Options

San Diego Hotel

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    Do you have a car while you're here?

I have friends that live in Ocean Beach that are going to the show.. I just like to have my own room/privacy.. not big on sleeping on a couch.. so they will be driving me around...The Point Loma/Sports Arena area is very centrally located though and right off the freeway so even if I didn't have a rental car I would be happy there.. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport and a cab downtown isn't that much..Five minutes to the Ocean Beach Pier too..if you surf..:)
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I have friends that live in Ocean Beach that are going to the show.. I just like to have my own room/privacy.. not big on sleeping on a couch.. so they will be driving me around...The Point Loma/Sports Arena area is very centrally located though and right off the freeway so even if I didn't have a rental car I would be happy there.. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport and a cab downtown isn't that much..Five minutes to the Ocean Beach Pier too..if you surf..:)

I still haven't made my reservation, but plan on staying at the days inn as you suggested.

I was reading online that the cab companies don't cruise for fares in San Diego. Which leaves me wondering if I am not able to take my cell phone into the show, how the hell am I to arrange a cab back to the hotel afterwords? Kind of makes me want to book as close to the venue as possible.

Anyway, look forward to meeting some of you there!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    OneLove wrote:
    I still haven't made my reservation, but plan on staying at the days inn as you suggested.

I was reading online that the cab companies don't cruise for fares in San Diego. Which leaves me wondering if I am not able to take my cell phone into the show, how the hell am I to arrange a cab back to the hotel afterwords? Kind of makes me want to book as close to the venue as possible.

looks like there will be a few of us staying there so i'm sure we can get a cab....i'm bringing my phone and i'll try to get a cab drivers number....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    looks like there will be a few of us staying there so i'm sure we can get a cab....i'm bringing my phone and i'll try to get a cab drivers number....:)

i will probably be taking a cab back from the show too.. maybe to the show.. it is super easy to catch a cab in SD from downtown.. you also can take your cell phone in the venue.. you just cant take it out of your pocket or purse once the show starts..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

the cabs all line-up down in the gaslamp district where the shows are.. so that is not an issue..

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    the cabs all line-up down in the gaslamp district where the shows are.. so that is not an issue..

cool beans! :)
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    OneLove wrote:

There are alot of cabs downtown so you should be fine...but if not, just go to a bar (there are a ton in the area), get a drink and have them call one for you! :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    There are alot of cabs downtown so you should be fine...but if not, just go to a bar (there are a ton in the area), get a drink and have them call one for you! :)

Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the info everyone :)
  • Options
    Change of plans on my end. I will be staying at the cordova hotel (orange ave, coronado).

I wanted to be within walking distance to the beach. Its right near the Dana...

anyone staying there by chance?
  • Options
    Staying at the days inn sea world too. Stayed here in 2003 after the show. Not a bad hotel, but decent, but I'm not here to see the hotel am I ?
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    Change of plans on my end. I will be staying at the cordova hotel (orange ave, coronado).

Just a heads-up. Coronado is FAR away from the venue. It's an island and quite a bit aways. If you're not renting a car, you'll end up spending alot in cabs. :o

• Options
    Just a heads-up. Coronado is FAR away from the venue. It's an island and quite a bit aways. If you're not renting a car, you'll end up spending alot in cabs. :o

ah oh. I thought it was only like 6 miles from the venue?

Guess I will be speding some money then.

Ah, well. What can you do.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    We are flying in from Philly Monday night and staying at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. I have no clue if its any good or not as my buddy booked it. I trust him, I think!!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    For the '06 tour I stayed at the downtown Sheraton. GREAT place!
  • Options

Coronado is across the bay, but only about a 10-15 mile drive to the venue. If you have some time before the show you can hop the ferry across the bay for about $5 and then wander around downtown a little and hit up the pre-party at the Local. Probably have to cab back after.
    1994 - Bridge School I; 2005 - The Gorge; 2006 - SD & LA I; 2008 - SD II(EV) & Camden I;
    2009 - LA III & SD; 2011 - SD (EV) & LBC (EV); 2013 - SD & LA II; 2022 SD (EV)
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:

I'll be at Hotel Del Coronado. Hubby and I are having a short, kid-free vacation and I simply love that hotel. We'll probably hire a driver from the hotel to take us to the concert.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    NCFUSERNCFUSER Posts: 29
    We are flying in from Philly Monday night and staying at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. I have no clue if its any good or not as my buddy booked it. I trust him, I think!!

Wife and I are flying in from Philly Monday morning!!!!
    Good to see some Phillies Fans:)

Staying at the Hotel Solamar

Hope to see you around
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008
  • Options
    NCFUSER wrote:

Hope to see you around

Is that on Mission Blvd in La Jolla?

• Options
    I'll be at Hotel Del Coronado. Hubby and I are having a short, kid-free vacation and I simply love that hotel. We'll probably hire a driver from the hotel to take us to the concert.

Nice, we will be neighbors...sort of :)

I like the ferry idea too.

Cant' wait!
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    Just got the Omni for 100 bones on Priceline.

http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/SanDiego.aspx

M
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    NCFUSER wrote:

Hope to see you around

yeah man, definitely say hi. look for one of the 2 Sillies fans wearing a #10 Vedder Jersey!! Not sure which one of us will be brave enough to wear it yet...but if you see it, just shout my user name and I will turn around!