Options

I am fucken retarded

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Ha - this thread is funny. Hope you have a lot of fun! :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    I'm a bit impulsive (crazy) too ;) .. about a month ago I had no intentions of going abroad this summer, because I had been in Chicago last Christmas (for a month) - and spent a lot of money of course... but then, I noticed PJ's tour schedule somewhere in the webz and here I am, this "concert(s) trip" will cost me about 2000$.. (flights, tickets, spending money). But this is life and I want to enjoy it the best I can - and I love traveling :) Life tastes goooodd.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Love this thread and I can relate.

I was planning on going to one show this tour (D.C.) and that's about a 10 hour drive.

I start thinking yesterday that Camden II doesn't seem like such a bad idea either, since I can get the weekend off pretty easy. Well, I hadn't really talked to the two folks I'm going with about it.

So, today, they say they might be down, but they'll have to check with work, etc. So, I'm fucking around on Ticketmaster, checking ticket prices and such. See that only lawn tickets are available. Still, just keep hitting show new tickets for no apparent reason. Suddenly, a trio of tickets pops up in the pavillion, center stage. I don't even hesitate. I just buy them anyway.

Then, I try to call the other people. One's down for sure. The other might not be able to make the trip at all now. Oh well, I'll either have one hell of a time or an extra seat for Camden and D.C.

We'll see. Fucking impulses.
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    we all are, dude.

Good on ya ;)
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    I opened this thread and I had flashbacks of myself from '06 going to the San Diego show the day after Vegas.
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i can definitely relate, on impulse i bought 2 8th row mansfield tickets. definitely dont have the money for them but 8th row! i couldnt resist! and i dunno how we'll get there and back, but i figured my desire to see them that close will fuel me to find a way. by the way, anybody going to mansfield 2 and want to take me and a friend with them? :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Guess you were'nt a dumbass after all. ;) :P
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    LongRd. wrote:
    Guess you were'nt a dumbass after all. ;) :P

thanks I mean when it came down to it, I wanted to go anyways.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Oxxys wrote:
    thanks I mean when it came down to it, I wanted to go anyways.

and soon you'll want to go to the Beacon too... ;) prepare to get reaaally drunk. :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I had promised myself I would only do WPB and Tampa this year, but then I added Camden last month and yesterday and went nuts and click click click I had plane tickets flying into Boston on June 28th and 2 tickets for the show :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I was thinking about Boston 1 as well
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    I was thinking about Boston 1 as well

I like your signature BTW :D
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This is so funny! I take it you are glad you went? :)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i came "this" close to hopping a ride to Va beach from columbia... but it wasnt because i was drunk , it was because i just got totally totally baked off of Pearl Jizzy..
  • Options
    I had promised myself I would only do WPB and Tampa this year, but then I added Camden last month and yesterday and went nuts and click click click I had plane tickets flying into Boston on June 28th and 2 tickets for the show :D

ooooooooooooo i want to do dat... Boston will be cool.. despite the shitty venue
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    It's amazing that we can all relate with similar stories. My friends tease the hell out of me for what I do. When I was younger, I disappeared into NYC last minute for 2 MSG shows (my parents went nuts, but I was offered free tickets the afternoon of the first show! Couldn't turn it down!).

A few years after that, I was doing some house sitting for family in LA, realized Bridge School was happening at the same time. Bought myself a last minute roundtrip ticket to San Jose (thank God they have tons of commuter flights on that path) and got myself on the guest list (through another performer). Even ran into some folks who let me crash in their hotel room for free! Well, I gave them my spare tickets front and center, so it was more of a trade.

Last summer, I travelled Europe for a month with work. I had only 1 night off the whole time and made sure it fell on the night PJ played London (only time my work schedule and PJs tour schedule fell in the same city). My bosses knew it was the only thing I wanted to do, so they got me in backstage! The 80 pound cab ride from Hyde Park to the show and back was so worth it!! Made it *just* in time for PJ to start (boss never saw me work so hard and fast to get out, so he just let me go). I also ended up getting to see the Smashing Pumpkins in London (bosses wanted to go, I didn't refuse). Then we partied with the Pumpkins and The Killers!

And now, I just returned home from Bonnaroo. Went for the sole purpose of seeing PJ again, but enjoyed the whole time.

Basically, I throw myself in the middle of it all and things just work themselves out! It's what makes life worth living! My friends tease me massively, but admit they are in awe of the guts I have to do it all.
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    This is so funny! I take it you are glad you went? :)

glad I was glad the second I got on that plane friday night
  • Options
    ooooooooooooo i want to do dat... Boston will be cool.. despite the shitty venue

I cant wait for this Friday and next Saturday.... :D

I'm meeting up with such wonderful people in Mansfield too, that's the best part of it all... some friends that I had already come to terms with not seeing this tour and all of a sudden everything changed :D

God I love Pearl Jam!!!! - LOL
  • Options
    I cant wait for this Friday and next Saturday.... :D

I'm meeting up with such wonderful people in Mansfield too, that's the best part of it all... some friends that I had already come to terms with not seeing this tour and all of a sudden everything changed :D

God I love Pearl Jam!!!! - LOL

man alive... i could proabably make the msgs and mansfields if i didnt have to pay for tix.. they are just steep this time around, i mean i understand why but its hard with gas the way it is ( i know bitch moan )

But man.. i must find away to these shows..

Have an awesome time :) Mrs. V
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Oxxys wrote:
    I do dumb shit when I'm drunk like buy things that I can kind of afford, but really shouldn't buy. Last night I got realllyyy wasted and bought a plane ticket to Nashville for tommorow night. FUCCK why do I do this. So, now I have to go to the roo.......ain't got no place to stay or no ride from nashville.....man this is going to be interesting. Oh yeah and no roo ticket yet. Did I mention I am poor. fuck

whoa...that is bad...I have done strange things under the influence but luckily nothing like that.

Good luck.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    man alive... i could proabably make the msgs and mansfields if i didnt have to pay for tix.. they are just steep this time around, i mean i understand why but its hard with gas the way it is ( i know bitch moan )

just do it I did it
  • Options
    a little birdy told me that a 12 pack helps with the purchase
  • Options
    I like your signature BTW :D

I like it too, I was pretty proud of it when I made it.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Oxxys wrote:
    I like it too, I was pretty proud of it when I made it.
    Did you ever make it to Roo? What an amazing show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    hell yeah I made it and had a blast the whole weekend!!!!!!

are you the teacher?
  • Options

Thanks! :)

Let me know if you end up going to Mansfield last minute, I'd love to meet ya'
  • Options
    Thanks! :)

Let me know if you end up going to Mansfield last minute, I'd love to meet ya'

will do! :)