Options

Check this out...???? Eddie....

Comments

• Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    This was last night, and it seemed HE could sense who was excited, and who wasn't. And I'll tell ya, my brother was SOO happy when he saw the pic that read:

'For Andrew, Eddie Vedder'

It would be cool if Ed voiced who he taught was a fraud fan:

1-pleasure man

2-your a cunt

3-thanks that means a lot

4-ebay bastard

and so on!!!!!!!
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    smile05 wrote:
    It would be cool if Ed voiced who he taught was a fraud fan:

1-pleasure man

2-your a cunt

3-thanks that means a lot

4-ebay bastard

and so on!!!!!!!
    That would be awesome!

I was just WAYY too happy to meet him, I still have the smile on my face.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    I was waiting outside the venue in Montreal... Did I get an autograph, yes, FOR MY BROTHER who wasn't there. I had it made out to Andrew, and Eddie seemed more than happy to do it once it was obvious I wasn't flipping. There were guys there who had a shitload of pictures, but I did end up buying one (unsigned) so my brother could get something. I told him that I really loved his music, and it meant a lot. He looked right at me, shook my hand, and I gave him a big hug, and he hugged back. It was truly one of the best moments of my life, being able to meet someone I've listened to for so long. The autograph was just done so my brother could get somethin, even though he couldn't go to the show.

Having said that, everyone I saw outside the venue, I saw inside, and enjoying the show, and were excited to meet him.

All great! I was so happy to get his autograph in '02...a personal momento...however so slight...or DEEP in others cases. NY is full of vulcher types...no fan love,,,just $...at least in this video. My experience was similar to yours 6 years ago...
  • Options
    What makes you say this? What have I said to you before this?

I do agree with Hail Hail capitalism. I mean, if someone wants to sell an Ed autograph, that's fine with me. People who buy autographs are the idiots. I remember in high school my friend had an autographed Michael Jordan card. I was all like "Wow! How did you get that?!?!" His response? "My dad bought it for me." I thought that was lame. If you meet him and get an autograph that's one thing, but buying a signature? gimme a break.

As far as the unexcited chinaman, maybe he was just trying to keep his cool. I love Pearl Jam as much as the next guy but if I met Ed, I'd try to play it cool rather than acting like a fanboy.

I wouldn't...at the least I would tell him how much his music meant to me and then get an autograph if Ed was open to it...not ther pushy ebay crap.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    All great! I was so happy to get his autograph in '02...a personal momento...however so slight...or DEEP in others cases. NY is full of vulcher types...no fan love,,,just $...at least in this video. My experience was similar to yours 6 years ago...
    Like I said, I still have the smile on my face. All I wanted to do was shake his hand, and tell him personally, that his music means a lot to me. I got to do that, and, in a small way, share it with my brother.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I wouldn't...at the least I would tell him how much his music meant to me and then get an autograph if Ed was open to it...not ther pushy ebay crap.

yeah that's what I would do too. but what's this stuff about me having a "gripe" with you? I still don't get it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Like I said, I still have the smile on my face. All I wanted to do was shake his hand, and tell him personally, that his music means a lot to me. I got to do that, and, in a small way, share it with my brother.
    Very cool...keep that smile! In the end the autograph meant little compared to our chat! The autograph was an unexpected bonus that night!
  • Options
    yeah that's what I would do too. but what's this stuff about me having a "gripe" with you? I still don't get it.

I take it back! :)
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I told him that I really loved his music, and it meant a lot. He looked right at me, shook my hand, and I gave him a big hug, and he hugged back. It was truly one of the best moments of my life, being able to meet someone I've listened to for so long.

That's great :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Guess you have a gripe w/ me dude so goes it....

Did you look at what ALL those people had? Large reproduced well known photos...is that a coinsidence...think not...the Asian dude you can see clearly looks about as excited to meet Ed as a he would meeting me...its all about $. I don't care what they SHOULD say...they just are not fans and they cornered ED for profit.

Hail Hail capitalism...that you'll probably agree with. I think its bs

And yet you still started a thread that advertises their product. Real smart.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Why do people care about autographs? What does it mean?

I don't understand it either. I really have no desire to have anyone's autograph.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. But did you notice his face? It kind of looked to me like "if you're planning to make a few bucks out of my signature, so be it...here, I'll sign this one too!" as if he knew what was going on but he really did not give a fuck at that point.

I got that feeling too...after all these years I'm sure he can snilff out fans vs. opportunists.... still makes me mad, but so goes it. Livin the life of an icon...to a degree
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Hope Youtube pops this one.

You want Youtube to "pop this one"? Why not email youtube and tell them instead of starting a thread here that sent 20 or so more people to it?
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    You want Youtube to "pop this one"? Why not email youtube and tell them instead of starting a thread here that sent 20 or so more people to it?

what does "pop this one" mean?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    And yet you still started a thread that advertises their product. Real smart.

Get over it and deal with it.....buy one! I already have his autograph next to his picks and a photo w/ him that night.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Oh no doubt! But as you said, whether he likes it or not, he and his band have become so big that these type of things bound to happen. It's way too late to pretend he's playing Bachanal on a Thursday night to 3 people now, if you catch my drift :)

word.

I agree...just hate those who make an easy buck off the band/Ed...but its inevitable. I must be livin in the 90s when Ed and PJ were so against this crap.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Oh no doubt! But as you said, whether he likes it or not, he and his band have become so big that these type of things bound to happen. It's way too late to pretend he's playing Bachanal on a Thursday night to 3 people now, if you catch my drift :)

Gottcha! :)
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    Just my thoughts:

1. getting autographs, unless there addressed personally to you, are stupid.

2. posting a thread about a video of people hounding Ed for autographs is not going to make me want to buy one. (that's not what I think the thread-starter intended anyway)
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    what does "pop this one" mean?

thought the same thing, i presume delete
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    Kingmidget, I don't know what on earth you're talking about. Someone says "enjoying the tour?" a girl says "thank you so much." someone discusses the "Clapton E" to which Ed jokes. what's the problem?

Now, someone asked if he was indeed Eddie. I mean, it was a movie premiere, not Lollapalooza. It's understandable that not everyone's going to know who he is. Pearl Jam's peak of popularity was 14 years ago. It's not like he's on TV all the time.

others had press photos or whatever they were. hey, some people just like to get autographs of stars, whoever they are. There were probably people at that movie premiere who would have been just as excited to get Andy Dick's autograph. Some people just get a thrill out of meeting someone famous.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    gfraser wrote:
    not sure but check out the 2:10 make in this video lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrtKtHfpOOQ&feature=related

poor guy! i mean im sure hes use to this by now but man i couldnt imagine having to deal with this. having to ask the vulchers to keep it to one a piece. i couldnt see myself ever asking for a autograph, reaching out for a hand shake maybe, but not a autograph.

Towards the end someone ask's 'who is that?' Fookin plumbs! That is Sir Edward Vedder he'll have you know.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    rrivers wrote:
    I don't understand it either. I really have no desire to have anyone's autograph.

Same. I would MUCH rather talk to him for a minute or two than just have his signature on a piece of paper.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Same. I would MUCH rather talk to him for a minute or two than just have his signature on a piece of paper.
    For sure!
  • Options
    Kingmidget, I don't know what on earth you're talking about. Someone says "enjoying the tour?" a girl says "thank you so much." someone discusses the "Clapton E" to which Ed jokes. what's the problem?

Now, someone asked if he was indeed Eddie. I mean, it was a movie premiere, not Lollapalooza. It's understandable that not everyone's going to know who he is. Pearl Jam's peak of popularity was 14 years ago. It's not like he's on TV all the time.

others had press photos or whatever they were. hey, some people just like to get autographs of stars, whoever they are. There were probably people at that movie premiere who would have been just as excited to get Andy Dick's autograph. Some people just get a thrill out of meeting someone famous.

Whatever you think. Again...did you see what he was signing...these folks were prepped...its their business to get autographs..so goes it. It disturbs me, but if not you so goes it.. peace.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Whatever you think. Again...did you see what he was signing...these folks were prepped...its their business to get autographs..so goes it. It disturbs me, but if not you so goes it.. peace.

okay, but while I got ya, what does "pop the video" mean? and if it means to delete it, why do you think it should be deleted?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    LukinFan wrote:
    Did someone actually ask him if he was Eddie?
    lol, they asked him if he was Eric Clapton... at least he seemed to get a kick outta that.
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Noonie wrote:
    lol, they asked him if he was Eric Clapton... at least he seemed to get a kick outta that.
    haha- I thought they said, "Eddie"
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    okay, but while I got ya, what does "pop the video" mean? and if it means to delete it, why do you think it should be deleted?
    Ya...pop, shoot, delete, whatever

Well...guess its not illegal like scalping...just the first time I've seen autograph schmucks advertising on Youtube. I'm sure they are benefitting although.

The dude who mentions he is now signing with a Clapton "e" only knows that because he's forged the sigs so many times. He's home practicing it now.
  • Options
    pink1969 wrote:
    Just my thoughts:

1. getting autographs, unless there addressed personally to you, are stupid.

2. posting a thread about a video of people hounding Ed for autographs is not going to make me want to buy one. (that's not what I think the thread-starter intended anyway)

Thank you...my reaction also....plus, if he isn't autographing something personal to me, whats the point?
  • Options

Understood...just drove home to me how these folks work when suddenly they are all there with 11X17 or larger glossies just ready for framing! So goes it...