11/3/95 - Eastern Creek, Sydney
    12/3/98 - Sydney
    8 & 9/2/03 - Brisbane
    7/11/06 - Sydney
    11/11/06 - Brisbane
    14/11/06 - Melbourne
    19/11/06 - Newcastle
  • Options
    Kind of a gradual thing with me...as I had a couple of the old albums, but bought Yield when I was like 14, so I think that was a big step.

Then, I really got into the boots and everything around my first year in college. But still didn't see them live until I was 23...now, try to see them at every opportunity.
  • Options
    stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Massachusetts Posts: 76
    19 in '91. I remember being at a party in college and "Alive" was playing and I was loving it. Dancing around like a fool with my flannel shirt flying. :)
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • Options
    mr orionmr orion Posts: 61
    I was 16 when I first heard Pearl Jam, and remember listening to porch and thought what the f#*k is this. I had been listening to alot of stadium rock, so I was suprised when I heard something I could relate to.I didn't buy ten, but really got into the band during the vs era, and still think vs is a better record.
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    around 5. My brother bought Alive and played it all the time.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    bwrightbwright Posts: 28
    age 14, 8th grade, 1992
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509

pretty rare for a young teen girl huh? ;)

i kick ass!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    All of 7 in 92 and rocking since
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    14... back in 1998

My older sis was into PJ back then (when PJ started)...so I've always heard PJ's music around the house but didn't get into them until Yield was released.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    jwoodcockjwoodcock Posts: 22
    At 16 ten came out and it played at every party or cruising around trip we went on. We also listened to Dr. Dre equally. When Vs. came out it was a workout tape. When vitology came out it was the college party scene. I was still a fan from 96-2000, but I listened mostly to bootlegs I obtained from seattle clubs from a member on my lacrosse team who fished on a boat in Seattle during the early days to get over a lost love. I really became fired up when I signed up for tenclub and started checking out five horizons and this site. 17 years as a fan. I think I was more fanatical about AIC and Soundgarden though.
  • Options
    Im still hereIm still here Posts: 826
    when Ten hit

bought every cd since, and any and all i can get my hands on

i was 22
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    25 in 1992
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Kegzy05Kegzy05 Posts: 93
    5 or 6 in '91

Obviously didnt have any money of my own then so i spent every afternoon in my brothers room listening to "Ten" on cd over and over.
    "I dont question, our existence
    I just question, our modern needs"
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I was 9 in 1991. My brother, 2 years older than I, introduced me to PJ.
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    Oxxys wrote:
    man some of you guys are old :)

man some of you guys are young :)

i love these threads (not the first one on this subject obviously) i always end up reading them the whole way thru and being astonished how everyone's experience of becoming a pj fan is so different...but so the same. whether you're 4 or 40, in 1991 or 2001... it's a funny thing.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    1996, I stole sum punk's CD's kases and saw Vs. inside. Den, stole a CD playr frum a nerd & play'd the CD. I was a big man on campus in high school!
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    in 91 i was 11! wasn't as hardcore of a fan till VS. came out. its amazing that it's been 17 years! never really thought of that till now. i wish i could have a "played count" for all the songs/albums that they have. would be interesting to see how many times i obsessively listened to VS and Yield :)
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    I was 20 years old and it was 1991. It was the first time JJJ (an Aussie radio station) played Alive. I was hooked from that very first listen and was immediately trying to find out all I could about PJ :D Have been obsessed every minute of my life since then :)
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    19. I am now 904.
  • Options
    bwordbword Posts: 74
    30 in 1993
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rRkBcPgv3c&feature=related

(he beats us all)

age 14 1992 alive friend's older brother (senior at the time) was playing it upstaits, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT i said. had already got nevermind as this was nirvana's year (song of the year) and the next year would be PJ's

same here - I mean at aged 14 one of my classmates showed me Alive and the Ten album...and the rest is just history for me:) Ten is still my favourite album ever made.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    11 in 2001
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    saw this thread and put on "When You Were Young" by the Killers...

i was 11 in 91. once i saw the "Alive" video i said to myself, "this is important". this is pre-Jermey vid FYI. been a fan ever since.

the Killers are fucking amazing FYI.
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    12 in 2000
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    14 in 1991. Good times.
  • Options
    given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485
    7-alive video-jeff with the funky hat
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    when i was 15
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    NeverNamed068NeverNamed068 Posts: 118
    I got into PJ when I was 14 in 2005. Listened to some PJ here and there, then decided to go and buy RVM GH.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    after graduating from college, i took a year off and went back to get another degree. can vividly remember lying in my bed on a late summer evening with the radio on, windows open and a toledo radio station played a new music thing that spotlighted new songs. i had heard jeremy, alive and even flow, but when the opening of "black" began, i was hooked for life.

pretty sure there is no other song in their catalog (world?) with that much emotion. to this day, that song will always take me back to a great time in my life.

listened to it a few times today while doing yard work...still gives me chills.
  • Options
    ozarkcoolchicozarkcoolchic Posts: 621
    I was 19 and it was 1991. I remember Ten and Nevermind being played over and over a my birthday party that year.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down