Options

Met Ed last night-

bagpipes19bagpipes19 Posts: 5
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I only have a few minutes free and will post more later, but, was lucky enough to meet Ed,Liam,EJ and Jesse out the in bleachers last night at Wrigley.

Got to talk to him a few different times during the game, and after the game, GREAT GREAT experience, talked about the crowd on this current tour , the cubs, it was kind of a blur for me. Got a lil MOD sticker from him signed and a white EV guitar pick- which he said he was going to give to Kerry Wood. He topped off my beer with the rest of his - PBR terrible.. Told him I would see him tonight, shook his hand again and they were off.

I have to run, will post more later, sorry.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    that's really cool!!!

I'll be the one to ask :) Did you ask him if they were planning on doing any more shows this year? ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    bagpipes19 wrote:
    I only have a few minutes free and will post more later, but, was lucky enough to meet Ed,Liam,EJ and Jesse out the in bleachers last night at Wrigley.

Got to talk to him a few different times during the game, and after the game, GREAT GREAT experience, talked about the crowd on this current tour , the cubs, it was kind of a blur for me. Got a lil MOD sticker from him signed and a white EV guitar pick- which he said he was going to give to Kerry Wood. He topped off my beer with the rest of his - PBR terrible.. Told him I would see him tonight, shook his hand again and they were off.

Why don't these things happen to me!?! :D (I guess Ima have to become a baseball fan and move to Chicago!) LOL

That's awesome story! Congrats :) I look forward to you posting more about your convo with Ed.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    Why don't these things happen to me!?! :D (I guess Ima have to become a baseball fan and move to Chicago!) LOL

Just become a baseball fan, you don't have to move to Chi, this boy whores it at every field in the country! :)

I can't wait to hear the rest of this, and congrats, but I gotta say, Eddie is like that uncle you had who always had candy in his pocket or something, every time he meets a fan, he's handing out stickers and pics and whatever!!!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Very Cool. Glad to see Ed drinking some PBR.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    bagpipes19 wrote:
    ... talked about the crowd on this current tour ...

Dying for more details on this!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Thats awesome - one day I'll go to the cubs game on the right day... I dont think you could miss Ed/Liam/EJ together... oh well, one day. I've met Liam and he's a great person too.

Too bad the Cubs choked last night!
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    very cool, can't wait to hear more!
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    OOooohh!!! That's so nice!

Hope you come back an tell us the whole story in detail.

:)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,694
    Holy Jumping Jesus!!

PBR?? YAK!!

He makes fun of Old Milwaukee...and then he goes and drinks that ass water.

Hopefully he's got better taste in wine than he has in beer.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    bagpipes19 wrote:
    He topped off my beer with the rest of his - PBR.

I have a new found respect for Mr. Vedder.

PBR PBM ASAP
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Holy Jumping Jesus!!

PBR?? YAK!!

He makes fun of Old Milwaukee...and then he goes and drinks that ass water.

Hopefully he's got better taste in wine than he has in beer.

:D ass water! :D

they don't exactly serve "good" beer at baseball parks.

i hope to one day be able to talk politics over a good beer with Ed.

congrats on you meeting him though bagpipes and i look forward to the details :)
  • Options
    I wanted to clarify 1 thing. Old Style, not PBR.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    bagpipes19 wrote:

I'm not sure which is worse. Is Ed singing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley today or tomorrow?
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    So let me get this straight.......you finished Ed's pbr? How awesome!! you should have challenged him to a pbr race!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    bagpipes19 wrote:

Crowd on current tour, hmmmmm, hope he's not sore with us in Wiscosnin.......
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    I'm not sure which is worse. Is Ed singing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley today or tomorrow?

According to Len & Bob, neither.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/weblog/wgnsports/2008/08/singers_for_this_homestand.html

Thursday - Dan Plesac
    Friday - Chris Chelios
    Saturday - Fred Willard
    Sunday - John Cusack
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    I always wondered, when people see Eddie doing non show realted things (like at the airport, baseball games, etc), how exactly do they approach him?? Walk over and say "Hi Eddie, um... I know who you are, because I'm a Pearl Jam fan... I've stalked you and the band for 18 years... soo... how bout them Cubs??" as he just looks at you like "Well I was just in the middle of trying to have a normal life..."
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I always wondered, when people see Eddie doing non show realted things (like at the airport, baseball games, etc), how exactly do they approach him?? Walk over and say "Hi Eddie, um... I know who you are, because I'm a Pearl Jam fan... I've stalked you and the band for 18 years... soo... how bout them Cubs??" as he just looks at you like "Well I was just in the middle of trying to have a normal life..."

I see why some people were mentioning on that other thread that the word stalking is used lightly around here.

How is this guy stalking Ed?
    They are trying to have a normal life but fans running into you just comes with the gig. IMO
    It's not like the guy showed up at his home to ask for an autograph :rolleyes:
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191
    great story, that's awesome for you!!

congratulations, what a great, informal way to meet someone like Ed. :)
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,694

Okay...So if you sat next to him at a baseball game you wouldn't say hi?
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Nope, you walk up like a normal person and say "hi eddie, how's it going?"
    If you get a cordial response and he seems interested in continuing the conversation, you do.If he doesnt seem like he wants to chat or If security tells you to leave, you say "thank you" and leave.
    basically, you act like a normal person because believe it or not, he really is a normal, down-to-earth kind of guy
    and i speak from the voice of experience
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    If you get a cordial response and he seems interested in continuing the conversation, you do.If he doesnt seem like he wants to chat or If security tells you to leave, you say "thank you" and leave.
    basically, you act like a normal person because believe it or not, he really is a normal, down-to-earth kind of guy

luck you!!!! :D:p
    I think I'd choke! LOL

But he seemed to have been pretty cool to this guy, he did top off the guy's beer with his (eventhough it was nasty beer - LOL)
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:

Thank you, I was looking for a real answer, honestly (even though my example was exaggerated). I always felt like if I ever saw him I would just leave him alone b/c I would be afraid of bothering him on his time off. Now I know :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I see why some people were mentioning on that other thread that the word stalking is used lightly around here.

How is this guy stalking Ed?
    They are trying to have a normal life but fans running into you just comes with the gig. IMO
    It's not like the guy showed up at his home to ask for an autograph :rolleyes:

Ok, poor word choice by me, maybe I should have said "been a mega fan", but I was exaggerating for amusement.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    bagpipes19 wrote:

So what did he say about the audiences on this tour?
  • Options

Normal life for Ed is meeting people and being kind hearted, regardless of fame I think he enjoys his down time.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    bagpipes19 wrote:

Until I read this I was about to say "BLASPHEMY! It's an unwritten law that you're supposed to drink Old Style in the bleachers at Wrigley!" :) Sounds like a very cool experience, I'm really jealous. NOTHING would be better to me then talking to Ed and drinking a beer with him in the Bleachers at Wrigley!
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I LOVE that he still sits in the bleachers. A friend of mine met him in the bleachers back in the 90s. Hilarious!

And I was gonna say...can you even get PBR at Wrigley? Old Style, all the way! :D

Congrats, bagpipes! That's really cool.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    I LOVE that he still sits in the bleachers. A friend of mine met him in the bleachers back in the 90s. Hilarious!

And I was gonna say...can you even get PBR at Wrigley? Old Style, all the way! :D

Congrats, bagpipes! That's really cool.

forgive my ignorance but what the fuck is "old style",is that like when 2 elderly people "go at it?"

seriously...who makes it?
  • Options
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts