Options

Doesn't it feel like we all should be meeting up tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    the before and after yes I believe, you can still be focused on the music only during the shows.

:D I've spent time with you BEACHIE before and after........and even during........that crazy night you spouted off the song they'd open with at the Gorge.......and they DID!! Whoa..........then I disappeared......POOF!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    PJPixie wrote:
    :D I've spent time with you BEACHIE before and after........and even during........that crazy night you spouted off the song they'd open with at the Gorge.......and they DID!! Whoa..........then I disappeared......POOF!

we were worried about your drunk-ass that night, lol ... of course you were front row, dam U, U, U, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    we were worried about your drunk-ass that night, lol ... of course you were front row, dam U, U, U, lol

Missed you in LA and SD! We really gotta start this PJ town!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Missed you in LA and SD! We really gotta start this PJ town!

lol, not sure it would do so well, a lot of great PJ fans, but plenty of assinine one's also, but I'm game. Like the island idea, PJ Lord of the Flies, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
  • Options
    lol, not sure it would do so well, a lot of great PJ fans, but plenty of assinine one's also, but I'm game. Like the island idea, PJ Lord of the Flies, lol

yes, plenty of jerks that ruin it all............they should get their own Island........like shithead island!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    yes, plenty of jerks that ruin it all............they should get their own Island........like shithead island!

"Abbruzzese Island"

Stop by:
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the band is already scared of diehard fans. Because with all the passion, there is gotta be some weirdo stalkers among the crowd.

Yeah...remember that chick who was posting on a daily basis about a year ago about "daily PJ love" and about how Eddie changed her life?

Then there was the lady who told us she tried to kill herself, among various other crazy things, in a desperate plea for attention.

Both of those people would scare the shit out of me if I was in the band...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    PJPixie wrote:
    MOVE TO LA.......MOVE TO LA!! Lots of us Pearl Jam nuts around!!

hmm .. tempting. i'll make another trip there very soon. :)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    PJPixie wrote:
    MOVE TO LA.......MOVE TO LA!! Lots of us Pearl Jam nuts around!!

LA was fun but dam I really liked San Diego alot. :)
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563

I loved San Diego! Absolutely fell in love with the place, and the people. I had such a great time just waiting in line and chatting with people near me before the shows. I was standing next to a guy from Nebraska who also flew out for the show solo. Nice guy.

I didn't so much adverstise myself as a pit member, but now I wish I had because I could put some faces to the names on here. And, I would have more people to remeniss with. ( I am the red head that had the massive sunburn on my chest..)

I took my west coast state of mind to my DC suburb bar last night and was immediately reminded that I was back home... not a single face lit up when I told people about my amazing experience out there (except my friends, but they just know me and how much it ment to me). Just bar people having bar conversations all about the same old crap.

Can't wait until the show in June.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    demetrios wrote:
    yep. but i feel horrible that i was sick attending the sb & la1 show's. still to this day i'm coughing. :( i missed the whole meeting up with pearl jam fans. fans that liked what i like. i meet some cool new friends at the pre-parties & the line to get thy 10club tickets, which i've been messaging online since the show's. it was place where i could relate. now i'm back here in halifax where i can't find that crowd. just sad & lonely once again. while my friends (well some of them) i can relate are out there .. i'm stuck here. :(

sorry for the rant. today didn't go so well. i might just say fuck everything and make a move. stop being somebody i can't and just start all over. start a new life. i don't know. FUCK! i need a drink!
    Wow, D, scary. Just pop in a DVD that you haven't seen and a smile should appear across your face :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Yes, San Diego is the ultimate. If I could make a move, I would go there.

• Options
    "Abbruzzese Island"

LMFAO!!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:

I think the fire has been lit for maybe someday myself moving to SD. It affected me that much. :)
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I woke up this morning depressed because last week Saturday was all about the show. But there's June... now I'm thinking MSG might be fun. And getting tickets should be a snap (hah).

I think it's cool to meet people in person, to see PJPixie and SENROCK and FoxyMop - wow, they really exist. I'm still pretty shy - maybe I could try more alcohol. Or other substances that make you less shy...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    Enkidu wrote:
    I woke up this morning depressed because last week Saturday was all about the show. But there's June... now I'm thinking MSG might be fun. And getting tickets should be a snap (hah).

I think it's cool to meet people in person, to see PJPixie and SENROCK and FoxyMop - wow, they really exist. I'm still pretty shy - maybe I could try more alcohol. Or other substances that make you less shy...

exactly how i feel!

if there's something that can get my shyness & sensitive taken care of .. i'm up for anything ...
  • Options
    Went out and hiked around Red Rocks today. Always beautiful there and today there was a small concert going on. But I was still feeling ''blah'' after I left. lol
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Enkidu wrote:

hahahahaha yes, we exxxist!!! :eek: and we LOVE to have a good time!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

ahhh been there done that!
    and if im not moving to chicago, YOU are not going to SD!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Us PJ fans should invest in a ghost town and all move into it.

Imagine a fully functional society based around PJ fandom...

We'd scare the fuck out of tourists, probably the band as well.
    Yes! We had a similar idea post tour last year...really, it would be awesome! :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ahhh been there done that!
    and if im not moving to chicago, YOU are not going to SD!!!!

Remember Chicago does get lots of snow in the winter. You ready to handle that? :D
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    That's really interesting. You've been here since 2003 (probably even further back) you have posted about 2000 posts and never met anybody from the pit??
    I find meeting other fans strengthen the experience. However, I do see your point about trying to have your entire focus on the music. I am telling you though, those pre-parties are great. There is just something special about meeting people who made the journey from all over the world, who share the same passion as you do, who understands how important this band is to you.
    Try it during the East Coast tour. You might just like it :-)
    Hell, I'll buy you a beer if I see you at the pre-party before Hartford or Mansfield 1!

Yeah, I see your point. After reading through this thread, I'm positive I'll be heading out to the next pre-party that comes my way. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not going to any of the East Coast shows. Just couldn't afford it after two Ed solo shows, plus buying tickets to see R.E.M., Radiohead, The Cure, Stone Temple Pilots, Colin Meloy, and 4 Lakers Playoff games in the last month, as well as saving money for a trip to South America.

I'll have to take you up on your offer a beer another time. Thanks. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Us PJ fans should invest in a ghost town and all move into it.

Imagine a fully functional society based around PJ fandom...

We'd scare the fuck out of tourists, probably the band as well.

That would make for a fantistic movie, if you thought about it, I mean change the name of the band but still use the same concept.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Am I the only one who prefers anonymity when attending PJ shows?

I have yet to physically meet any Pit member at a show (or anywhere, for that matter).

Not that I don't like most of you...I really do...but I kind of want to be invisible and let the music be my ONLY focus on show dates.

Does interacting with others really make the experience better?

(I ask that not out of criticism, but out of genuine curiosity. I've been thinking about changing my stance on this recently. I even *almost* showed up for one of the LA show pre-parties...)

Interacting with others is always a big part for me, but I totaly understand if you choose not to.
    Interacting allows for stronger memories and a more upbeat flow.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    hey kids guess what we are moving to a town strictly for pj fanatics like me ,as my kids and wife pack my suitcase and send me on my way ,that's how it would go ,but really it happens all the time now specially with all the meet ups before shows we have this come down period where we are a bit lost with out all of our pit friends from the shows ,at least here in NY we do have meetups quite often as i know there is another planned for 5/2 so that should keep me going untill all the fun in june .. :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hey kids guess what we are moving to a town strictly for pj fanatics like me ,as my kids and wife pack my suitcase and send me on my way ,that's how it would go ,but really it happens all the time now specially with all the meet ups before shows we have this come down period where we are a bit lost with out all of our pit friends from the shows ,at least here in NY we do have meetups quite often as i know there is another planned for 5/2 so that should keep me going untill all the fun in june .. :D
    SWEET!!!! its a good thing when u can meet people here and they turn into actual real life frenz. i love this place. :)

• Options
    Remember Chicago does get lots of snow in the winter. You ready to handle that? :D

helllooooooo???!! im NOT moving!!! Problem solved, adams coming HERE!!! :D:D:D