Options

Doesn't it feel like we all should be meeting up tonight?

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Been feeling this all day. No meet up b4 a show tonight. :( Last week I was somewhere in Utah driving to LA at this time. Just made it before bar time in LA for a few. Going out in a little bit for a few beers around here. Somehow I know it won't feel the same. Anybody having this ''what to do tonight feeling''? lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Us PJ fans should invest in a ghost town and all move into it.

Imagine a fully functional society based around PJ fandom...

We'd scare the fuck out of tourists, probably the band as well.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069

lol... brilliant idea.
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I'm in. Let's go.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    yep. but i feel horrible that i was sick attending the sb & la1 show's. still to this day i'm coughing. :( i missed the whole meeting up with pearl jam fans. fans that liked what i like. i meet some cool new friends at the pre-parties & the line to get thy 10club tickets, which i've been messaging online since the show's. it was place where i could relate. now i'm back here in halifax where i can't find that crowd. just sad & lonely once again. while my friends (well some of them) i can relate are out there .. i'm stuck here. :(

sorry for the rant. today didn't go so well. i might just say fuck everything and make a move. stop being somebody i can't and just start all over. start a new life. i don't know. FUCK! i need a drink!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    yep. but i feel horrible that i was sick attending the sb & la1 show's. still to this day i'm coughing. :( i missed the whole meeting up with pearl jam fans. fans that liked what i like. i meet some cool new friends at the pre-parties & the line to get thy 10club tickets, which i've been messaging online since the show's. it was place where i could relate. now i'm back here in halifax where i can't find that crowd. just sad & lonely once again. while my friends (well some of them) i can relate are out there .. i'm stuck here. :(

sorry for the rant. today didn't go so well. i might just say fuck everything and make a move. stop being somebody i can't and just start all over. start a new life. i don't know. FUCK! i need a drink!

No need to be sorry rant away. At least there is June to look forward too. The sun will rise again my friend.

Oh this is weird. The Real World on MTV just started and there in Hollywood. Too fucking weird right now. LOL
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    demetrios wrote:

MOVE TO LA.......MOVE TO LA!! Lots of us Pearl Jam nuts around!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Been feeling this all day. No meet up b4 a show tonight. :( Last week I was somewhere in Utah driving to LA at this time. Just made it before bar time in LA for a few. Going out in a little bit for a few beers around here. Somehow I know it won't feel the same. Anybody having this ''what to do tonight feeling''? lol

I feel the same way. I always feel kinda "homesick" for my PJ friends when all the fun is over......

• Options

I'd rather it be a private island in the Pacific instead of a ghost town!

If there are tourist.....then it must tourist season. That means we could use our glorified g's on them!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485

do we get 3 wives
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357

Along with regular pearl jam fans!!!!
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532

lol, there was a thread about this a couple 3 years ago, and it was great, everybody was adding their ideas, but it got locked and deleted for some reason. Probably scared the mods because it got far enough alone that it was structured, had societal rules, volunteers for different jobs, we would barter for goods, basic necessities would be shared for all. We had contruction people, blacksmith, doctors, vets, farmers, fun thread....

shall we start again?

I'm the techie, can set up a network, wired and/or wireless for the entire town, all our homes on one LAN, behind a firewall, set up a file server hosting every audio and video boot of any and all things PJ. Also be the township pc repair :D
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    I feel the same way. I always feel kinda "homesick" for my PJ friends when all the fun is over......

I was really sad driving back. Now its just a blah feeling.

I know that ''homesick'' feeling and it hurts so bad. :(
  • Options

lol, there was a thread about this a couple 3 years ago, and it was great, everybody was adding their ideas, but it got locked and deleted for some reason. Probably scared the mods because it got far enough alone that it was structured, had societal rules, volunteers for different jobs, we would barter for goods, basic necessities would be shared for all. We had contruction people, blacksmith, doctors, vets, farmers, fun thread....

shall we start again?

I'm the techie, can set up a network, wired and/or wireless for the entire town, all our homes on one LAN, behind a firewall, set up a file server hosting every audio and video boot of any and all things PJ. Also be the township pc repair :D

Did you restart the thread yet?

• Options
    I was really sad driving back. Now its just a blah feeling.

I know that ''homesick'' feeling and it hurts so bad. :(

you should NUMB that blah feeling!

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Am I the only one who prefers anonymity when attending PJ shows?

I have yet to physically meet any Pit member at a show (or anywhere, for that matter).

Not that I don't like most of you...I really do...but I kind of want to be invisible and let the music be my ONLY focus on show dates.

Does interacting with others really make the experience better?

(I ask that not out of criticism, but out of genuine curiosity. I've been thinking about changing my stance on this recently. I even *almost* showed up for one of the LA show pre-parties...)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

I have yet to physically meet any Pit member at a show (or anywhere, for that matter).

Not that I don't like most of you...I really do...but I kind of want to be invisible and let the music be my ONLY focus on show dates.

(I ask that not out of criticism, but out of genuine curiosity. I've been thinking about changing my stance on this recently. I even *almost* showed up for one of the LA show pre-parties...)

interesting. THIS.....exxxplains....SO MUCH.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    interesting. THIS.....exxxplains....SO MUCH.

How so?

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    How so?

This is VERY interesting..........as you see, a few of us LA pit members often wonder who the heck you are!! "Do you think that guy is 'Walkunafraid'?"
    Please, we don't bite.......we want to meet you. And yes, it makes my experience so much more fun. I get to see the joy of my friends when they hear some song they love..........it truly is amazing.

• Options
    How so?
    well, becuz a few of us have been wondering WHO is walkunafraid!!! i dont know, i guess cuz a bunch of us are actual frenz in real life from here and we like to hang out, go to shows, drink, the usual. And its always cool to add new people to the group. We've just never met you but have heard of shows where we are at when YOU are present. And it makes sense we've never met you becuz of your question/exxxplanation up there! :) AND exxxplains why no pre party last week!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    This is VERY interesting..........as you see, a few of us LA pit members often wonder who the heck you are!! "Do you think that guy is 'Walkunafraid'?"
    Please, we don't bite.......we want to meet you. And yes, it makes my experience so much more fun. I get to see the joy of my friends when they hear some song they love..........it truly is amazing.

omg! thats almost exxxactly what i just posted! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    omg! thats almost exxxactly what i just posted! :D

lmao..........WE EFFING RULE!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    lmao..........WE EFFING RULE!
    we do. thats why we should totally be hangin out more often with the local fans that we met recently!!!!

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

i agree completely, but as of now, at 1:07 am, i think a tad of us had a few shots/beers. Myself included. Nonetheless i agree and think PJ fans should form their own town!!! currently im listening to corduroy from my PDA's phone speakers!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    we do. thats why we should totally be hangin out more often with the local fans that we met recently!!!!

Sounds good to me......but not anyone over six foot five!!!!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Sounds good to me......but not anyone over six foot five!!!!
    um......no. unless he's.....in a town where ament is from. :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    um......no. unless he's.....in a town where ament is from. :D

FUCK YEAH............i'm familiar with someone from that town...........that seems to ROCK!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:

Did you restart the thread yet?

I meant that we start it here incognito like
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    well, becuz a few of us have been wondering WHO is walkunafraid!!! i dont know, i guess cuz a bunch of us are actual frenz in real life from here and we like to hang out, go to shows, drink, the usual. And its always cool to add new people to the group. We've just never met you but have heard of shows where we are at when YOU are present. And it makes sense we've never met you becuz of your question/exxxplanation up there! :) AND exxxplains why no pre party last week!

Aha...thanks for the clarification!

I suppose it would be fun to hang with some fellow PJ fans. God knows there are too few of those in my life!

I actually peeked into the window of the restaurant where the pre-party was being held during LA2, and it looked like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was standing in line for tickets, so I decided not to go in.

Next LA PJ show, though, I think I'll emerge from my shell and join you all for drink or two. It's worth a shot, and it's interesting to know that I'm speculated about.

On a sidenote, I did get the idea in my head at LA2 to ask the people around me if they were Pit members. Sounds like most of you were in the front section, though...I was in the front row of section 2, so I probably saw the back of your heads a lot. :D

• Options

the before and after yes I believe, you can still be focused on the music only during the shows.

Stop by:
  • Options
    Aha...thanks for the clarification!

I suppose it would be fun to hang with some fellow PJ fans. God knows there are too few of those in my life!

I actually peeked into the window of the restaurant where the pre-party was being held during LA2, and it looked like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was standing in line for tickets, so I decided not to go in.

Next LA PJ show, though, I think I'll emerge from my shell and join you all for drink or two. It's worth a shot, and it's interesting to know that I'm speculated about.

On a sidenote, I did get the idea in my head at LA2 to ask the people around me if they were Pit members. Sounds like most of you were in the front section, though...I was in the front row of section 2, so I probably saw the back of your heads a lot. :D

This pit member was in the balcony on night 1 and in the last row of the floor on night 2.
    We MUST meet you!