Options

Check this out...???? Eddie....

KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
edited August 2008 in The Porch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjsmhmwEoSI

He's got to realize these aren't fans just by the way they talk to him. I'm surprised he kept signing. Hope Youtube pops this one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Yeah that seems pretty uncomfortable. Jackals ! I would feel guilty asking the guy for something. Let him have a fuckin smoke in peace.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    He kept on signing i think because even though he looked aggravated he is still a nice guy, but he looked very uncomfortable and aggravated for sure, it looked like all he wanted to do was smoke his cigarette in peace.

I agree with the OP those people didn't sound like fans at all! :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Kingmidget wrote:

He's got to realize these aren't fans just by the way they talk to him. I'm surprised he kept signing. Hope Youtube pops this one.

Good job advertising their site, idiot!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Did someone actually ask him if he was Eddie?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    "oh dont forget this one, he didnt get a autograph yet"

shut the fuck up.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    uh that was painful.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    LukinFan wrote:
    Did someone actually ask him if he was Eddie?

not sure but check out the 2:10 make in this video lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrtKtHfpOOQ&feature=related

poor guy! i mean im sure hes use to this by now but man i couldnt imagine having to deal with this. having to ask the vulchers to keep it to one a piece. i couldnt see myself ever asking for a autograph, reaching out for a hand shake maybe, but not a autograph.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    he gives a great line tho,

are you Eddie
    No but i can sign his name like him

I think my response would have used the words OFF and FUCK
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    crazy ebayers who sell his autographs and no they arent fans. ive seen them before stand outside the hotel. eddie looks flusted
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Good job advertising their site, idiot!

Screw off...do you really think it matters? I had just never seen anything like this on youtube...maybe its common. So I posted it.

Go buy one ya yanker!
  • Options
    pj14 wrote:
    crazy ebayers who sell his autographs and no they arent fans. ive seen them before stand outside the hotel. eddie looks flusted

Ya...all he wants is a smoke and the vultures flock in with all their glossy enlarged photos...I guess he had some idea w/ the one sig per person idea...just really teed me.
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    not sure but check out the 2:10 make in this video lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrtKtHfpOOQ&feature=related

poor guy! i mean im sure hes use to this by now but man i couldnt imagine having to deal with this. having to ask the vulchers to keep it to one a piece. i couldnt see myself ever asking for a autograph, reaching out for a hand shake maybe, but not a autograph.

Absolutely...all these idiots saw was $$$...didn't give a damn about Ed except "Hows the tour goin...? Blatant as hell and of course Eds too nice a guy to tell them to rot and make a real living like everyone else.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Wicked bizarre. I guess if you bumped into him and asked him to sign something that's ok. I get the impression that these people were waiting around all day. To me, that is flat out weird.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Wicked bizarre. I guess if you bumped into him and asked him to sign something that's ok. I get the impression that these people were waiting around all day. To me, that is flat out weird.

Agreed...these types have connections I'm thinking
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Kingmidget wrote:

He's got to realize these aren't fans just by the way they talk to him.

um, how should they talk to him?

"OH MY GOD EDDIE YOU'RE THE MAN! I LOVE NO CODE! I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! SERIOUSLY IT'S THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER MADE!!"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Agreed...these types have connections I'm thinking

I think when fans do it too it's weird. But that's just me.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Screw off...do you really think it matters? I had just never seen anything like this on youtube...maybe its common. So I posted it.

Go buy one ya yanker!

Glad you got the attention you needed. Yes, I do think it matters. I'm sure you bought one.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    um, how should they talk to him?

"OH MY GOD EDDIE YOU'RE THE MAN! I LOVE NO CODE! I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! SERIOUSLY IT'S THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER MADE!!"

Guess you have a gripe w/ me dude so goes it....

Did you look at what ALL those people had? Large reproduced well known photos...is that a coinsidence...think not...the Asian dude you can see clearly looks about as excited to meet Ed as a he would meeting me...its all about $. I don't care what they SHOULD say...they just are not fans and they cornered ED for profit.

Hail Hail capitalism...that you'll probably agree with. I think its bs
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    All of the "Eddie signs autographs" videos make me feel uncomfortable. I know why people would want to meet him, but honestly I don't know if I could approach him. Especialy since I know what a private individual he is.

Mike on the other hand, I'd go shoot the shit with him.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    Kingmidget wrote:

Did you look at what ALL those people had? Large reproduced well known photos...is that a coinsidence...think not...the Asian dude you can see clearly looks about as excited to meet Ed as a he would meeting me...its all about $. I don't care what they SHOULD say...they just are not fans and they cornered ED for profit.

Com on man,im sure there are loads of people who would be made up to meet you, that line made me laugh

True tho,all about the dollar / pound

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

• Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Glad you got the attention you needed. Yes, I do think it matters. I'm sure you bought one.

Ya...your right its about me. Sorry dude...I have an autograph from Ed on a gas receipt I had in my pocket when I met him after the Key Arena shows in Seattle in '02.... and he offered it after we all chatted for 5 minutes.

But since you know everthing...where will gas prices be next year...thinking about a Prius...thanks
  • Options
    smile05 wrote:
    Com on man,im sure there are loads of people who would be made up to meet you, that line made me laugh

True tho,all about the dollar / pound

Well...I'd like to think so! :) Come to Milwaukee before the show and we'll have a beer next week! Can't guarantee a line ahead of you though.. :)
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Well...I'd like to think so! :) Come to Milwaukee before the show and we'll have a beer next week! Can't guarantee a line ahead of you though.. :)

extra ticket and the flight, consider me there dude, i will pick up the beers all night......ha ha

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I was waiting outside the venue in Montreal... Did I get an autograph, yes, FOR MY BROTHER who wasn't there. I had it made out to Andrew, and Eddie seemed more than happy to do it once it was obvious I wasn't flipping. There were guys there who had a shitload of pictures, but I did end up buying one (unsigned) so my brother could get something. I told him that I really loved his music, and it meant a lot. He looked right at me, shook my hand, and I gave him a big hug, and he hugged back. It was truly one of the best moments of my life, being able to meet someone I've listened to for so long. The autograph was just done so my brother could get somethin, even though he couldn't go to the show.

Having said that, everyone I saw outside the venue, I saw inside, and enjoying the show, and were excited to meet him.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    great story man, Ed must love geniune fans, was this before Ebay ???

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Why do people care about autographs? What does it mean?
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    smile05 wrote:
    great story man, Ed must love geniune fans, was this before Ebay ???
    This was last night, and it seemed HE could sense who was excited, and who wasn't. And I'll tell ya, my brother was SOO happy when he saw the pic that read:

'For Andrew, Eddie Vedder'
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    smile05 wrote:
    extra ticket and the flight, consider me there dude, i will pick up the beers all night......ha ha

I may have the extra ticket but plane fares are a BITCH right now. I know yer jokin, but maybe one day we'll meet my PJ friend!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Kingmidget wrote:

What makes you say this? What have I said to you before this?
    Kingmidget wrote:

I do agree with Hail Hail capitalism. I mean, if someone wants to sell an Ed autograph, that's fine with me. People who buy autographs are the idiots. I remember in high school my friend had an autographed Michael Jordan card. I was all like "Wow! How did you get that?!?!" His response? "My dad bought it for me." I thought that was lame. If you meet him and get an autograph that's one thing, but buying a signature? gimme a break.

As far as the unexcited chinaman, maybe he was just trying to keep his cool. I love Pearl Jam as much as the next guy but if I met Ed, I'd try to play it cool rather than acting like a fanboy.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    gfraser wrote:

haha- yeah, I've seen this one before- it's pretty funny
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest