YIELD is the best album ever, by any band, at any time.

Comments

• Chiiiild, please!

Its been 33 shows and Ive yet to hear Pilate (of Oceans) - hoping this 20th anniversary show or whatever settles this "issue" for me.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    I'm a massive Dave A fan but in my opinion the sound of the drums is impeccable on Yield. The tom sounds are just magic. It's like surround sound drums on Yield. Jack is the man.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I think it's a tie between Yield and Ten as their best. Yield is my favorite from PJ. But I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best album ever.

Everyone knows the best albums ever belong to The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and The Who.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Newch91 wrote:

Everyone knows the best albums ever belong to The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and The Who.

Probably true! I think it gets clearer and clearer every day though, that Pearl Jam are the one band outside the 60s and 70s who can compete with the greats of that era. :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tremors wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Probably true! I think it gets clearer and clearer every day though, that Pearl Jam are the one band outside the 60s and 70s who can compete with the greats of that era. :D
    Pearl Jam, U2, and Bruce are the only one's that can compete.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited March 2011
    Newch91 wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Pearl Jam, U2, and Bruce are the only one's that can compete.

If PJ can compete Radiohead, Black Crowes, Tool, Wilco, MMJ, Jack White and RHCP all deserve a mention. I'd probably include STP, Soundgarden Smashing Pumpkins, AIC with the next breath.

I
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • sawyerjamsawyerjam Posts: 140
    Now add My Morning Jacket and Wilco to the list and we're looking good.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    sawyerjam wrote:
    Now add My Morning Jacket and Wilco to the list and we're looking good.

done
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I would only add The Smiths and Radiohead! (oh, and Bruce)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    Easties wrote:
    I'm a massive Dave A fan but in my opinion the sound of the drums is impeccable on Yield. The tom sounds are just magic. It's like surround sound drums on Yield. Jack is the man.

Oh hell yeah, he's especially amazing on "Faithfull" and "In Hiding." The cymbal work on "In Hiding" is tremendously important in that song. Dave A. rules, and Matt is the absolute best guy they could have had these last 13 years, but we should never forget mighty Irons.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Your Crazy LOL
  • stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION. SORRY CHIIIIILD
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    happy belated 15th bday!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    fanch75 wrote:
    That is all. All in agreement, say "Chiiild, please."

Chiiild, please.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Yield may not be my absolute favorite but I am listening to the Yield 15th anniversary special. I am guilty of not listening to this masterpiece for a while. It is a very special, amazing album. Maybe my second favorite behind vs.
    Weary is the mind of one stuck in repetition
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Chiiiiild, please.

And I'll throw in a complimentary eyeball roll.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • For me it's Ten, followed very very closely by vs. Don't get me wrong though, Yield is brilliant
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I would have disagreed with this until my No Code/Yield Super Deluxe Edition arrived. Holy shit these vinyls sound amazing!!! And the bonus material just makes it even that much better, right??! Sooooo worth the wait...I love you Yield!!!
  • CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    agree 100%
    ctd
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    YIELD!!!
    YIELD
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    PhillyPJ said:
    YIELD

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    No Code has always been my favorite.  Also partial to Riot Act.  Yield is pretty good too though.  Lol.  Ten not too shabby either.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
    I know it’s MY favorite album of all time! Best produced PJ album IMO and some of my favorite songs ever (In Hiding, Wishlist, MFC, etc). Even love the b-sides! Long live Yield!!!
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    ddeschler said:
    No Code has always been my favorite.  Also partial to Riot Act.  Yield is pretty good too though.  Lol.  Ten not too shabby either.

Yield was my gateway to No Code.   Like many other people I didn't know what to make of No Code when it first came out.  I gave it a few listens then stopped listening to it for a while.   Yield on the other hand, I loved it from the first second I heard given to fly. Played the shit out of the given to fly single cd, and love the album from the first playthrough.

I went back and revisited No Code after that and fell in love with it too... but Yield's the album that turned me from fan to superfan :)  That and the Missoula '98 show :)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    That 98 tour is still my favorite.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mcgruff10 said:
    That 98 tour is still my favorite.  
    Five of the finest albums in existence making up those sets?! PJ reached a new level on that tour for sure. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Zod said:
    ddeschler said:

Yield was my gateway to No Code.   Like many other people I didn't know what to make of No Code when it first came out.  I gave it a few listens then stopped listening to it for a while.   Yield on the other hand, I loved it from the first second I heard given to fly. Played the shit out of the given to fly single cd, and love the album from the first playthrough.

I went back and revisited No Code after that and fell in love with it too... but Yield's the album that turned me from fan to superfan :)  That and the Missoula '98 show :)
    Same...my first PJ album purchase was Vitalogy.  I bought NC, listened a few times then kind of forgot about it.  Yield made me a superfan.

I really did the same thing with Binaural/Riot Act too.  Kind of forgot about them and then they became my favorites.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    YIELD
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    PhillyPJ said:
    YIELD