Options

Chicago solo shows

13»

Comments

• Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    Midway to the City is the "Orange Line" and the CTA is under major construction, and dont worry about late night travel its plenty safe.
    Right, blue line is to O'hare.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Midway to the City is the "Orange Line" and the CTA is under major construction, and dont worry about late night travel its plenty safe.
    yah i was gonna say... i didnt think it was the blue... blue is o'hare though correct?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    oh my! that is correct! I feel bad, so sorry, lol....I'm a Northsider what can i say! :P It IS blue line to Ohare and Orange to Midway...but yes everything around here transit wise is a mess lately..just avoid rush hour at all costs or be prepared to have a blown gasket.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    I am going to try for these tickets and fly up from Florida if I score...

I'm not booking a flight yet, as I know how hard it will be to get tix to one night...much less both nights!!!

Airfare from Tampa to Chicago is about $250, which isn't bad...
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    I'm going to be trying for the Thursday night show. Friday is out of the question because I have Bruce tickets in St. Louis on Saturday. If Eddie needs a list and wants to come see the ESB, I'll gladly drive him down 55 to St. Louis.

I'm doing the exact same thing. Taking the Megabus Friday morning, get into Chicago around 2:15, check into my hotel on E Walton, and go to the show. The next day I leave and will be back in STL by 3, just in time to get ready for the Boss!

I know the bus sucks, but it'll be a chance to catch up on reading. Plus, I have already stated my feelings on Amtrack. Considering I got the bus ride and a 2.5 star hotel for just over $100, the trip is working out ok so far.

As for the last part, if anyone wants to split tickets (10C, Ticketmaster, or hopefully not broker), I'm for sure in.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    sgossard3 wrote:
    yah i was gonna say... i didnt think it was the blue... blue is o'hare though correct?

Blue is Ohare...it makes a big sweep from Ohare to Downtown and then back out to Forest Park I believe.
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Man, you guys are making me really want to come to Chicago. That despite the fact that I was lucky enough to catch 4 EV solo shows on the West Coast.. but a nice long weekend in Chicago... two more shows, "Hey... what's wrong with that????"

Hmmm. decisions, decisions....
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Awsome!!!! Thanks for the tips! Now I just have to worry about getting tickets.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I'll be flying in on Wednesday night. My husband doesn't have many more days to take off to take care of the kids, so I can't leave very early Wednesday. Hopefully since I won't be flying in until late, traffic won't be bad.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Ok so last question. I think my flight will get in at about 5:30 at Midway. With all the traffic problems will I make it to the show on Friday? I can't leave any earlier b/c of work.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    stupid me... i told my boss i was done with summer school (mon & wed) a couple days ago not thinking that it i NEED to be home this wed for tickets... and what does she do?? schedules me from 10:30-8:00!! :(

i might try to find a sub or just sneak back to the office if business is slow... i work at a restaurant not a cubicle job so i cant just sit there for hours refreshing

if im not able to do that though, can anyone with an extra ticket PLEASE keep me in mind! ive already spoken to a few people via PM about teaming up but that more chances the better! im nervous as hell about getting a ticket... either night... i dont care
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    double check the ORANGE LINE :p train and make DOUBLE SURE all is good before you fly...DO NOT CAB IT! You should make it though assuming the trains are all running properly. Tho I don't know when the shows start, so I 'm going off an 8pm start time guess here.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Ok so last question. I think my flight will get in at about 5:30 at Midway. With all the traffic problems will I make it to the show on Friday? I can't leave any earlier b/c of work.

Yes, Orange Line only!
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Ok Great! Thanks everyone!