Options

Found a technical problem with the CD boots...

2»

Comments

• Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    At this point, I've tried 4 different car stereos, and the cd's got stuck multiple times on each. And I understand your point about making a copy, but think about how ridiculous that sounds. I just paid full retail price for a cd I can't even use!!!!???That's just plain wrong, and totally unacceptable. We may all be fans, but we are also customers. I've made the 10C aware of the problem via e-mail. I'm awaiting a response. I know that it's not their fault, but I'm sure they would want to know about any problems.

Cool - just making sure you knew the option. You have a legitimate gripe, and one the 10c would probably like to know about.

I know that homemade burned CDs I've made in the past would have problems in some auto-eject CD players, like in many cars. The thickness of the paper and the glossy surface would catch. If I had to guess, the company the 10c outsourced to manufacture these discs wanted to keep production costs down and didn't lightscribe the CDs.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Well that sucks. At first I thought "Fuck this, I'm getting a real disc if I order the boots." But now, I think I'm just going to do the downloads instead. Doesn't make sense to have the disc if it's of such poor quality.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    So you are saying that they f'd up my seat location by about 60 rows in camden so I couldn't even see the band and now when I get my CD I won't be able to play it in my car. I think if they are going to keep raising the 10 club price they better start getting their $hit together over there.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Fuck all of these problems with sound quality and not physical issues. Just allow people to tape again. Have a tapers row or something like Metallica had in the 90's.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    Williedog wrote:
    Why did Pearl Jam decide to go all cheap on this CD shit, I order my boots almost a month ago and still nothing....The 00 and 03 boots were so much better than what im hearing about these new cds.

FLAC is the way to go. cheaper, equal sound quality as CD's, and no skipping!!!
  • Options
    Got a response from 10C. They referred me over to the Kufala website. I'll let you know when I hear back.
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    was it all the cd's? I just tried #2 and no prob.
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    I got Virginia Bch., Columbia, and Bonnaroo in the mail today. Will listen and report.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    Believe me, this is killing me that I have to be 'that guy', but a cheap homemade-looking label that gets caught in my stereo EVERY SINGLE time I try and eject it!!?? So, I can ONLY listen to the actual disc in a tray-type cd player? Come on...

fair point, I wasnt having a go at you personally,

but theres been so much whining recently about the bootlegs its getting beyond a joke, it does make me wonder why some people keep buying the stuff....

Seriosuly though your complaint seems genuine, so good luck in sorting it, its all the others like the stickers arnt as good as the 2000 and 2003 ones, or why cant they be pressed? etc etc, we knew this before ordering, my only point is if thats a problem dont buy them. personally I find the 10 pound price tag rather a bargain, considering we can pay that for a lame studio album in the Uk that has two hits and the rest filler