Options

We are some lucky fuckers

2»

Comments

• Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    10 club is awesome.
    I would even go so far as to say the PRICES through ten club are great. Tickets are reasonable compared to most other big bands, boots are available quickly and cheaply, EV tix are cheap compared to other bands that play these venues. They COULD charge a hell of a lot more for everything and make shitloads of money but they don't.
    Once again, I say - Niel Young at Massey Hall, Toronto last year, tickets started at $200+ on his own website - and I'm sure he wasn't making a tonn of profit even at that price- It takes a lot to pay the roadies, band, travel, gas and food for all, minus the fee for playing at the venue - I'll bet Eddie is treating his crew and family well on this solo tour but not making a lot of cash for himself at the end of it.
    That being said, I was looking at some old Grateful Dead ticket stubs I have from 1989 - tickets were $19.50 (in an 80,000 seat stadium mind you)

Anyway
    Thanks 10 club you do an awesome job and it's always improving.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    radiohead lets anyone in the world get at em, and ships them out before the show, essentially letting scalpers reap the profits. no doubt they set aside amazing seats, but in terms of the better system for priority seats, 10c wins by a landslide.

I was wondering that.

By not shipping the tix ahead of time PJ makes sure 99% of the best tickets in the venue remain in the hands of the fans without getting filtered through a maze of scalpers each adding $ to the price of the ticket.

Bet it would be "easier" to mail them out.

Let's hope that in the future they keep the ticketing system very close to what it is now.

Viva La10c! :);)
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    nah, not to the extent of radiohead lol. trust me, i've monitored for radiohead seats too as a big fan -- that doesn't stop the fact that the site is logjammed with people preventing even diehards from getting in by the time some idiot posts it everywhere that they're on sale. scalpers don't get tickets at all 99 percent of the time for PJ as there is a system in place where the 10c member has to be present to pick up tickets on the day of the show only. radiohead lets anyone in the world get at em, and ships them out before the show, essentially letting scalpers reap the profits. no doubt they set aside amazing seats, but in terms of the better system for priority seats, 10c wins by a landslide.

I agree. And Radiohead doesn't tell anyone the times that tickets go on sale, which works out well if they release them at 3am, but for the most recent let of the tour there were fans that stayed up all night waiting only to see them go on sale at 9am when the scalpers where comfortably at work with their computers on...

I do think that 10c could've allowed more members to see the EV tour by offering single tickets, though. With larger venues that's a logistical nightmare, but for these smaller shows I think it probably could've been do-able...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    DeLukin wrote:
    I agree. And Radiohead doesn't tell anyone the times that tickets go on sale, which works out well if they release them at 3am, but for the most recent let of the tour there were fans that stayed up all night waiting only to see them go on sale at 9am when the scalpers where comfortably at work with their computers on...

They made it easier last tour for sure. Tour before I got tix at 345am or something like that
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This is the #1 best thing about the 10C...the fans sit close! Without a doubt the best idea and execution EVER!!

Very very true. And when you see what they have to do to make this happen, and get it right 99.99% of the time, it appears to be a daunting task. I'd see through the ticket window, those trays of envelopes with everyone's names on them, IN ORDER, with the right tickets in them 99.99% of the time. That takes a lot of time and care. They don't have to do all that. Yes we are lucky.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Hell Yeah! Thanks!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Love teh 10c . Neve rhad a problem and at least it isnt ran like the Bon Jovi one they are all fucked up. Nothing but great memories from all the 10 c has given me.
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    cash wrote:
    Radiohead/Waste, its free and ive never been shutout of front 4rows or closer ever.

Also Waste will email your seat location in advance and then mail your tickets. I have never had to stay up for 24 hours for radiohead tickets...
    Guess I have been lucky...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    pateljam wrote:
    Also Waste will email your seat location in advance and then mail your tickets. I have never had to stay up for 24 hours for radiohead tickets...
    Guess I have been lucky...

Ive used the webpage alarm also. The hail to the thief tour waste tix went onsale at like 4am central. So you need to be on your shit at times, this tour, not so much, 755am central they went onsale.
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    bump for the 10club i am grateful for EVERYTHING they do for us! 25 bux or 30 bux a year is peanuts compared to other bands fan clubs and we get treated better with boots, tickets a cuple news letters etc...... 10club isn't perfect but atleast they try!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    bump for the 10club i am grateful for EVERYTHING they do for us! 25 bux or 30 bux a year is peanuts compared to other bands fan clubs and we get treated better with boots, tickets a cuple news letters etc...... 10club isn't perfect but atleast they try!

they've always been very nice to me- if I've had any questions or problems they always get right back to me and they are very reasonable at resolving issues.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bang on that man

so quitchabitchin!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    fuckin A! ten club is the best!
    i post this everytime i see one of these threads. i'm sure you have seen me post this before........
    but i'm gonna do it again anyway. :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/eddie/4.jpg
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    yea I'm pissed that I have to go after tickets on ticketmaster but fuck the people who are blaming in on the Ten Club. The whole ticket availability thing is ticketmasters fault anyways... and if I remember correctly, there was this band that started a war with ticketmaster a while back. Anyone remember who that band was?

Ten Club and Pearl Jam are the shit and fuck anyone who complains about ANYTHING they do.
  • Options
    mnicole22mnicole22 Posts: 417
    I <3 10c and Pearl Jam.

money well spent!
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    10C is the best. I didn't get tix and I'm sad but I know it's not their fault. I can't think of any other band that has such a great opportunity through its fanclub. My husband is a concert promoter and has worked for many of the big promoters in Chicago - Jam included. Even the owner of Jam Productions can't get the best seats because it's reserved for the fanclub - which is sooo rare and amazing!

Thanks 10C for keeping it together and giving us the best!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Thanks 10C!