Options

Anyone ever catch one of Ed's tamborines?

2»

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,616
    Pegasus wrote:
    pretty young girls and some high energy guy (who half the time is some asshole pissing everyone around :() are generally a safe bet for getting one...or a kid in the front row, that's 200% safe bet.. Ed's predictable ;)

so what you're saying is that you're not pretty? ;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Pegasus wrote:
    yep, first 1 was Athens for sure!
    we ALL pointed at her when he got them out..I mean come on! she'd been at the barrier EVERY SINGLE shows and she hadn't got one!
    and whilst I was cheering her from the other side of the T-barrier for getting it he threw the next one to the guy right next to me!
    We took the tambourine on a tour of Athens the next day..it visited the Acropolis :D

I think he threw her one in Zagreb and some guy snatched it out of her hands, so he came down and grabbed a pick and grabbed her hand and closed her hand on the pick and said to her "this is for you" and then made sure she got the tambo at the next show in Athens.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    fuck in melbourne, i was 2 rows behind her and when he came and threw the tamb to her I couldnt see her but I knew it was her, after the show i jumped up there and she was leaning on the rail and i turned her around and she was crying her eyes out, i was just like uh wtf ?..mmm tears of joy... also in melbourne at the 3rd show he chucked one to the girl right in front of me. grrr.lol
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Pegasus wrote:
    she's got 2!!!

practically everyone I know had 1 actually! (I don't)
    I don't! :p Yet :cool:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    100 Pacer wrote:
    so what you're saying is that you're not pretty? ;)
    but I got a song :p
    I think he threw her one in Zagreb and some guy snatched it out of her hands, so he came down and grabbed a pick and grabbed her hand and closed her hand on the pick and said to her "this is for you" and then made sure she got the tambo at the next show in Athens.
    almost.. he didn't come down from the stage and didn't give her the pick hand in hand, the stage was too far for that (not too far for Mike to get me his shirt though ;)) .. but he got her the pick yeah when he realised there was no tambo left.
    then we reminded him about the tambo 4 days later :D..I hope it has a nice place in your home!
  • Options
    I don't! :p Yet :cool:
    you haven't?! I thought you had :(...well, you got Ed to shove your toy down his pants :o...ROFL!!
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    Pegasus wrote:
    LOL! well, you were there enough, you deserve one too!

I have to thank you for that. If you didn't tell the security guys that I should have been at the front of the line going in, I wouldn't have gotten one.

That said, Eddie still would have flirted with me during the show even if I wasn't at the front (he can find me 10-15 rows back, even in a dense fog).
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

almost.. he didn't come down from the stage and didn't give her the pick hand in hand, the stage was too far for that (not too far for Mike to get me his shirt though ;)) .. but he got her the pick yeah when he realised there was no tambo left.
    then we reminded him about the tambo 4 days later :D..I hope it has a nice place in your home!

Im actually looking at them right now.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

sandra....HOW dare you steal my moment from me!!!!!!! :P ...i havent been carrying that particular pick around in my wallet for the last 2 years if THE man wouldnt have put it directly into my hands....i remember exactly after he has realized that he chucked the tambo out to the wrong person he was looking all over the stage to find something he could give to me instead. after pulling the insides of his pockets out to nicely demonstrate he has ZERO, rick came running on stage to hand him a new pick....that he put right into my hands.

thats just like the silly brazilians that wanted to tell me that the 8 fingers he held up to me would mean he knew back in 2006 that PJ would tour SA/brazil in 2008. yeah right....lol

see ya soon....we'll go over the details in NYC with a nice pint ;P
    2006 :
    ASTORIA & COMPLETE EURO LEG & COMPLETE AUSSIE LEG

2008 :
    VANCOUVER 1&2; MSG 1&2; HARTFORD; MANSFIELD 1&2

2009:
    SEATTLE 1&2; VANCOUVER
  • Options
    no tamb. but i did catch Matt's drumstick once
  • Options
    Don QuijoteDon Quijote Posts: 75
    In Monterrey 2005, while playin' RITFW Ed walked by the side of the stage with the last tambourine, he went just walkin'... looking (with his drunk wondering eyes)... I was in front row, he kept lookin'... lookin'... we made eye contact... and he skipped me. Well, I am a guy, I would give it to a girl too if I was him... dam, I should've worn more eye shadow and that skirt that goes with my skin tone, or maybe I just should've shaved.
    Alt-Wrong
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Pegasus wrote:
    she's got 2!!!

practically everyone I know had 1 actually! (I don't)
    Not everyone, Sandra. But if I get one, you can have it. I'm like the anti-collector. If Ed threw Boom off the stage and I caught him, you can have him, too.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Not everyone, Sandra. But if I get one, you can have it. I'm like the anti-collector. If Ed threw Boom off the stage and I caught him, you can have him, too.
    I don't want someone else's tambourine :p

but you CATCHING Boom?! :eek: he'd squeeze you like a bug!

Gitta, I have footage of this I'm pretty sure somewhere..I'll prove it ;)
    Can't wait to see you and finally meet the hubby! 18 months it too bloody long! :(
  • Options
    I didn't catch one, but he did lean over, hand me one and spoke to me.

does that count? :)
    I thought I thought the world
    turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    100 Pacer wrote:
    both tamborines were obtained at Grand Rapids/06, the only 2 tossed out,...Ed tossed the slightly smashed tamborine to me and the new tamborine (which Ed used to wipe all the sweat off his face lol) to my brother, and both were signed at the Toronto International Film Festival just prior to the "Body of War" premiere in Sept/07:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine004.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine005.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine006.jpg

Thats cool as shit!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I have one from Copenhagen last year on my birthday :) I still get an instant smile on me face when I think of that moment... luckily all the people around me were good friends so knew better than to try and take... it was cos of all them I got it anyway :) . I still laugh and cringe slightly when I remember how retarded I became... I didn't know I had it in me :D . We all did pretty well... the girl on my left (Einat) got Mikes jacket and the girl on my right (Babs) got Mike's Tshirt :)

My tambo's hanging over my bed so I can just look up at it and smile :) and it smiles right back at me every time... such unconditional love between me and that tambo... it doesn't ask for anything!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Amazing stories everyone :) I wish I'd catch something someday.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    boomhauerboomhauer Posts: 88
    At WPB '03 I Had my hands on this one, but as you can see, the other guy won... I took the pic for him, and told him where to download it, since he didn't have a camera with him.

http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/030411-WPB/wpb24.jpg

on a sorta related note, I had my hands on one of John Popper's Harmonicas but lost out on that one too... one of these days I'll get something.
    9/22-23/1998 8/9-10,12/2000 4/11-13/2003 10/8/2004 6/11-12,28,30/2008 8/12/2009 9/3-4/2011 10/11-12/2013

if [ "Eli was in the grasP in '08" = "true" ]; then
    Brady Fumbled in '01
    fi
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Ed gave me one :) Handed it to me in Vienna last summer.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I have one from Copenhagen last year on my birthday :) I still get an instant smile on me face when I think of that moment... luckily all the people around me were good friends so knew better than to try and take... it was cos of all them I got it anyway :) . I still laugh and cringe slightly when I remember how retarded I became... I didn't know I had it in me :D . We all did pretty well... the girl on my left (Einat) got Mikes jacket and the girl on my right (Babs) got Mike's Tshirt :)

My tambo's hanging over my bed so I can just look up at it and smile :) and it smiles right back at me every time... such unconditional love between me and that tambo... it doesn't ask for anything!
    GIVE HER THE FUCKIN TAMBOURINE! IT'S HER BIRTHDAY?
    what?
    THE TAMBOURINE!
    what?
    BIRTHDAY!
    oh.

Hehehehe
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    finnannie wrote:
    Amazing stories everyone :) I wish I'd catch something someday.
    Careful what you wish for ;).....

Toronto '03 Molson Amphitheatre 6th show of thew tour for my wife and I.. We are 2nd row dead center. Ed throws out 2 tambourines during RITFW and my wife turns to me practically in tears. "Why doesn't he throw me one, I know he sees me and I'm wearing a Rock for Choice T-shirt?". I tell her they'll be out for another song, you never know. Sure enough they come out for Baba and I'm standing behind my wife. Ed has 2 more tambourines and as he scans the crowd I make eye contact with him and point down at my wife. He leans over and flips it right to her! Amy being highly athletic lets it hit her in the face before deciding to wrap her arms around the tambourine :)

It hangs on a wall in our basement right now.........
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I missed one by a Butt-hair in Portland on the 06' tour. If I was only 1 inch taller, I probably could've snagged it. :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    what?
    THE TAMBOURINE!
    what?
    BIRTHDAY!
    oh.

Hehehehe
    LOL.

and of course one of the other ones that day went to Pinon's son..who could rest his chin on the barrier :p..but that one was guaranteed from the moment she decided to take him to the show ;)
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hinny wrote:
    what?
    THE TAMBOURINE!
    what?
    BIRTHDAY!
    oh.

Hehehehe
    :D It did seem to go on for an awful long time! I was just relieved he finally spotted cos I was starting to feel silly :D and of course all that relief came flooding out in a wave of complete and utter... is there any word that fits how retarded I got? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you