Options

We are some lucky fuckers

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Just think about it.

Compare PJ and the 10c to any other band.

We are some lucky fuckers.
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I agree, I was able to get some shows, but not all. I am happy though. I am glad I got the chance.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Couldn't agree more.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    vluggagevluggage Posts: 69
    I completely agree. I only tried for one night and I was unable to score tickets. Even with that, I still want to give thanks to the 10C for providing the opportunity to get tickets.
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Absolutely.

And i have absolutely nothing to complain about...i've gotten pretty much every show i've ever wanted from the 10C.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    real lucky
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    lucky, indeed :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    couldn't agree more...

thank you pj, thank you tenclub, thank you to all the people who work to keep it going
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    The best hands down!!!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    hatnhamhatnham Oak Ridge, NJ Posts: 35
    Absofuckinglutely!!!!!!
    4/17/94, 9/29/96, 9/10/98, 8/7/00, 8/24/00, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/12/08, 6/27/08, Ed solo 8/5/08, 10/27/09,5/18/10,10/22/13,5/1/16
  • Options
    amen, bro. from most of the messages on thsi board, though, you'd also have to say: we're some truly whiney fuckers ... we're some truly spoiled fuckers ... and we're some truly impatient fuckers. but i guess it all comes from love. somehow.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    bang on that man
  • Options
    I agree...very lucky!!!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,124
    Yep, very lucky.

Though, I wish they would raise the membership fee.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Just think about it.

Agreed 100%. There are a lot of band fanclubs out there, but none hold a candle to what PJ and 10club do for us.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    i_am_minei_am_mine Posts: 53
    i've always felt lucky to be a pearl jam fan. i hear so many great stories about people meeting the band and how nice they are to them. they are a band that truly cares and they along with ten club absolutely take care of the fans. i think this was mentioned in another thread but on the picture in a frame dvd when mike is outside the hotel with the fans signing autographs he makes sure everyone is taken care of before he leaves. thats very cool id say!
  • Options
    Agreed. I am also a huge Tool fan and I can't stand that every show I go to corporate goons are down in the front of the show....and the real fans are in the back. I don't know why they don't change that.
  • Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Just think about it.

Here here! Couldn't have said it better myself
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I <3 Pearl Jam and their fan club.

I feel for the 10c though... damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Some people need to realize that everyone is human.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,124
    Agreed. I am also a huge Tool fan and I can't stand that every show I go to corporate goons are down in the front of the show....and the real fans are in the back. I don't know why they don't change that.

This is the #1 best thing about the 10C...the fans sit close! Without a doubt the best idea and execution EVER!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 229
    Agreed. I tried for both DC shows yesterday and didn't get tickets for either. Even after hopelessly clicking away for an hour and a half yesterday and then staying late at work last night to catch up on what I didn't accomplish during the day, I still say we are lucky. For those like me who tried but didn't get tickets, it is too bad, but at least we had an opportunity.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i absolutely consider myself to be a lucky fucker, even if my obsession with the band does border on the unhealthy edge ;)
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Just think about it.

Radiohead/Waste, its free and ive never been shutout of front 4rows or closer ever.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    cash wrote:
    Radiohead/Waste, its free and ive never been shutout of front 4rows or closer ever.

the difference with radiohead is that it is a complete clusterfuck to get tickets, since anyone is allowed to buy them, and scalpers can scoff em up. i've never gotten thru for rh.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Just think about it.

TRU DAT. I was talking to my dad's friend and his daughter who are fan club members for some older bands like the rolling stones, bruce springsteen, etc. Fan club membership is $100, and you get nose bleed seats you still have to pay an arm and a leg for. Even my mom, who knows nothing about rock music "it seems like Pearl Jam really cares about their fans."
  • Options
    couldnt agree more - just imagine if you had to compete with the public for every show with no chance at 10c seats
    9/1/2000 - E-Centre, Camden, 'Sometimes' started and I was hooked...
  • Options
    the difference with radiohead is that it is a complete clusterfuck to get tickets, since anyone is allowed to buy them, and scalpers can scoff em up. i've never gotten thru for rh.

they dont tell you onsale times, so diehards get tix since those people stay up for 24hrs (me included). Yes scalpers get tix, but scalpers get 10club tickets also, and tenclub ticket buying is a clusterfuck too.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    cash wrote:
    Radiohead/Waste, ive never been shutout of front 4rows or closer ever.

But damn straight others have been!

Do they cry that "you guys" don't rock out hard enough?

Do they whine and complain about EVERYTHING???

Just curious.....

OMG!! Could you imagine if Pearl Jam didn't give us onsale times???

Holy crap!

People would be literally stroking out they'd be so pissed!!!
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    But damn straight others have been!

Do they cry that "you guys" don't rock out hard enough?

Do they whine and complain about EVERYTHING???

Just curious.....

its my opinion that PJ fans and Radiohead fans are the whiniest bitchiest fans on the planet. But fans of the bands are just spoiled with great music, amazing live shows and great seats.
  • Options
    loladog1loladog1 Posts: 89
    All we hear on the board is complaining!!
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    cash wrote:
    they dont tell you onsale times, so diehards get tix since those people stay up for 24hrs (me included). Yes scalpers get tix, but scalpers get 10club tickets also, and tenclub ticket buying is a clusterfuck too.

nah, not to the extent of radiohead lol. trust me, i've monitored for radiohead seats too as a big fan -- that doesn't stop the fact that the site is logjammed with people preventing even diehards from getting in by the time some idiot posts it everywhere that they're on sale. scalpers don't get tickets at all 99 percent of the time for PJ as there is a system in place where the 10c member has to be present to pick up tickets on the day of the show only. radiohead lets anyone in the world get at em, and ships them out before the show, essentially letting scalpers reap the profits. no doubt they set aside amazing seats, but in terms of the better system for priority seats, 10c wins by a landslide.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II