Options

San Diego Hotel

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited March 2008 in The Porch
So all of my travel is lined up for the EV tour, except for a hotel in San Diego. When I go to book the hotel on a priceline type site it gives me the following options for area:

-SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island

-Chula Vista - San Ysidro

-Kearny Mesa - Stadium Area

-Mission Valley - Hotel Circle

-National City

So where do I stay my friendly San Diegoans?!?
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    Mission Valley - Hotel Circle

or

SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island

the rest are too far from the venue.
    was it?....
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    mookie9999 wrote:
    So all of my travel is lined up for the EV tour, except for a hotel in San Diego. When I go to book the hotel on a priceline type site it gives me the following options for area:

-National City

I'm used to live in SD and I am going to the shows too.. This is where I'm staying.. it is pretty close to downtown and really close to Ocean Beach which is a great area.. All the hotels downtown are booked for some convention... Let me know if you decide to stay there.. The more 10clubbers the better..
    http://days-inn-sea-world.pacificahost.com/
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    Mission Valley works. There's "hotel circle" there with Trolley ride 10-15 minutes to downtown/gaslamp district.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Thanks all! I shall be booking it tonight and then my trip will be set!! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I'm used to live in SD and I am going to the shows too.. This is where I'm staying.. it is pretty close to downtown and really close to Ocean Beach which is a great area.. All the hotels downtown are booked for some convention... Let me know if you decide to stay there.. The more 10clubbers the better..

I think I'll probably stay there too. I have never been to the west coast, so it will all be new to me!

Is this hotel within walking distance to a the beach?

Goals while in San Diego:

1- See Ed rock the f'out at both shows :)
    2- Dip my feet in the pacific (take a run on the beach)
    3- Maybe check out the zoo.

Am I missing anything? Plan on getting their tuesday, leaving thursday morning.
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    I think I'll probably stay there too. I have never been to the west coast, so it will all be new to me!

Is this hotel within walking distance to a the beach?

Goals while in San Diego:

1- See Ed rock the f'out at both shows :)
    2- Dip my feet in the pacific (take a run on the beach)
    3- Maybe check out the zoo.

Am I missing anything? Plan on getting their tuesday, leaving thursday morning.

It is a $5 cab ride to the beach... I am going to be staying there those same nights.. we'll have to stay in touch.. are you going to the LA shows too?

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    It is a $5 cab ride to the beach... I am going to be staying there those same nights.. we'll have to stay in touch.. are you going to the LA shows too?

Nope, just a quick trip out west solo for the S.D. shows.

We should deffinately keep in touch!

(Sent you a PM)
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I am staying in La Jolla at La Estancia....it has a spaaaaaaaaa :)

wooo whooo can't wait - 3 weeks!!!!!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I am staying in La Jolla at La Estancia....it has a spaaaaaaaaa :)

wooo whooo can't wait - 3 weeks!!!!!

Fancy Shmancy!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    someday wrote:
    Mission Valley works. There's "hotel circle" there with Trolley ride 10-15 minutes to downtown/gaslamp district.

The trolley is awesome, but not sure how late it runs midweek.

• Options
    I wish I had those days off so I can be a tour guide!! :(

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

i decided to book a room there....i'm planning on driving back home after the show but, ah well what the hell....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i decided to book a room there....i'm planning on driving back home after the show but, ah well what the hell....:)

You can leave Norm here! He'll have 2 other doggie friends to keep him company!

• Options
    You can leave Norm here! He'll have 2 other doggie friends to keep him company!

hehehehe.....well if my folks won't take him, i'll definitely keep that in mind....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    hehehehe.....well if my folks won't take him, i'll definitely keep that in mind....:)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...does he have a bag he brings when he spends the night at Grandma's??

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    mookie9999 wrote:

-National City

DO NOT stay in san ysidro! :eek: well, unless ure headed to TIJUANAAAAA!!! :D and chula vista aint that "chula" anymore! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...does he have a bag he brings when he spends the night at Grandma's??

but of course......:p :D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

cool, let's stay in touch...One Love just told me she is staying there too..

• Options
    Fancy Shmancy!

;) yes it's been awhile since I had a vacation. I had to pick a place that would be cool for my little guy too. They have a kids camp there, so while I go for a massage, he will be having fun with some other kids. we refer to it as girl time v. boy time :) this way everyone's happy. he gets the Zoo, Sea World and a pool.....I get a massage and Eddie!! what's better than that?!?!?!
  • Options
    ;) yes it's been awhile since I had a vacation. I had to pick a place that would be cool for my little guy too. They have a kids camp there, so while I go for a massage, he will be having fun with some other kids. we refer to it as girl time v. boy time :) this way everyone's happy. he gets the Zoo, Sea World and a pool.....I get a massage and Eddie!! what's better than that?!?!?!

OMG! How fun!! How old is your little man?

• Options
    He is 8 and very excited for his 1st concert!!

He already got the warnings - no leaving early, no complaining, no going to the bathroom during the show :) and of course, no beer ;)
  • Options
    if yer goin to san diego, stay here: http://www.obhotel.com/
    i think you may have to copy and paste cause i cant figure out how to post a link (total noob, meh) and its says somewhere down below that i "may not post attachments."

ah well

this place is dope, cheap, and right at the end of newport in ob! dopest spot in diego imo! so yeah, have a blast, seen two great shows at the sports arena before i moved back home to tha burgh!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    i guess things may be easier than i thought around here ;)
  • Options
    if yer goin to san diego, stay here: http://www.obhotel.com/
    i think you may have to copy and paste cause i cant figure out how to post a link (total noob, meh) and its says somewhere down below that i "may not post attachments."

ah well

this place is dope, cheap, and right at the end of newport in ob! dopest spot in diego imo! so yeah, have a blast, seen two great shows at the sports arena before i moved back home to tha burgh!

is it still full of crack heads.??..last time i stayed there i couldn't sleep all night from all the noise.. i used to live in Ocean Beach.. i know they have upgraded the hotel.. but that corner is loud all night from what i remember..

• Options
    ob is def gritty, but hey man, salt of the earth there too ya know?
  • Options
    TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328

I was just at that Days Inn last month and it is a craphole!
  • Options
    this place is dope, cheap, and right at the end of newport in ob! dopest spot in diego imo!

"dopest" being the keyword! :rolleyes:

• Options
    He is 8 and very excited for his 1st concert!!

He already got the warnings - no leaving early, no complaining, no going to the bathroom during the show :) and of course, no beer ;)

No beer? Pfft...what kinda mom are you?! :p

• Options
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    I was just at that Days Inn last month and it is a craphole!

I never said it was the Hyatt... It is a Days Inn.... The downtown hotels are all booked and I like this part of town..by Ocean Beach, but not in Ocean Beach.. It can't have changed that much in one year..I am staying there for three nights for around $200.. I'm going to sleep there, not hang out there.....if I had kids, I would not stay there.. I would recommend Paradise Point Resort if you have kids.. but you will spend around $600/night... and it is 1/2 mile away..

• Options
    I never said it was the Hyatt... It is a Days Inn.... The downtown hotels are all booked and I like this part of town..by Ocean Beach, but not in Ocean Beach.. It can't have changed that much in one year..I am staying there for three nights for around $200.. I'm going to sleep there, not hang out there.....if I had kids, I would not stay there.. I would recommend Paradise Point Resort if you have kids.. but you will spend around $600/night... and it is 1/2 mile away..

Do you have a car while you're here?