Options

Found a technical problem with the CD boots...

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I'm not sure if it's the thickness of the printed label, or if it's just getting hung up, but my Roo cd has gotten stuck every single time I try and eject it from my car stereo. I had to jam a credit card in there and help it out. And it's not just my stereo(factory). I work at a GM dealership, and I tried the discs in 3 other cars, and they got stuck every single time. It ended up scratching the shit out of the label. I've had this problem in the past with those make your own label programs. The paper is just too thick. Sometimes a light coat of car wax or something a bit slippery will help, but one time I had to take my stereo apart to get my band's demo out. I'm going to quick upload it to my ipod, put the discs away, and notify the 10C. Just a head's up...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nobody else has noticed this? I'm up to 5 different car stereos, and it got stuck on every single one. Maybe my label is just extra thick?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    Do you have any other boots from 08? Maybe it was just a screw-up with that disc.

I'll be able to tell you when I get mine in the mail
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i had problems with camden 2. it's not recognized in itunes and the label on the case is wrong...shows better man on disc one instead of two. obviously not big deals, but still...
  • Options
    Try your boots in the car when you get them. With a factory stereo, the label is going to get hung up when you eject.
  • Options
    Try your boots in the car when you get them. With a factory stereo, the label is going to get hung up when you eject.
    oh, wait- I don't have a factory stereo- it's Pioneer
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I've had trouble playing them on my computer. I've had to try several players, but itunes was especially bad with skipping. They all seem play fine in my car though and on my husband's computer, so I just assumed it was a problem with my computer.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    as far as i can read, the 2008 CD "so-called Official" bootlegs are a farce. And danm it i ordered 6. at least the money goes to the band..

is pearl jam trying to kil itself? or just sticking it to the fans that knew all the songs but didn't buy the avocado?!?!... i fucking bought it!! so now I have to suffer?...
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    wolfbear wrote:
    I've had trouble playing them on my computer. I've had to try several players, but itunes was especially bad with skipping.

thats not good
  • Options
    I'm going to try it in my girl's truck. I put a Sony sound system in it. I want to see if it gets stuck in there. Stupid cheap labels...
  • Options
    Both my car, 07 Murano, and my laptop, 07 Macbook worked fine. I did notice the crappy ink wearing away the first time I ejected it out of the laptop. But, damn it if I don't notice any audible defections like people are reporting. I think it sounds great and loud!
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    WilliedogWilliedog Posts: 43
    Why did Pearl Jam decide to go all cheap on this CD shit, I order my boots almost a month ago and still nothing....The 00 and 03 boots were so much better than what im hearing about these new cds.
  • Options
    Both my car, 07 Murano, and my laptop, 07 Macbook worked fine. I did notice the crappy ink wearing away the first time I ejected it out of the laptop. But, damn it if I don't notice any audible defections like people are reporting. I think it sounds great and loud!

There aren't any audible imperefections as far as I can tell, it's just the whole ejecting the disc thing. It would have been better if there wasn't a label on the disc at all. The only time it's going to be an issue is with the slot style cd players, the tray type will be fine.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    woohoo, so by your accounts it'll work fine on my 07 macbook!
    how like a mac, to succeed :D;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    These boots sound like more problems than they are worth. I got a shipping confirmation for Camden 1 a week ago and it's still not here. I'm starting to regret even ordering the discs after reading all of these problems.
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    I'm not sure if it's the thickness of the printed label, or if it's just getting hung up, but my Roo cd has gotten stuck every single time I try and eject it from my car stereo. I had to jam a credit card in there and help it out. And it's not just my stereo(factory). I work at a GM dealership, and I tried the discs in 3 other cars, and they got stuck every single time. It ended up scratching the shit out of the label. I've had this problem in the past with those make your own label programs. The paper is just too thick. Sometimes a light coat of car wax or something a bit slippery will help, but one time I had to take my stereo apart to get my band's demo out. I'm going to quick upload it to my ipod, put the discs away, and notify the 10C. Just a head's up...
    My WPB cd wont play in my top cd player ( I have 4 stacked 2 and 2) it will only play in the bottom. Stereo is brand new and all other cds play no problem. That and the degraded sound quality of my WPB boot leaves me feeling a little robbed. But I don't know who to blame. It's a shame, though, I'm pretty disappointed.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    My WPB cd wont play in my top cd player ( I have 4 stacked 2 and 2) it will only play in the bottom. Stereo is brand new and all other cds play no problem. That and the degraded sound quality of my WPB boot leaves me feeling a little robbed. But I don't know who to blame. It's a shame, though, I'm pretty disappointed.

Yeah, for $16.99 plus shipping, we really shouldn't be having any of these concerns. I wouldn't care if they were $5 burned discs....
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I should get my first 4 today or tommorrow... I will let you know how they play...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    I should get my first 4 today or tommorrow... I will let you know how they play...
    Yeah, definitely let us know. I'm going to e-mail the 10C and make them aware of the concerns...
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Maybe they thought they would have gotton better quality on their Cd's from the company they hired to make them...At least for the price they are charging... I myself don't care about paying $17 for each CD...I just want them to be flawless...Like store bought...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Maybe they thought they would have gotton better quality on their Cd's from the company they hired to make them...At least for the price they are charging... I myself don't care about paying $17 for each CD...I just want them to be flawless...Like store bought...
    I agree 100%. I'm not complaining about the price, but if we're expected to pay 'professional' prices, don't give us 'amateur' quality.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    i'll keep an open mind and judge for myself once they arrive in the uk...

remember people will always find something to complain at
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i'll keep an open mind and judge for myself once they arrive in the uk...

remember people will always find something to complain at
    Believe me, this is killing me that I have to be 'that guy', but a cheap homemade-looking label that gets caught in my stereo EVERY SINGLE time I try and eject it!!?? So, I can ONLY listen to the actual disc in a tray-type cd player? Come on...
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    I think they chose the wrong company to do the work. That's all.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I think they chose the wrong company to do the work. That's all.
    If this was happening at a normal retail store you could return it for a full refund. I wonder if that's an option with 10c?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    Believe me, this is killing me that I have to be 'that guy', but a cheap homemade-looking label that gets caught in my stereo EVERY SINGLE time I try and eject it!!?? So, I can ONLY listen to the actual disc in a tray-type cd player? Come on...

How many times have you tried? After a couple, wouldn't you just make a copy of the CD, not put a label on it and use that in your car?

Sounds like a simple remedy to your issue.
  • Options
    How many times have you tried? After a couple, wouldn't you just make a copy of the CD, not put a label on it and use that in your car?

BUT you shouldn't have to do that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

Well, some folks buy the CD to listen to. I understand that burning the disk is this individual's option, but what if he doesn't have a CD burner?

In no situation should you buy a CD only to have to burn a copy of it to listen to it. They were able to provide better quality CD's in 2003. I guess the volume isn't there to make money on it, or their contacts with SONY are gone.
  • Options

At this point, I've tried 4 different car stereos, and the cd's got stuck multiple times on each. And I understand your point about making a copy, but think about how ridiculous that sounds. I just paid full retail price for a cd I can't even use!!!!???That's just plain wrong, and totally unacceptable. We may all be fans, but we are also customers. I've made the 10C aware of the problem via e-mail. I'm awaiting a response. I know that it's not their fault, but I'm sure they would want to know about any problems.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    damn i just bought Roo and Tampa and i have a factory stereo in my car, this should be fun ;)
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I've had no problems in my factory car stereo yet after many ejections. Computer either. hmm
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”