edited July 2008 in The Porch
took a look at the Auditorium's website and saw this:
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
Eddie Vedder
Dates: August 21 & 22, 2008
Times: 7:30 p.m.
Price: $77, $62 (limit four tickets)
Liam Finn: Opening act
TICKETS ON SALE TO GENERAL PUBLIC JULY 11, 2008 AT 11 AM.
Limit four tickets per order.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this:
The National Landmark Auditorium Theatre is available for private rental. The Auditorium Theatre's total capacity of 3,929 on four levels and large stage with flexible configuration options make it ideal for the largest touring theatrical production. When scaled to the main floor seating of 1,400, the Auditorium becomes the perfect venue for an intimate solo performance or speaker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some pictures HERE:
http://auditoriumtheatre.org/wb/pages/home/about-us/photo-gallery.php#
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHO'S GOING????
*Raises hand*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
www.wishlistfoundation.org
WE WANT YOU!!!!
join the street team
http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    If I can get tickets!!
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I would love to (edit: TRY TO) catch one of the Chicago shows and have been investigating travel options this morning. My thought was to ride the City of New Orleans up from Jackson, MS, and, of course, arrive at Union Station, which would be much more reasonable cost wise than driving (I'm deathly afraid of flying). $200 for a round trip.

My question is how close would that put me to the theatre?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    CubsWinCubsWin Posts: 26
    the theatre is about 8 blocks directly east of union station. a nice little jaunt.
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Stay out of Chicago!!!! It's worse than Detroit and Iraq Combined!!!! I live there and it's a war zone... you have been warned!!!! Go to the Eddie Vedder Tour somewhere else... Thank you.
  • Options
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Stay out of Chicago!!!! It's worse than Detroit and Iraq Combined!!!! I live there and it's a war zone... you have been warned!!!! Go to the Eddie Vedder Tour somewhere else... Thank you.
    Sounds to me like someone is trying to weed out any extra competition when it comes to ticket buying! Perhaps?

That said, I don't doubt its a lot like a war zone, but I think it would be worth the chance

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    I would love to (edit: TRY TO) catch one of the Chicago shows and have been investigating travel options this morning. My thought was to ride the City of New Orleans up from Jackson, MS, and, of course, arrive at Union Station, which would be much more reasonable cost wise than driving (I'm deathly afraid of flying). $200 for a round trip.

My question is how close would that put me to the theatre?

$200, nice. i am pretty sure that is what it would cost me to drive there now. and i only live two hours away.

if i get shut out of the milwaukee show i will be trying for one of the chicago shows
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    CubsWin wrote:
    the theatre is about 8 blocks directly east of union station. a nice little jaunt.
    Eight blocks...that's a good distance I guess, but its really not that far is it? Within walking distance I would think or am I wrong?

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I will be trying to procure tickets and hope to see both nights, particularly the last night as it is on my 31st birthday.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Sounds to me like someone is trying to weed out any extra competition when it comes to ticket buying! Perhaps?

That said, I don't doubt its a lot like a war zone, but I think it would be worth the chance

I missed out on the ViC show and I couldnt see PJ at Lolla even though I went. (Too far and too many people) I am going to try and get tickets, but too many people like visiting chicago... oh hum...
  • Options
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    I missed out on the ViC show and I couldnt see PJ at Lolla even though I went. (Too far and too many people) I am going to try and get tickets, but too many people like visiting chicago... oh hum...
    Thing is...just a few days ago my dad and I were talking about going to Chicago and riding the train up...just seems like a neat trip even if there isn't an Ed Vedder show waiting at the other end. It couldn't have been more than five days ago...quite a coincidence the tour comes up so soon after that conversation

• Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    Eight blocks...that's a good distance I guess, but its really not that far is it? Within walking distance I would think or am I wrong?

Very easy walk.
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    It's about 8 blocks east and 2 blocks south, which is about 1 mile. Not that bad of a walk, as long as the weather is nice.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I'm trying for both Chicago shows too. Hopefully we can get a nice Detroit group coming to those as well.

luvistower wrote:
    took a look at the Auditorium's website and saw this:
    CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
    Eddie Vedder
    Dates: August 21 & 22, 2008
    Times: 7:30 p.m.
    Price: $77, $62 (limit four tickets)
    Liam Finn: Opening act
    TICKETS ON SALE TO GENERAL PUBLIC JULY 11, 2008 AT 11 AM.
    Limit four tickets per order.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And this:
    The National Landmark Auditorium Theatre is available for private rental. The Auditorium Theatre's total capacity of 3,929 on four levels and large stage with flexible configuration options make it ideal for the largest touring theatrical production. When scaled to the main floor seating of 1,400, the Auditorium becomes the perfect venue for an intimate solo performance or speaker
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Some pictures HERE:
    http://auditoriumtheatre.org/wb/pages/home/about-us/photo-gallery.php#
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHO'S GOING????
    *Raises hand*
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Jeannette - looks like you're in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    mattcoz wrote:
    It's about 8 blocks east and 2 blocks south, which is about 1 1/4 miles. Not that bad of a walk, as long as the weather is nice.
    I've certainly walked farther for shows much less interesting

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I'll be trying.. REALLY hard!!!

I'd hate to be shut out of a show that is so close to me. But, it happens to many people every show. I am just being a good person and doing a lot of good deeds this week, and hopefully that karma will come around on wednesday!

I can't try for the first night due to a work situation, but I'll be going full on for 10c for the friday show, and if that doesn't work, I hope ticketmaster does.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    thank god I don't start school till the 25th!!

cannot wait for these tix to go on sale. i kinda liek the stress sometimes, its fun. then again I have been very fortunate with the 10c server...
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    I'm trying for both Chicago shows too. Hopefully we can get a nice Detroit group coming to those as well.
    bring on the detroit contingent :D
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    ill be taking my ass 5 hours northeast to Chicago for this show

watch out Cubs fans, Cardinal nation is coming to tear up the city ;)
  • Options
    the cubs have a home stand starting on the 19th thru the 23rd (i think)
    can anyone say "eV singing during 7th Inning Stretch At WRIGLEY"?!?!?!?
    but what day to get cubs tix???
    decisions, decisions

to the cardinal fan
    stick it in yer pujoles
    I kid, i kid ;)
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    luvistower wrote:
    the cubs have a home stand starting on the 19th thru the 23rd (i think)
    can anyone say "eV singing during 7th Inning Stretch At WRIGLEY"?!?!?!?
    but what day to get cubs tix???
    decisions, decisions

to the cardinal fan
    stick it in yer pujoles
    I kid, i kid ;)

i was hoping they were playing the Cardinals that weekend but they have Washington (thurs) and Atlanta( friday) both afternoon starts

here is to another 100 years of futility ;)
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i was hoping they were playing the Cardinals that weekend but they have Washington (thurs) and Atlanta( friday) both afternoon starts

here is to another 100 years of futility ;)
    CUBS v Cards would've been SWEET for that weekend, i agree

and not only am i a cubs fan, i'm also a bears fan...talk about futility 95% of the time
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    I'm in for the first night... will be on the road for a wedding the next day... GRRR

BUT, I'll only need one, live in Chicago, and will definitely offer up my extra 10C (if I get a pair) to another 10C member.
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    I'll be coming up from STL that Friday too, sucks the Cards aren't in town but whatever.

I'll be heading up by myself for the night (need to make it back in time for THE BOSS in STL!), so if anyone wants to try for tickets together I would be down......
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    callmedaughtercallmedaughter IL Posts: 38
    *fingers crossed*

I'm going to try my hardest for 10c tickets. If not I'll still be going, even if I have to lie, cheat, and steal to get a ticket by some other method. ;)

We'll be riding the train up from southern IL, definetly cheaper than driving these days... Same thing we did for Lolla, it's not bad at all....

P.S... there's a streetcar type tram thingy you can take from the train station that will drop you off anywhere in the area..... I've already got my room at the Congress Plaza. Appears to be preeeeetty close to the venue.

CAN'T WAIT!
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    I'm going tenclub tickets or not, both shows. No doubt!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    "We'll be riding the train up from southern IL, definetly cheaper than driving these days... Same thing we did for Lolla, it's not bad at all...."

Are you talking about Amtrak? I took that from STL last year for Lolla and it was the worst experience of my life, 3 hour delay both ways and one of the trains had no air conditioning, never doing it again.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    j_web18 wrote:
    "We'll be riding the train up from southern IL, definetly cheaper than driving these days... Same thing we did for Lolla, it's not bad at all...."

Are you talking about Amtrak? I took that from STL last year for Lolla and it was the worst experience of my life, 3 hour delay both ways and one of the trains had no air conditioning, never doing it again.

amtrak is hit or miss, always has been
    sometimes its on schedule other times not
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    Looking for someone to split tickets with for night 1 & 2.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I'm another in Southern IL that will be trying for tickets. If I get tickets then I will figure out how to get there and where to stay.
    Ok just looked up plane tickets and it is sooo weird that they have one flight that goes to Atlanta and then to Chicago. Why go to Atlanta from STL and then to Chicago. I'm sure somewhere somehow it makes sense.
    Anyway looks like I can get plane tickets for $150-200 round trip, not too bad I guess.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy