Options

Met Ed last night-

2»

Comments

• Options

ahhhhh...interesting.

what would you compare it to taste wise??
  • Options
    Pbr.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Pbr.

• Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    bagpipes19 wrote:
    I wanted to clarify 1 thing. Old Style, not PBR.

Years ago (80s) Heileman Brewery in La Crosse, WI was the 3rd or 4th largest brewer in the Country because of demand from Chi town largly and other points east. That was then and this is now,,,but an Old Style was not long ago considered DAMN good beer! :) I guess its all Miller and Anhauser Busch and Coors now....tasteless. ;)

I still enjoy an Old Style now and then...although Rolling Rock and Leinenkugels dominates the fridge... although Jamieson's Irish Whiskey comes out of the cabinet more often...
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Years ago (80s) Heileman Brewery in La crosse, WI was the 3rd or 4th largest brewer in the Country because of demand from Chi town largly and other points east. That was then and this is now,,,but an Old Style was not long ago considered DAMN good beer! :)

I still enjoy one now and then...although Rolling Rock and Leinenkugels dominates the fridge...

Of course that for taste everyone has their own opinion, I'm not to much of a beer person, don't drink to much at all but when I drink beer I drink Corona....

BUT when I was at the WPB pre-party this girl from the bar came offering free Rolling Rock and she was like go ahead take one is free, so me, my husband and some friends took one each...OMG! that was the worst beer we had ever tasted yuck! We all left the beer 2 sips in on top of the bar, no wonder they were giving it away from free. :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Of course that for taste everyone has their own opinion, I'm not to much of a beer person, don't drink to much at all but when I drink beer I drink Corona....

BUT when I was at the WPB pre-party this girl from the bar came offering free Rolling Rock and she was like go ahead take one is free, so me, my husband and some friends took one each...OMG! that was the worst beer we had ever tasted yuck! We all left the beer 2 sips in on top of the bar, no wonder they were giving it away from free. :D

Try findin Leinenkugels made by good Germans in WI...Try the Summer Wheat...excellent. If you find it on tap you've hit gold!
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Try findin Leinenkugels made by good Germans in WI...Try the Summer Wheat...excellent. If you find it on tap you've hit gold!

Well that one I've never tried but I always like trying new beers though, some I like some I dont, I hate Guiness though some of my friends hold it up to perfection :confused: lol
  • Options
    when I drink beer I drink Corona....

Corona:D
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    Maybe Old Style is PBR now? There's a beer called National Bohemian sold in Baltimore that used to be independent, but was bought by Pabst and is now pretty much the same as PBR. In Virginia the Baja Bean chain of restaurants has a draft beer they claim is a house specialty called Baja Gold, but it's really just PBR (literally...my friend used to drive the beer truck that delivered it).

Not to insult Old Style in any way, it sounds delicious because I love PBR. Just wondering if it's gone the same way as National Bohemian, which does still have an advantage over PBR because of its one-eyed mascot Mr. Boh.

Melissa
  • Options
    ciaochowciaochow Posts: 97
    scb wrote:
    So what did he say about the audiences on this tour?

Yes, please! I'm dying to know!
    20. ottawa - may '16
    19. ottawa - may '11
    18. montreal - sept '11
    17. toronto - aug '09
    16. toronto - aug '08 (ev solo)
    15. toronto - aug '08 (ev solo)
    14. montreal - aug '08 (ev solo)
    13. montreal - aug '08 (ev solo)
    12. toronto - may '06
    11. ottawa - sept '05
    10. mansfield, ma - july '03
    9. NYC - oct '00 (nader rally)
    8. mansfield, ma - sept '00
    7. DC - sept '98 (voters for choice)
    6. NYC - sept '98
    5. east rutherford, NJ - sept '98
    4. montreal - aug '98
    3. augusta, me - sept '96
    2. toronto - sept '96
    1. gimli - aug '93
  • Options

LOL!!! I get that a lot ....
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Was he drinking pbr or are u sure it wasnt old style
  • Options
    Yes, please! I'm dying to know!

He may say they were a holes...but, guess how many chi-town addedants will be worse.... MANY won't have a clue hes in his hometown...as it is...

All the best tonight...
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    bagpipes19 wrote:
    I only have a few minutes free and will post more later, but, was lucky enough to meet Ed,Liam,EJ and Jesse out the in bleachers last night at Wrigley.
    quote]

curious... right field? left field?
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    did we ever get an update on what he thought of the crowds??? i'd be interested to hear...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    :D ass water! :D

they don't exactly serve "good" beer at baseball parks.

i hope to one day be able to talk politics over a good beer with Ed.

congrats on you meeting him though bagpipes and i look forward to the details :)
    Did that a few weeks before 9/11 at a wellwater conspiracy show in San Diego. Oh, did I mention I lit his cigarette too? Actually no I didn't, he asked me for a light and all I had was matches and unfortunately we were standing in a giant alleyway wind tunnel that kept blowing out my matches. Then of course my buddy jumps in front of me and lights his cigarette in one try with a lighter.

The cool thing was that ed knowing that i was nervous, put both hands on my arm and looked me dead in the eyes and said "Thanks"
    ...........MemorieslikestatuesthroughthemIdriveliketreesonthesidesidewalksmoretreesevenstopsignS
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    I've enjoyed the lesson and debate on Midwestern ass water, but is the OP ever coming back to tell the whole story???? :)
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    He may say they were a holes...but, guess how many chi-town addedants will be worse.... MANY won't have a clue hes in his hometown...as it is...

All the best tonight...

Thankfully, this wasn't the case at all last night. I thought the crowd was pretty respectful, by and large.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    bagpipes19 wrote:
    I only have a few minutes free and will post more later, but, was lucky enough to meet Ed,Liam,EJ and Jesse out the in bleachers last night at Wrigley.

Got to talk to him a few different times during the game, and after the game, GREAT GREAT experience, talked about the crowd on this current tour , the cubs, it was kind of a blur for me. Got a lil MOD sticker from him signed and a white EV guitar pick- which he said he was going to give to Kerry Wood. He topped off my beer with the rest of his - PBR terrible.. Told him I would see him tonight, shook his hand again and they were off.

I have to run, will post more later, sorry.

Good deal! My friend called me Wed night sharing a similar experience, sans signed MOD sticker & pic. He too was in the bleachers, few seats away from Ed & talking to him for quite some time without knowing who he was! Then a friend asked, "dude, do ya know who u been talking to?!

He gave me a call to share and just kept saying "he's so freakin' cool"!

I love it! My friend likes PJ, though obviously isn't a huge fan. lol. I'm taking him to the show tonight (friday) so he can experience the musical ed!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Did that a few weeks before 9/11 at a wellwater conspiracy show in San Diego. Oh, did I mention I lit his cigarette too? Actually no I didn't, he asked me for a light and all I had was matches and unfortunately we were standing in a giant alleyway wind tunnel that kept blowing out my matches. Then of course my buddy jumps in front of me and lights his cigarette in one try with a lighter.

The cool thing was that ed knowing that i was nervous, put both hands on my arm and looked me dead in the eyes and said "Thanks"

cool story,thanks for sharing! i swear i never get sick of hearing about fan encounters with Ed...i should write a book!

Ed's my kinda guy :)
  • Options

Ed's my kinda guy :)

ME TOO :)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Im sure I am in the minority with this, but I think PBR draft is pretty good. The first time I PBR draft I was surprised because PBR in a can tastes like shit.

I'll join you in the minority.

I enjoy Piba's.....definitely not afraid to order up a tall cool one when I'm out.