have sold so much ..that line didnt stop I got back in to buy a tee..pleased I did.... I couldnt believe how the line went up the stairs.....crazy.. I was wondering why ppl were lined up coming down the stairs..
    And I unrolled my poster the other night it was so nice...nicer than I thought on the night....
    I hope your poster got back to NZ alright :)
    Safe and sound! Thanks again! :D
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    3 years later.. nothing has changed

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I love the idea of letting people pre-order the poster with the ticket. Give the option to tack on another $40 to the ticket price with the poster shipping with the ones that go on sale in 10c after the tour. No extra over head as the posters would go on sale and be shipped anyways after the fact. You are just pre-paying but have to wait until after the tour. This gives people who wait in the merch line the immediate gain as they have it right away but allows those that don't want to stand in line the option to know they will get it eventually. The artist and the band can control the amount printed as before just with a portion set aside for pre-orders that hey know in advance how many are needed. Who cares if people are buying 6 or more if you know yours will get to you sooner or later. This is better than sitting here waiting for the PHX show poster to hit 10c to possibly find out if I logon at 9:30 I may have missed it again. Yes I could go to ebay and pay extra but is that what PJ wants for their fans. They fought ticketmaster to stop people from making gobs of cash off of their fans when the are doing really nothing other than profiting off of the system in place. Why are they letting a small group of their fans do it to the larger base of fans. Seems contradictory to what they stand for.

They can't control everything that happens but would be nice if after all these years they could try something different to see if it helps.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    mj351 said:

3 years later.. nothing has changed

There are so many potential solutions to this issue, it boggles the mind that none of them are in place by this point.

Luckily got one last night, but saw enough folk with none, and too many folk with multiples to really consider the current system fair.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    cdysinge said:

I love the idea of letting people pre-order the poster with the ticket. Give the option to tack on another $40 to the ticket price with the poster shipping with the ones that go on sale in 10c after the tour. No extra over head as the posters would go on sale and be shipped anyways after the fact. You are just pre-paying but have to wait until after the tour. This gives people who wait in the merch line the immediate gain as they have it right away but allows those that don't want to stand in line the option to know they will get it eventually. The artist and the band can control the amount printed as before just with a portion set aside for pre-orders that hey know in advance how many are needed. Who cares if people are buying 6 or more if you know yours will get to you sooner or later. This is better than sitting here waiting for the PHX show poster to hit 10c to possibly find out if I logon at 9:30 I may have missed it again. Yes I could go to ebay and pay extra but is that what PJ wants for their fans. They fought ticketmaster to stop people from making gobs of cash off of their fans when the are doing really nothing other than profiting off of the system in place. Why are they letting a small group of their fans do it to the larger base of fans. Seems contradictory to what they stand for.

They can't control everything that happens but would be nice if after all these years they could try something different to see if it helps.

I agree with the idea of letting people pre-order the poster with their ticket. Hey Ten Club, maybe even add $2 to the price of the pre-ordered posters that Ten Club/Pearl Jam could donate to charity.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Remember when we used to like the music?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited February 2014
    They should have merch stands outside the venue a day or two before the show.
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    Can we get an official response on this issue?

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    mj351 said:

Can we get an official response on this issue?

What response are you looking for? Every show I went to last year I believe had a 2 poster and sticker limit at the merch booth, the ones outside before the venue opened, and those inside. Some followed what the signs posted, and some people working the booths just didn't care. It is not 10c people operating them, so there is nothing the band can really do to force them to follow the rules, especially when there is a mob of people around them trying to get things and then get to their seats. 10c can not print an unlimited amount of posters for each show, nor can they force venue staffers to follow the poster limit every time. Some will, and some just don't care.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Yeah nothing had changed at The Palais the line still went up the stairs and there seemed to be more ppl with tubes than last time. Its dark in there too hard to get a good look at the merch. The staff were nice though.
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    I saw a guy buy 40 stickers inSeattle this year. Thats a lot of friends :)
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    I think even a limit of 2 isnt needed. If you were not at the show a poster doesnt mean much. A limit of one is all that is needed.

I dont see why someone overseas should get priority over someone at the show because I can manage to get their earlier to buy somone else a copy.
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    The other solution is they are made available here after a show. I'm sure its not hard to print per order. That way if someone does buy up 6 they cant jack up the prices because you can order the poster anyways.
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    Funny poster season. Nights 1 and 2 were sold out before you could blink. Night 3 still had one on the wall after the show.
    Not to mention the surplus Sydney Opera House posters still being sold.

** if anyone needs an Opera House poster, one of our Brisbane folk may be able to help you out on the next leg of the tour.