Options

Kanye West on Bonnaroo and Pearl Jam

bdgavinbdgavin Posts: 123
edited June 2008 in The Porch
He doesn't insult the band, but does mention them and definitely sticks it to the fans who booed him and the organizers:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/west%20slams%20festival%20booers%20and%20brands%20organisers%20idiots_1072427
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuck kanye west- he sucks

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Kanye's good. Just didn't belong at Bonnaroo.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    So he brought a stage set that took 2 hours to set up, and wasn't even fully completed after that amount of time, and he is blaming everyone else?

Someone should explain to him that NO ONE is willing to wait 3 fucking hours for some glow in the dark bullshit. Especially not a bunch of drugged up hippie rock fans who just want to go to bed.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    fuck kanye

pompous ass

i went to sleep after pearl jam
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Kanye is awful. There weren't enough drugs in all of Bonnaroo to make me want to listen to him rap over pre-recorded tracks, wave some glow sticks around show off his fucking sunglasses.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    This is my favorite part -

"I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall… Why? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth too much."

Wow....

no Kayne, people don't like you because you're a douchebag, not because you wear tight clothes.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    The article mentions a "downpour"...it didn;t rain that night.

That said, Kanye was the biggest disappointment for me at Bonnaroo...I was expecting him to actually make me enjoy a hip hop concert...he failed miserably. I'll have t try another artist sometime, but it will probably be awhile.

The Bonnaroo festival organizers did blow the initial scheduling though as apparently he was never going to go on at that time, and they had to know that.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    Yeah, and lets all never mind the fact that he was in Atlanta that night at 107.9's big party putting on a show with a bunch of friends. I'm sure that has nothing to do with him being late
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    The article mentions a "downpour"...it didn;t rain that night.

That said, Kanye was the biggest disappointment for me at Bonnaroo...I was expecting him to actually make me enjoy a hip hop concert...he failed miserably. I'll have t try another artist sometime, but it will probably be awhile.

The Bonnaroo festival organizers did blow the initial scheduling though as apparently he was never going to go on at that time, and they had to know that.

My undertanding is that Kanye requested the change in time so that it would be completely dark for his show.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    The problem I have with hip hop in general is that it's ALL about the dollars. Take Kanye's last quote on his blog entry about the subject:

“HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF… CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN’T GIVE MY ALL!!!"

Does giving it your all mean you take home half a paycheck? Jackass.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    From what I understand he gave his all for about an hour, which, if I understand correctly, is about half of the all his normally gives. So, he really didn't give his all did he? If he was so interested in giving his all couldn't he have continued with the show even after the sun exposed his pompous ass? Who gives a shit about a glow in the dark show anyways...he needs to go home and play with his fuckin' Lite Brite and shut up already.
    Oh, and I don't keep up with Mr. West's goings-on, but from what I see and read, he doesn't need anyone to "plot" his downfall, he's handling that just fine himself.....everybody gets sick of a pain in the ass eventually
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Kanye is awful. There weren't enough drugs in all of Bonnaroo to make me want to listen to him rap over pre-recorded tracks, wave some glow sticks around show off his fucking sunglasses.
    yeah too bad that guy got busted with the bible of tabs

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    BuzdRiderBuzdRider Posts: 9
    Kanye Sucks, Trying to blame Pearl Jam for Rocking everyones pants off for 3 hours. Everyone was there to see them not his sorry ass, so obviusly Pearl Jam is going to play for however long they want. Trying to Blame the Bonnaroo people is dumb as well, if he actually cared about his fans and if he was actually there when it was supposed to start, it would of took two seconds to get on the stage and say Sorry we are having delays setting up my stage. Or even have the curtiasy to say Sorry period during his show. Unlike Eddie who praised with many thanks to all the fans for coming and for having a good time. But kanyes supposed screen that is taking away from half the money he should be making was detroyed by a glow stick bomb ironicly, it was quite a sight. If he would have started on time, I wouldn't have gone anyway, I was to busy rocking out to Ghostland Observatory. The comentary by seriuosly every comic and band that played the next day was bashing Kanye, which was pretty awesome.
    Get a buzz @ Buzd.org
    Bonnaroo - 6/14/08
    VA Beach - 6/17/08
    Wash. DC - 6/22/08
    EV - Wash. DC - 8/16/08
  • Options
    I like Kanye, I just don't think he was right for Bonnaroo

why would u book for 245 am anyway?????????

leaves me guessing, maybe he wanted it to be screwed up

most people left, he didnt hit the stage till 415 am anyway
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Fuck Kanye
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    The best quote from him was blaming the promoters for choosing to put him on at 8:15pm while it was still light. Is his music solely dependent on night? You can't perform you songs without a light show? Is the light show needed to blind the crowd or take their attention away from the pathetic songs that are being performed. Ah, the old smoke and mirrors scheme.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    His stage was done being set up around 3:00. What took him the other 1.5 hours to get the fuck out there and perform? He's a whiney little prima donna bitch with a bag of excuses
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    ..What a whiney bitch. This guy can't seem to grasp that he isn't as popular as he thinks he is.
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    What a wanker!!!!!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Somebody call the waaaaaaambulance!;)
  • Options
    dalovebonedalovebone Posts: 67
    Where the heck was Daft Punk?? I really thought they were coming.......
    If you were my friend, I'd give you the ball on every play.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    prima-donna

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    he needs a Bonnaroo bootleg.

"Don't hate the media, become the media" - Jello Biafra
  • Options
    he needs a Bonnaroo bootleg.
    Nah, he needs a Bonnaroo boot up his ass

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    Why I just can't believe Kanye would whine about something! That's unheard of!
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    here's the "kanye's blog" link.. (warning: many, many capital letters)

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/index.php?em3106=196808_-1__0_~0_-1_6_2008_0_0&co=1

peace,
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Oh screw him.
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Really- He did not belong there. People go to a music festival for the music. If his pyro and lights were not ready- then go without it. What, his music can't stand on its own without glow lights. If his concept of his stage show was too big to accommodate him the first round of negotiations with the Festival organizers, then he should have cut it out and hit the crowd with his lyrics instead.

Don't blame other people if you suck!
  • Options
    I refuse to read the blog entry, but does he give any details on his trip to Atlanta earlier that night? Obviously he was there at some radio station hootenanny Saturday evening/night so isn't there an outside shot his trying to be two places at the same time might have had a little sumthin' sumthin' to do with his tardiness.
    I don't know, it really makes no difference to me because his music -- good or not -- will never be of any significance to me, but it pisses me off when whiners like Mr. West blame everyone else and refuse to take any of the blame themselves....always the victim, right?
    Frankly, he had no business being at Bonnaroo and should have taken his 8 p.m. slot and shut his fucking mouth. If I had been organizing Bonnaroo, I would stuck his ass on the stage at 5 Thursday afternoon