Options

Kenyon hall poster, $200 is it worth it?

arqarq Posts: 7,940
edited October 2008 in The Porch
almost 200 bucks for a Kenyon Hall, Is it worth it? I would like to know you think, I'm about to buy one but I want the poster expertise of my fellow Jammers

Ok I know the value as a special moment but what about the artistic side of the poster?

Well since i posted this thread a couple of hours earlier today i bought the poster, or t least i sent the payment.

Thanks to "To Whom It May Concern"
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me if the condition is good. I am sure someone will agree with me....Good luck! :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/76804

Maybe a few bucks more than what they have been going for. I love this poster and for me, $20 extra wouldn't keep me from buying it.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Sounds in line with the average...I have seen a few go for much more. If it is a reliable trade partner, it is worth just pulling the trigger (in my humble opinion)
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    thats the average price for the poster..if you have the money then buy it but I wouldnt stretch the pocket for it
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I've spent more on MUCH uglier posters ;)

I say go for it. It's a beautiful poster!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,813
    I hate to say it, but yes it is. Some asshole on ebay is selling it for nearly $900!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    yes
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    art is supply and demand, but if it's worth it to you then get it. I have a feeling this poster will only go up in price though...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    I love to read the answers of my fellow Jammer, you're as crazy and obsesive as me!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i love the poster, go for it!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    how do you little buggers have hundreds to spend on posters in this economy? I wonder if anyone has ever spent so much on posters that they couldn't afford to purchase tickets to see that band on tour.
    model role model
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    no, not unless you were at the show, imo, as it isn't even an appealing poster interms of design and graphics. For example the image of ed in the army helmet is old (even if it is a new take on an old image/another time in ed's career) and heck with the glowing eyes it reminds me of the Creatures of the night album by kiss. Sure that is fine for a metal/rock band but for ed?

hey...imo. You are free to do whatever you like...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    If you got the coin and can afford it, get it. The reality is the posters are likely never going to come down in price, unlike our economy.
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    I have one and would sell it for $200 in heartbeat. I just have no room to frame it. I bought mine off of ebay for $200 when they first came out and it was a great deal. I really like the print but just don't see myself framing it. If you are interested PM me. I have plenty of feedback. It is dead mint.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003

image 8 of this poster has a bad ass frame job, i wasn't planning on hanging mine up but this frame job is sweet looking
    i like sound...
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358

image 8 of this poster has a bad ass frame job, i wasn't planning on hanging mine up but this frame job is sweet looking

That is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

While I was looking at that pic, I saw in the background on EB that one just sold for $300, so $200 isn't bad. Grab it now before prices go up. Especially since the holidays are coming and almost everything goes up in price on the bay.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,016
    200 is not a bad deal...However you can get an AP for just a lil' more....

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    200 is not a bad deal...However you can get an AP for just a lil' more....

Muddy

Tell me where to find one and i'll take a look, please PM
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    arq wrote:
    Tell me where to find one and i'll take a look, please PM
    The AP really isn't worth the extra $. I have both and I don't notice any difference.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    Wait a bit. With a falling economy, so too will poster values.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I don't know about $200. I really like the poster. i think it is a badass looking poster. And I was at the show and bought one there. So it has special meaning to me. Plus, it is the only poster listing the stated ticket price of $5. Pretty unique all the way around and what a memorable night it was (the second night at Kenyon). Shout out to those who got in free at Kenyon Hall with me!!!
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,016
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Qball wrote:
    The AP really isn't worth the extra $. I have both and I don't notice any difference.

May look same, but value better on AP
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    Do it. The print is beautiful. One of my favorites of all-time

Just had it framed about a month ago and it was worth every cent

BKKH2.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome! It looks very nice framed! I'll do the same with mine when I receive it!!!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson