Options

Rate The Bands Tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    This is the correct list. PJ was unreal and stole the show (how shocking).

any of you that say PJ is/was better than the Who need to get their fucking heads out of their asses
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    LukinFan wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    The Who
    Tenacious D
    Incubus
    Foo Fighters
    Flaming Lips

Agreed. Dig it.
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Pearl Jam (Jeff! & vocals during Love)
    Incubus
    Tenacious D
    Foo Fighters
    Flaming Lips (They were good, vocals a tad bit iffy)
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I'll leave The Who off the list as they don't need some VH1 show to prove their greatness live..."Live at Leeds","Isle of Wight", And "Rock'n'Roll Circus" already cemented their status as Gods of the Live Stage a long long time ago.

Anyways...

1) Pearl Jam- miles ahead of the pack.They just killed it. Why am I surprised?
    2) Tennacious D- Loved it. Squeeze Box was perfect.
    3) Flaming Lips- 3rd place... just for being weird.
    4) Foo Fighters- Energetic performance, but sloppy and under practiced.
    5) Incubus- "I can see for Miles" was decent...but " I Can't Explain" sucked.

Honorable mention goes to Adam Sandler. I thought his piece was great. It was a very funny and moving tribute to The Who.
  • Options
    Them-Bones wrote:
    Incubus
    Pearl Jam
    Flaming Lips
    Foo Fighters
    Tenacious D
    Adam Sandler

YEA I DID IT

You did it... I don't know what you were listening to but you did it indeed.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
    MrsOakley wrote:
    I'm not including the Who, so I'd put Incubus second, and I thought the rest of it was a sheer embarrassment to the Who --it's that Internet mentality that anyone can do anything if they grab an opportunity, just because you're a big fan of someone doesn't mean you belong performing at their tribute concert. And Adam Sandler is a waste of sperm and egg.

I totally agree. Considering how long The Who have been making great music and considering how many bands they have most likely influenced in the last 40 years. These were the bands that VH1, or whoever, came up with to honor The Who.

I can understand Pearl Jam b/c Ed has never been shy about the influence Pete/The Who has had on him throughout his life and musical career, but some of these other acts, I just don't get it...maybe I'm wrong...wouldn't be the first time...

Anybody else share my thoughts or can elaborate further?
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    any of you that say PJ is/was better than the Who need to get their fucking heads out of their asses

NO, You need to pull your head out of The Who's Ass, so your ears can work!!! The Who sounded ok, but Really PJ sounded Great!!

Listen with your ears, I'm sure PJ in 20 years won't sound as good as they did when they were 40.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    1. PJ
    2. Tenacious D
    3. Incubus
    4. Foo
    5. Lips

If counting the WHO insert after Incubus.