Options

I am fucken retarded

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I do dumb shit when I'm drunk like buy things that I can kind of afford, but really shouldn't buy. Last night I got realllyyy wasted and bought a plane ticket to Nashville for tommorow night. FUCCK why do I do this. So, now I have to go to the roo.......ain't got no place to stay or no ride from nashville.....man this is going to be interesting. Oh yeah and no roo ticket yet. Did I mention I am poor. fuck
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sorry for the inappropriate use of the thread title..........I am just in awe by my ability to make bad decisions right now, lol
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    I hear there are still tickets available for Graceland tours...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Brilliant thread!!

Open, honest, self-evaluated...

I tip my hat sir
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    That Is Pretty Stupid
  • Options
    yeah it was pretty dumb..........I was just on such a high though cause I made out with this gorgeous girl like two hours earlier
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Even though they are most likely non-refundable tickets...you probably still have two options...

1. Try to call the airline and tell them you made the purchase in error. I've heard even if they are non-returnable/non-refundable a lot of places really give you 24 hours in which you are legally entitled to cancel the order. I WOULD TRY THIS IMMEDIATEY!!!!

2. If you can't...find out would their policies are. If you, by chance, purchased on Southwest...they still just hold your total purchase amount to be used at another time, for another flight, within a year, without any penalty.

Other airlines do this but charge you $75-150 to change to another ticket (plus...of course...any change in fares...)

That would probably be a lot better than the amount you may end up spending last minute to get to Bonnaroo. That's what I would do if I was you... but that's me and my two cents.

Save the $... even if you ended up not using your plane ticket... if you don't have any more money to spend...stop spending now! Ya know?

Good luck no matter what you end up doing.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Oxxys wrote:
    yeah it was pretty dumb..........I was just on such a high though cause I made out with this gorgeous girl like two hours earlier

You were really drunk. You should hope the girl was gorgeous :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    go to roo! you will have a great time and get to see PJ :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Hehe, this is an awsome post! I think its awsome cause I can really relate to what you are going through and how decisions like this go down when they really shouldn't!

I think you should go through with it and go to the Roo. Its money, its replacable. Festival memories on the other hand, are not!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Oxxx...contact this guy immediately. he got an extra ticket. :)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5532813&postcount=663
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Oxxys wrote:

I for one APPLAUD you! After seeing last nights opening set, I am seriously thinking about just jumping on a plane and heading east for the Camden shows.......I have changed my mind 3-4 times in the last 1/2 hour!! HAVE FUN!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    yeah I got back from the bar took a look at that set list and was like fuck
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I for one APPLAUD you! After seeing last nights opening set, I am seriously thinking about just jumping on a plane and heading east for the Camden shows.......I have changed my mind 3-4 times in the last 1/2 hour!! HAVE FUN!! :D

You definitely need to come out here! You only live once. Do it
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    yeah I got back from the bar took a look at that set list and was like fuck
    Fuck as in excitement or fuck as in disappointment? or both ;)
  • Options
    fuck as in excitement totally
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    So really....I would guess the choice is now yours to make sober. Because if you didn't really want to go... you could try one of my above suggestions... Or I guess you can go!

You going?? I always add shows to my tour as the tour progresses... but Bonnaroo is a lot more than adding a show.

If you go...have fun!

I hope it's excitement totally. :)
  • Options
    fuck it I think I'm going to wing it.........lol

not the smartest decision I ever made, but not the dumbest either
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    this thread is hilarious, I say go for it. I bet you can make it work.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    yah I got a tix from Atlantajammer for 125 bucks so you can't go wrong......now all I need is a place to sleep!!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    its been said a few times, but go for it, these guys are right we do live only once, and I dont regret a single one of my bad decisions.......
  • Options
    anyone want to hook me up with a place to crash................
  • Options
    mehitabelmehitabel Posts: 14
    Oxxys wrote:
    I do dumb shit when I'm drunk like buy things that I can kind of afford, but really shouldn't buy. Last night I got realllyyy wasted and bought a plane ticket to Nashville for tommorow night. FUCCK why do I do this. So, now I have to go to the roo.......ain't got no place to stay or no ride from nashville.....man this is going to be interesting. Oh yeah and no roo ticket yet. Did I mention I am poor. fuck

So I'm not the only drunk shopper! I'd help you out, man, but I'm poor too, and I live no where near Nashville. Good luck.
  • Options
    yeah its a problem I'm seeking help for it
  • Options
    Well I'm off to the roo. THank you everyone for the good advice............see you all on the otherside (speaking of hopefully they play that).

PEACE
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    yah I got a tix from Atlantajammer for 125 bucks so you can't go wrong......now all I need is a place to sleep!!!!
    Awesome bro...it worked out!
    You don't need to sleep, it's a looooooooooooong festival. ;)
  • Options
    ramborambo Posts: 170
    hahahaha thats pretty funny
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Even though they are most likely non-refundable tickets...you probably still have two options...

Actually, I'm about 99.9 percent sure they are refundable, if he bought them the night before.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Oxxys wrote:
    anyone want to hook me up with a place to crash................

get drunk again tonight, I'm sure you'll wind up with a 5-star hotel ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    In 2005, I woke up around 6 am one morning at my home in rural Missouri. Was bored. Knew PJ had just started their tour and was playing Hartford that night. By 6:20 I was out the door racing to catch a last minute flight 175 miles away. Made the flight, made the concert. Ended up costing me around $750. For a Hartford show.
    tacos