Options

I like Pearl Jam

2»

Comments

• Options
    riot act in general may need some growing dude. but when it does, it will hit you! lbc is excellent. just think of the message it is sending you. what's more important then love? the song kind of brings a crowd together i think. idk

Don't forget about the line refering to losing his friends [of Rockslide]. I didn't appreciate the song, until I recognized that line.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    NAIS is unbelievable when in the right state of mind
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    When I first listened to NAIS, I thought damn that will be great live. I think my expectations for that song live has been likely higher than any other song that I can think of. I haven't yet hear the two versions you've mentioned, I'm behind on some boots, but I'm not surprised that there are at least a few times when it was performed well live.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg

thats the most AMAZING version of nothing as it seems i have ever seen. watch mike go INSANE at the end.

as for sleight of hand in hartford, there is no video, i just happened to be at that show and have the boot. very memorable moment.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Spinbrett wrote:
    I went back and listened to some cd's like TEN and No Code, and I realized that I really like the music. Binaural sucked (I think the fellows even know that) but hey, everyone has an off day.

theyve admitted riot act sucked, not binaural. its number 1!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    theyve admitted riot act sucked, not binaural. its number 1!

when did they say this?
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    i totally agree. i love binaural so i don't agree with you there but i hate when someone tries to say someone isn't a real fan because they don't like something. people have different tastes. let them listen to what they want to.

Agree with this statement one hundred percent. I mean, he obviously likes Pearl Jam by creating this thread but unfortunately, Binaural wasn't his favorite. - No Code and Ten were though... good enough?
    "Don't come closer or I'll have to go
    Holding me like gravity are places that pull
    If ever there was someone to keep me at home
    It would be you..."
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    In my opinion, Binaural is a bit above average at best and that album was the beginning of a new era of PJ-becoming a "live band" rather than a studio.

I think ever since Brendan O'Brien's last the production gig, Yield, their last three studio releases have been mediocre at best. I excluded Lost Dogs because that was a compilation of studio works scattered from the 90's-'03.

But I don't blame them for trying new experiments out, just not for my liking as much as I did for their works during the 90's catalog.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    i hate when someone tries to say someone isn't a real fan because they don't like something. people have different tastes. let them listen to what they want to.

"unseasoned" fan and "real" fan are two totally different fucking terms,bust out a dictionary for Christs sake!!!

all i meant was that he obviously isn't a matured fan because certain albums grow on you in time like an acquired taste.after the passage of time you grow to appreciate Binaurals greatness.

I'm sick of you people who always want to put words in someones mouth or misinterpret for the worst trying to start an argument,back the fuck off please.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,097
    I think this thread just highlights what a great and interesting band PJ are.....they manage to produce very different/diverse sounding albums which in turn gets the 'love/hate' reaction to some of them from some fans.......it can be much harder to get into some of PJ's music but worth it when you finally 'get it'. I suppose i'm just trying to say, thank god PJ don't produce boring/generic music like some of the stuff out there nowadays...
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    I think this thread just highlights what a great and interesting band PJ are.....they manage to produce very different/diverse sounding albums which in turn gets the 'love/hate' reaction to some of them from some fans.......it can be much harder to get into some of PJ's music but worth it when you finally 'get it'. I suppose i'm just trying to say, thank god PJ don't produce boring/generic music like some of the stuff out there nowadays...

AMEN BROTHER!
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,097
    AMEN BROTHER!

YESSS! (but its sister actually :) )
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    YESSS! (but its sister actually :) )

oops! sorry..AMEN SISTER!!
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    binaural is my second fav after versus
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    binuaral is amazing, better than no code

ooooh, gotta disagree there. Binural is good but isn't in the same league as No Code.....or Yield (IMO)
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618

thats the most AMAZING version of nothing as it seems i have ever seen. watch mike go INSANE at the end.

as for sleight of hand in hartford, there is no video, i just happened to be at that show and have the boot. very memorable moment.
    ohhhhhhhhh snap!!! that shit was tight!! what a way to to start my day. i was in the worst mood bc i got no sleep last night, now im happy as a lark! thank you dirtyfrank38!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options

GOOD SHIT,thanks man!! Ed had an extra intense look in his eyes.

Binaural is my 2nd favorite album and i don't care who knows!!!!!! :D