Options

Another example of how Ed touches the lives of people

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I hope Ed actually does lurk on here once in a while or things get back to him because here's a story from last night at NJPAC in Newark that he needs to know.

So a few months ago, when Into The Wild came out on DVD, I went to our local library to rent it for free and see if it was worth buying later. I happened to be sporting my ITW Ed T-shirt that came with the ITW soundtrack from the 10c. The librarian checking me out looked at my shirt, looked at the movie and mentioned how Eddie Vedder did the music. Now, I am in my 30's, she is probably late 40's or early 50's in age. So I was taken back a bit by her knowledge. She said she really appreciated and enjoyed Ed's work on ITW when she saw the movie. I went out to the car, came back and let her borrow Ed's ITW Soundtrack.

I came back a little later that month and she went on and on how much she enjoyed and appreciated Ed's music. A few months later, about a month ago, I was there again with my boys and she says "guess where we are going on Aug 7?". I had no clue and she gleamed with excitement "To see EV in Newark, NJ!!". She was so excited. Turns out her 14 yr old daughter spent a long time on that G-D awful NJPAC site just as we did, trying for the public sale. They got 3 of them and they were going as a family. I told her I was going to and was really excited and told her EV will make her arm hairs stand up after what I experienced seeing his 2 shows in San Diego in April. She told me her seats were way up, but she didn't care, she was just happy they were going.

Fast forwarding to last night, as I sat in my orchestra seats, i couldn't help but wonder how she and her family were enjoying the show. I was hoping that they were having a great time even though they were high up.

Just this afternoon, I took my boys to the library and she was there at work. "almost an elderly woman behind the library counter of a small town"...she was jumping up and down, so excited. She said how she was really hoping I was coming in today to talk about last night's show. I can't believe she was at work for I took today off. She said she was on fumes, not sleeping because of the show and her enjoynment from it. Turns out, she, her daughter, and husband were sitting there, before the show in the rafters of the NJPAC. Someone from Ed's crew came up the steps, pointed to them, took their tix and handed them front row seats.

Ed, I hope you get this...you just touched the hearts of 3 new fans, who will forever have last night as a memory that can never be taken from them. Thank you Ed, the 10c, and all who work the EV solo tour for doing such things. With that said, please release bootlegs and DVD's so we can have everything to relive.

Thanks for letting me share my story, although it really wasn't mine. I just wanted to show how what Ed does, day in and day out is a gift. When he is depressed about something, I hope he can look at stories like this and get a lift.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    wow- what a great story. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Great story! Always glad to hear about new fans.
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    thats awesome....the ticketing mgr. is doin a great job of hookin up the right people!!!!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    Great story!! I loved that she was so excited to see you today to talk about the show!!
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    Nice story...thanks for sharing!
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    great story!! :)
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    this ticket fairy we keep hearing about is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    this ticket fairy we keep hearing about is pretty awesome.

makes me want to get bad seats just so the fairy taps on my shoulder!!
    Angel

• Options
    very cool!! :)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    That is AMAZING!!!! :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    pink1969 wrote:
    makes me want to get bad seats just so the fairy taps on my shoulder!!
    :eek: what if its some big fat hairy guy with a grip like a serial killer!!! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    that's a good story - but I thought they only upgraded 10C tix?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Cool story!!!! :)
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,562
    Touching.

Cheers 4 sharing. Nice to hear someone not bitching for a change!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    Another heart warming, feel good story, thank you for sharing!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    Great story. He's touched more lives than we'll ever know.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :eek: what if its some big fat hairy guy with a grip like a serial killer!!! :eek:

LOL....as long as he's got tickets in his hand, I'll just smile and give him a big hug :)
    Angel

• Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    That's rad. I can draw some awesome connections I have made from this band. Life is so wild.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Great story.

This is such a great thing to do for someone. I love these stories of people randomly getting their tickets upgraded. The tickets were so hard to get and many of us had to settle for seats way way back. I couldn't even imagine being front and centre for an Eddie show. It's just such a magical thing to have happen and kudos to Eddie and the 10 club for once again looking out for their fans.
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    SENROCK! wrote:

No, he is a very nice looking and approachable guy. He reminds me of my dad when he was younger.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    That's cool! Another great story that more than makes up for all the bitching and moaning that happens on this message board.
    Brian
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    I hope Ed actually does lurk on here once in a while or things get back to him because here's a story from last night at NJPAC in Newark that he needs to know.

So a few months ago, when Into The Wild came out on DVD, I went to our local library to rent it for free and see if it was worth buying later. I happened to be sporting my ITW Ed T-shirt that came with the ITW soundtrack from the 10c. The librarian checking me out looked at my shirt, looked at the movie and mentioned how Eddie Vedder did the music. Now, I am in my 30's, she is probably late 40's or early 50's in age. So I was taken back a bit by her knowledge. She said she really appreciated and enjoyed Ed's work on ITW when she saw the movie. I went out to the car, came back and let her borrow Ed's ITW Soundtrack.

I came back a little later that month and she went on and on how much she enjoyed and appreciated Ed's music. A few months later, about a month ago, I was there again with my boys and she says "guess where we are going on Aug 7?". I had no clue and she gleamed with excitement "To see EV in Newark, NJ!!". She was so excited. Turns out her 14 yr old daughter spent a long time on that G-D awful NJPAC site just as we did, trying for the public sale. They got 3 of them and they were going as a family. I told her I was going to and was really excited and told her EV will make her arm hairs stand up after what I experienced seeing his 2 shows in San Diego in April. She told me her seats were way up, but she didn't care, she was just happy they were going.

Fast forwarding to last night, as I sat in my orchestra seats, i couldn't help but wonder how she and her family were enjoying the show. I was hoping that they were having a great time even though they were high up.

Just this afternoon, I took my boys to the library and she was there at work. "almost an elderly woman behind the library counter of a small town"...she was jumping up and down, so excited. She said how she was really hoping I was coming in today to talk about last night's show. I can't believe she was at work for I took today off. She said she was on fumes, not sleeping because of the show and her enjoynment from it. Turns out, she, her daughter, and husband were sitting there, before the show in the rafters of the NJPAC. Someone from Ed's crew came up the steps, pointed to them, took their tix and handed them front row seats.

Ed, I hope you get this...you just touched the hearts of 3 new fans, who will forever have last night as a memory that can never be taken from them. Thank you Ed, the 10c, and all who work the EV solo tour for doing such things. With that said, please release bootlegs and DVD's so we can have everything to relive.

Thanks for letting me share my story, although it really wasn't mine. I just wanted to show how what Ed does, day in and day out is a gift. When he is depressed about something, I hope he can look at stories like this and get a lift.
    my wife and i went from last row balcony to FRONT row the same way at Van 1, 12feet from him
  • Options
    beautiful story !thanks for sharing with us:)
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    That's so cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    That's an awesome story!