Options

Chicago solo shows

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    mindi wrote:
    I'm another in Southern IL that will be trying for tickets. If I get tickets then I will figure out how to get there and where to stay.
    Ok just looked up plane tickets and it is sooo weird that they have one flight that goes to Atlanta and then to Chicago. Why go to Atlanta from STL and then to Chicago. I'm sure somewhere somehow it makes sense.
    Anyway looks like I can get plane tickets for $150-200 round trip, not too bad I guess.

Lambert (if thats where you are going) has pretty much cut their flights in half, so it is no suprise there will be less direct flights..even to chicago...gotta love the trickle down affect of gas prices ;)

carpooling would be the best if that is an option
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    ill see all yas there! no matter what it takes! ill beg for days just like i had to do for the vic if thats what it takes! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Can't wait! See you all there...hopefully. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    I'm going to try for one of the shows... It's my birthday on Aug 23 and what a present to get myself!!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    How far is the venue from the airport? If my flight gets in at 6 would I be there in time for the show? This is the earliest flight I could take and if I can't make it I don't want to buy tickets.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Lambert (if thats where you are going) has pretty much cut their flights in half, so it is no suprise there will be less direct flights..even to chicago...gotta love the trickle down affect of gas prices ;)

carpooling would be the best if that is an option
    Yep I would leave from Lambert. It just seems so ridiculous to fly to Atlanta and then to Chicago. The whole flight from STL to Chicago is 20-30 minutes.

I spose I could carpool but I loathe that 6 hour nothing to look at but cornfields trip. And would it even be much cheaper? I can get a round trip ticket for under $150 bucks, gas and munchies for a 12 hour trip would be at least that if not more.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    How far is the venue from the airport? If my flight gets in at 6 would I be there in time for the show? This is the earliest flight I could take and if I can't make it I don't want to buy tickets.
    There are 2 airports in Chicago, OHare and of course I can't think of the other off the top of my head.
    IF you took a cab straight there you could probably do it.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    mindi wrote:
    There are 2 airports in Chicago, OHare and of course I can't think of the other off the top of my head.

Midway
    Just me
  • Options
    mindi wrote:

Thanks! I guess the worst that could happen is I miss a little of Liam Finn. Don't really want to miss him but I guess it'll do.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    damn... it sucks that chicago is always the closest venue to the places PJ dont play... now were gonna get all the south and midwest traffic in addition to the hometown fans... no offense to any out of towners of course :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Moving to Chicago on the 20th for college. So I'll defintiely be trying for these shows :)
  • Options
    I might try for the second night. Still very much on the fence just because I'm not a fan of Eddie's solo stuff. Sorry, but I really find the ITW soundtrack boring as hell.

But I dunno...maybe it's better live?
    They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac
    Andre 3000 where is eryka badu at
    Who dat
    Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
    My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man

2008 CHICAGO CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 62

BEAR DOWN!!!!!
  • Options
    Still debating...it's not like a PJ show where if you have crappy seats you still have a great time. It's a sit down acoustic, where I'd want-0 to SEE. & Since I can't guarantee the best seats, I don't know if it's going to be worth the money. (Price of gas to drive up & back (5 hours each way) 75+ a ticket, more unpaid time off from work.) If I knew I'd be in the first couple rows where I could take it all in, I'd be there in a heartbeat...guess I'll check out the size of the venue, as I've never been there.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Yep I would leave from Lambert. It just seems so ridiculous to fly to Atlanta and then to Chicago. The whole flight from STL to Chicago is 20-30 minutes.

I spose I could carpool but I loathe that 6 hour nothing to look at but cornfields trip. And would it even be much cheaper? I can get a round trip ticket for under $150 bucks, gas and munchies for a 12 hour trip would be at least that if not more.

yeah i agree with you..to not get a direct flight to Chicago seems almost ridiculous

and the drive sucks! i wish there were cornfields to look at..haha..you dont even get that
  • Options
    Rodger3478Rodger3478 Posts: 44
    I would love to go to both shows, but I think it will be as hard to get these tickets for Chicago as it was to get Vic tickets. I would like to go to the last show at least. It should be a good time for all!
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    ereeperereeper Posts: 66
    I will be trying for one of the nights.
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • Options
    ereeperereeper Posts: 66
    No sense to be nervous. You've got lot's of options. Be thankful that 10c gives you the first shot. If you fail there, try the ticketmaster sale. If you bust again, if you really want to go, you can find a way.

Myself, I'll try Wednesday and hope for luck. If not, I'll try the ticketmaster. If that don't work, I'll wait for a luckier day for another show.
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • Options
    Chicago is always tough to get since its the middle ground for alot of cities..Minneapolis, Milwaukee, St. Louis...etc

just be thankful there is two shows to try and grab
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Eight blocks...that's a good distance I guess, but its really not that far is it? Within walking distance I would think or am I wrong?

In Chicago's grid system, 8 blocks = 1 mile. Not really that bad. I have made the walk from Union to places farther east many times. Very safe, very clean. If you are from MS, it should be a fun touristy walk for you as well.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i was hoping they were playing the Cardinals that weekend but they have Washington (thurs) and Atlanta( friday) both afternoon starts

here is to another 100 years of futility ;)

Here, Here!

Go White Sox!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    Sawyer wrote:
    really nervous about these tix

I'm with you. If I manage to get a pair, though, I'll definitely offer my extra to a 10C member.
  • Options
    I'll start by trying for Milwaukee tickets and if I don't get them I'm trying for the Chicago shows. Coming from Iowa City, IA so the drive is about the same but I would love to spend the weekend in Chicago starting that Friday... oh and my 30th birthday Aug 25th so seeing the show would be a great gift for myself!
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    I'm with you. If I manage to get a pair, though, I'll definitely offer my extra to a 10C member.

I hope to get a pair for one night and trade the 1 extra ticket for a single ticket to the other night.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'm going to be trying for the Thursday night show. Friday is out of the question because I have Bruce tickets in St. Louis on Saturday. If Eddie needs a lift and wants to come see the ESB, I'll gladly drive him down 55 to St. Louis.
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    Those asking about travel to the venues from the two airports...OHARE (which i work near), and Midway - which is south of the city. BOTH airports through DRIVING, you will endure some NASTY traffic. EVERY highway is currently under construction...its pretty bad..i've been saving time and money by avoiding the highways to work lately.

That said, there have been some crazy train issues too w/ ohare....so if you peeps come in from out of town, just be sure you double check everything first! I DO NOT suggest taking a cab from ohare to the city..however it does depend on when you come in, and when you decide to take a cab out. If you can help it, I would suggest getting here a day before the show and staying in a hotel.

Those taking the train or Amtrak in - as someone else has mentioned, Union station is not so very far away from the venue...u could take a nice long walk, or hop a cab. :)

Best of luck to everyone on wed. and Friday - hope some of us lucky hard core fans get what we deserve!

As for the Cubbies - GO CUBS GO! :) The SATURDAY GAME is already sold out..so if u wanna hit that one, you'll have to buy off CL or from some dirty scalper.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    I'll start by trying for Milwaukee tickets and if I don't get them I'm trying for the Chicago shows.
    This is what I think I will do. I'll be flying in from St Louis so it really doesn't make much difference to me where I end up going, as long as I go!

I don't do the 6 hour one way drive to Chicago. I can't stand the boringness of it. 6 hours of cornfields. So I splurge and fly. With how much gas is and how much munchies for the trip would be, it is probably cheaper to fly.
  • Options
    DesignVHL wrote:
    Those asking about travel to the venues from the two airports...OHARE (which i work near), and Midway - which is south of the city. BOTH airports through DRIVING, you will endure some NASTY traffic. EVERY highway is currently under construction...its pretty bad..i've been saving time and money by avoiding the highways to work lately.

That said, there have been some crazy train issues too w/ ohare....so if you peeps come in from out of town, just be sure you double check everything first! I DO NOT suggest taking a cab from ohare to the city..however it does depend on when you come in, and when you decide to take a cab out. If you can help it, I would suggest getting here a day before the show and staying in a hotel.

Those taking the train or Amtrak in - as someone else has mentioned, Union station is not so very far away from the venue...u could take a nice long walk, or hop a cab. :)

Best of luck to everyone on wed. and Friday - hope some of us lucky hard core fans get what we deserve!

As for the Cubbies - GO CUBS GO! :) The SATURDAY GAME is already sold out..so if u wanna hit that one, you'll have to buy off CL or from some dirty scalper.

Thanks for the info. Is there a train that goes from Midway to the city?
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Is there a train that goes from Midway to the city?

no problem :) Yes there is a train from Midway to the city - its the blue line....i wouldn't take it very late at night, unless your not afraid of scary people. :p

Here is some info about Chicago CTA:

http://www.transitchicago.com/

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/tripplanner.html (This is a trip planner, its helped me in the past with different travel plans and I'm sure it would help anyone coming from midway to the city as well).

:) and fwiw PJGARDEN >> THAT used to be MY email addy when I was in college and ran an old Ticketmaster petition! :P doubt anyone on here would remember me tho! I did a ton of trading under that name! Just had to share that little tidbit. :)
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    DesignVHL wrote:
    no problem :) Yes there is a train from Midway to the city - its the blue line....i wouldn't take it very late at night, unless your not afraid of scary people. :p

Here is some info about Chicago CTA:

http://www.transitchicago.com/

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/tripplanner.html (This is a trip planner, its helped me in the past with different travel plans and I'm sure it would help anyone coming from midway to the city as well).

Midway to the City is the "Orange Line" and the CTA is under major construction, and dont worry about late night travel its plenty safe.
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    DesignVHL wrote:
    You can also use Google Maps to plan your trip on the CTA. Just use the "Public Transit" option when you get directions.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago