2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    They play punk and hardcore because they are untalented. If they could play the blues, they would.

Look, I'm just busting your chops a little bit. I still can't fathom anyone thinking guitar solos are boring, but a punk band playing the same three chords over and over are killer.

Sorry, I don't care for many "three chord" punk bands.

Like I said.. I think Mike is the weak link. I listen to something like the 12-4-1996 Rome show or the shows Ed did with C-Average in 1999 and PRAY he would do more stuff like that.
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    Wow!!!! I don't know what else to say.
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757

Like I said.. I think Mike is the weak link. I listen to something like the 12-4-1996 Rome show or the shows Ed did with C-Average in 1999 and PRAY he would do more stuff like that.

And I thought all the crazy people on this forum were relegated to the Moving Train.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Some of them get really good and learn a fourth, eh?
  • Options
    And I thought all the crazy people on this forum were relegated to the Moving Train.

Right... because god forbid someone on the board not think Mike is great.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Stone is the gut.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I like many guitar solos, but just because you don't like solos doesn't mean you don't like 'guitar' music or rock music. Last night on ACL the guitarist for R.E.M. said he doesn't like solos.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options

now you're getting it ....
  • Options
    I can understand not enjoying indulgent guitar solos... I can't understand enjoying a PJ show if you don't enjoy indulgent guitar solos.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    I can understand not enjoying indulgent guitar solos... I can't understand enjoying a PJ show if you don't enjoy indulgent guitar solos.

The only two songs that it annoys me during is Evenflow and Ledbetter. Those drive me nuts.

Everything else I can deal with since I tend to focus on other things. Ed or Matt, for example.
  • Options
    The only two songs that it annoys me during is Evenflow and Ledbetter. Those drive me nuts.

Everything else I can deal with since I tend to focus on other things. Ed or Matt, for example.
    It takes all sorts, I guess.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    corduroy85corduroy85 Posts: 139
    I don't really care for any music that has guitar solos.

<cough> Nirvana geek.
    Don't go messing with machoes!
  • Options
    corduroy85 wrote:
    <cough> Nirvana geek.

Yeah, I hate everything about Nirvana.
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I don't care for his 80's rock stage antics.

I agree with you on this one - I've just been to afraid to say it. I love Mike, I love his playing and I think he's a perfect fit for the band. I just don't see why people love how he jumps around and goes apeshit on stage. Sure, it's fun to watch, but I can't count the number of times I've seen him deliver a sloppy solo, miss some key notes, or just plain not play as good because he feel the need to jump and kick and windmill and point and spin.

I fucking love Stone. I may or may not have crush on him. God I love him.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08