Options

Project #7 - Static Echoes: Yield Live

Comments

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257

Well there you go. :thumbup: We have a title, that's until Tremors see's it. :lol:

:problem:

I might retreat from the board for a while ...
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Well there you go. :thumbup: We have a title, that's until Tremors see's it. :lol:

:problem:

I might retreat from the board for a while ...

He won't bite....

hard.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options

He won't bite....

hard.

I'm not taking the chance. :?

Hopefully he'll have noticed that I didn't look it up :lol:
  • Options
    myra wrote:

He won't bite....

hard.

I'm not taking the chance. :?

Hopefully he'll have noticed that I didn't look it up :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Mid-week download 8-)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    8-)

Project #7 - "Pearl Jam - Static Echoes: Yield Live"

Track List:

Brain Of J. - Melbourne, Australia (March 5, 1998)
    Faithfull - Seattle, Washington (July 22, 1998)
    No Way - Atlanta, Georgia (September 1, 1998)
    Given To Fly - Los Angeles, California (July 13, 1998)
    Wishlist - Boston, Massachusetts (September 16, 1998)
    Pilate - Minneapolis, Minnesota (June 30th 1998)
    Do The Evolution - Englewood, Colorado (June 23, 1998)
    Untitled [Red Dot] - Maryland Heights, Missouri (July 2, 1998)
    MFC - Los Angeles, California (July 13, 1998)
    Low Light - Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001)
    In Hiding - Maryland Heights, Missouri (July 2, 1998)
    Push Me, Pull Me - Washington, DC (September 19, 1998)
    All Those Yesterdays - Park City, Utah (June 21, 1998)
    Improv - Boston, Massachusetts (September 16, 1998)
    Leatherman - Seattle, Washington (July 22, 1998)
    Fuckin' Up - Maryland Heights, Missouri (July 2, 1998)

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    myra wrote:

I thought it was a word too.

I dare not look it up now :? .

i did :D just to double check
    it is

misestimate
    mis·es·ti·mate
    To estimate incorrectly.

Dammit - the French and the youngsters are teaching me new English words now! I gotta get back to school! In my defence I can safely say I have never ever heard this word spoken!

• Options
    myra wrote:
    I say that we even go as far as naming our next project after it:

"Misestimate: Riot Act Live" What do you think? :roll:

:lol:

Wait. Misestimated : Riot Act Live ? That WOULD make sense ...

Sounds good to me. I've always thought of our projects as being as much educational as leisure material - so we could help spread this word more widely

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Dammit - the French and the youngsters are teaching me new English words now! I gotta get back to school! In my defence I can safely say I have never ever heard this word spoken!

:lol::lol:

8-)
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    locked wrote:
    La, Boston, Missouri and Utah are matrix of ALD (audience listening devices = mono sbd feed) + audience source.

For you bootleg statistic geeks out there!

Folks,
    Thanks for your ruthless commitment to these great bootleg projects!

We who are about to rock salute you!

Hey Locked,

Thanks for some killer suggestions that were used on this project.

Enjoy..

always happy to help..

PJ boots are a bit of an obesssion with me if you've ever read some of my posts...
    they dont just sit on a a shelf either , I play them randomly and constantly find new gems..
    and spread them around to all the great people here ..
    just like people did when I was a newbie in 1994 trading cassettes of PJ shows.. FM broadcast etc..

You folks are true lovers of Pearl Jam music..
    How can you not get behind that effort?

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    locked wrote:
    La, Boston, Missouri and Utah are matrix of ALD (audience listening devices = mono sbd feed) + audience source.

For you bootleg statistic geeks out there!

Folks,
    Thanks for your ruthless commitment to these great bootleg projects!

We who are about to rock salute you!

Hey Locked,

Thanks for some killer suggestions that were used on this project.

Enjoy..

always happy to help..

PJ boots are a bit of an obesssion with me if you've ever read some of my posts...
    they dont just sit on a a shelf either , I play them randomly and constantly find new gems..
    and spread them around to all the great people here ..
    just like people did when I was a newbie in 1994 trading cassettes of PJ shows.. FM broadcast etc..

You folks are true lovers of Pearl Jam music..
    How can you not get behind that effort?

:D

Yes, thanks locked - the early stages are pretty hard, when there are so many performances to choose from, and for someone like me without such a knowledge of the boots, it is difficult to know where to start. So your contributions to the various projects have been great!

• Options
    Static Echoes: Yield Live

YLCover3.jpg

Yield is one of Pearl Jam's best loved albums, and we hope we have come up with a collection which will please Yield lovers, and keep the momentum going as we work through the studio albums 'live' with these projects. With Static Echoes: Yield Live, we had to depart from our formula of featuring performances mostly drawn from Soundboard sources. There are relatively few pure soundboard recordings from the 98 tour – and so instead we drew quite heavily on some of the excellent audience boots that are circulating, and those from a hybrid of mono soundboard feeds and audience recording. This gives a different feel and listening experience from the Soundboard projects, and a nice flavour of the 'good old days' of lapping up audience recorded tapes and unofficial bootlegs of the band.

We are very pleased with the results – with a grittier sound, and nice versions of key tracks which hopefully give a flavour of the era, the tour, and also show different sides to some of the songs on the album. Balancing and selecting the different audience sources next to each other was a challenge in itself, with a smaller pool to choose from after our last project, from the Binaural tour, where we were spoilt by having the official boots to choose from.

Yield live sounds great, and is often easy to forget you aren't listening to Soundboard recordings (The only Yield tracks that don't include audience sources are Brain of J and Faithfull)

The collection finishes with bonus tracks: - a sweet 'Improv', and Leatherman, and closes with Fuckin' Up – which featured prominently in the '98 tour.

Hope you Enjoy and let us know what you think!

• Options
    Since everybody's seemingly busy trying to figure out how much, if at all, the VAT should be on the VS-Vitalogy SDE, I guess now's the right time to bump this thread ?!
    :?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    Since everybody's seemingly busy trying to figure out how much, if at all, the VAT should be on the VS-Vitalogy SDE, I guess now's the right time to bump this thread ?!

I second that bump!! :D
  • Options

YLCover3.jpg

Yield is one of Pearl Jam's best loved albums, and we hope we have come up with a collection which will please Yield lovers, and keep the momentum going as we work through the studio albums 'live' with these projects. With Static Echoes: Yield Live, we had to depart from our formula of featuring performances mostly drawn from Soundboard sources. There are relatively few pure soundboard recordings from the 98 tour – and so instead we drew quite heavily on some of the excellent audience boots that are circulating, and those from a hybrid of mono soundboard feeds and audience recording. This gives a different feel and listening experience from the Soundboard projects, and a nice flavour of the 'good old days' of lapping up audience recorded tapes and unofficial bootlegs of the band.

We are very pleased with the results – with a grittier sound, and nice versions of key tracks which hopefully give a flavour of the era, the tour, and also show different sides to some of the songs on the album. Balancing and selecting the different audience sources next to each other was a challenge in itself, with a smaller pool to choose from after our last project, from the Binaural tour, where we were spoilt by having the official boots to choose from.

Yield live sounds great, and is often easy to forget you aren't listening to Soundboard recordings (The only Yield tracks that don't include audience sources are Brain of J and Faithfull)

The collection finishes with bonus tracks: - a sweet 'Improv', and Leatherman, and closes with Fuckin' Up – which featured prominently in the '98 tour.

• Options
    myra wrote:

And I second this one :lol:
  • Options

YLCover3.jpg

myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

I third this one :lol:
  • Options
    For those who have downloaded this project, I am curious, what do you think? Be honest. What is your opinion about #7?

I think # 7 is an A-
    Evolution and All those Yesterdays are the problem areas for me. The Evolution performance is tight but I guess its the SQ for me, and I hate to be so snooty when it comes to boots.

All those Yesterdays is also a great performance, but the "Eddie talk" at the begining diverts my attention from Yield, to that particular show. I understand their wasn't many performances to choose from. Needless to say, I started listening more to the Utah show than the compilation. I had forgooten about the Utah show, goood stuff . . .

But, as always a wonderful listening experience, keep up the good work and thanks for giving us "new" ways to enjoy our beloved band. ;)

#1 Mixed Metaphor Backspacer . . . A
    #2 Turpentine, Vs. Live . . . A-
    #3 Ten Then and Now . . . A
    #4 Theory of Vitalogy . . . A+
    #5 Songs of the Who . . . A-
    #6 Binaural Live . . . A+
    #7 Static Echos . . . A-

:ugeek:
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Options
    For those who have downloaded this project, I am curious, what do you think? Be honest. What is your opinion about #7?

I think # 7 is an A-
    Evolution and All those Yesterdays are the problem areas for me. The Evolution performance is tight but I guess its the SQ for me, and I hate to be so snooty when it comes to boots.

All those Yesterdays is also a great performance, but the "Eddie talk" at the begining diverts my attention from Yield, to that particular show. I understand their wasn't many performances to choose from. Needless to say, I started listening more to the Utah show than the compilation. I had forgooten about the Utah show, goood stuff . . .

But, as always a wonderful listening experience, keep up the good work and thanks for giving us "new" ways to enjoy our beloved band. ;)

#7 Static Echos . . . A-

Excellent and thank you for your opinion. I like to see stuff like this and I appreciate that you took the time to really explain you opinion.

It's funny because I did the same exact thing in regards to the Utah Boot. The SQ has been an adjustment to me. I think that once you get about 2 to 3 songs into the project it becomes less noticable, but I am spoiled from the SB's so I still notice it. Overall I totally agree with your assement and an A- is definitely a fair grade.

FYI..

The next project will be 100% SB. :D
  • Options

I think # 7 is an A-

#7 Static Echos . . . A-

Wow, thanks for taking the trouble NorthShoreBlues. Actually, I think my own ratings wouldn't be too dissimilar to yours. Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are liking them.

• Options

YLCover3.jpg

• Options
    myra wrote:

I third this one :lol:

Ahah! And I ... I .... :think: ...... :? ..... nevermind.
  • Options

YLCover3.jpg

• Options
    Project #8 will start in two weeks...
  • Options
    gotta say I am really enjoying this one

Brain of J is amazing. Probably one of the PJ songs I used to overlook, now I actually love it.
  • Options

:thumbup:
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    mocik wrote:

:thumbup:

We will be going back to 2002/2003 starting February 19th. :D
  • Options

Brain of J is amazing. Probably one of the PJ songs I used to overlook, now I actually love it.

Same here, only not with Brain of J. Funny how you actually 'rediscover' songs this way !
    Which got me thinking that I now need to edit my post in the 'songs you skip' or whatever it was called thread ...
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Same here, only not with Brain of J. Funny how you actually 'rediscover' songs this way !
    Which got me thinking that I now need to edit my post in the 'songs you skip' or whatever it was called thread ...

Although I can't say the same about the songs on Yield, I have rediscovered songs from some of our other projects. These projects are great for letting you discover songs and boots. :D