Options

Columbia SC show is selling way better than I thought it would!

2»

Comments

• Options
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Interesting 2 of you who were at the show are saying the same thing yet the below source states it was only half full. Seems a pretty reliable source too but maybe they got there wires crossed with another show?

http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/miscellaneous-retail-retail-stores-not/4636182-1.html

"There were some soft spots on the tour. The April 5 show at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Selma, Texas, sold 12,219 of the available 20,000 seats. And 9,392 arrived April 16 for the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater show in Charlotte, N.C., which is a little less than half of its 18,800 capacity."

"Fans are showing a decreasing appetite for Pearl Jam's album releases, which makes the band's 2003 road results that much more impressive."

That weird. I was in the Selma show in 2003, and the Verizon Wireless Center was looked packed to me.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    LordGoofy wrote:
    I was at the sold out show in Greenville, SC and the Charlotte show. And there was no way it was only half full. Both shows where packed. The Bi Lo center more so because they opened that arena, they were the first concert there.

2nd, Janet Jackson was the first...
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Last time I checked Florida was in the "deep" south.....has global warming increased continental drift??? Did the whole state move??? And I just missed it between Lohan and Spears' updates on the news??? :confused:

my girlfriend is from south carolina and i've spent some time out there. according to them there's The South and the south. while florida is a southern state in a geographical sense it is not considered by many southerners to be in The South. which makes no sense to me (but i'm a west coast kid so what do i know right?) because florida was one of the original states that seceded from the union...who knows..they're all crazy in their own sweet southern way..

but then i've also known people from southern florida and when i presented this south/South perspective..well..lets just say they didn't agree.
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    my girlfriend is from south carolina and i've spent some time out there. according to them there's The South and the south. while florida is a southern state in a geographical sense it is not considered by many southerners to be in The South. which makes no sense to me (but i'm a west coast kid so what do i know right?) because florida was one of the original states that seceded from the union...who knows..they're all crazy in their own sweet southern way..

but then i've also known people from southern florida and when i presented this south/South perspective..well..lets just say they didn't agree.

I'm from SC and I view Floridians to be more of the down south types than people here. I've been to Floridia a handful of times and there was a lot of similarities and a lot that seemed pretty 'country'.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Charger74Charger74 Posts: 59
    The panhandle area, and the peninsula due east of it would be considered The South. Below that is South New Jersey. Below that is North Cuba.
    9-6-98 KNOXVILLE, TN
    6-16-08 COLUMBIA, SC
    8-28-09 SAN FRANCISCO, CA