FOR FREE: PJ LP/VINYL COVERS!!! CLOSED!

2»

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Blood.

I was already hooked on the band because of Ten but when VS came out and I got towards the end of the record...FUCK!! "Blood" and "Leash" blew my mind!!!

(Porch is always right there too. Definitely a toss up for me.)
  • Great giveaway buddy, my own favourite song is Long Road loved it from the first time I heard it way back in 95! It was then cemented in my heart after the tribute to heroes performance after 9/11 such emotion , unforgettable " and the sun is setting.... The sun will rise another day" in fact gonna get me a piece of it right now! Brilliant gig opener aswell ... Thanks for the chance!
  • Long Road: I live in Buffalo and my girlfriend lives in Detroit. It always makes me smile when she tells me "how I've wished for you today."
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Awesome, great contest mate! :D

My favourite song is REARVIEWMIRROR!! It's just such an empowering song to me and without going into detail, I can relate to it. :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    (You rock! BTW)

Favorite song, lately has been Unthought Known, cool title and it's one of those great open road songs, makes me speed and makes me smile.
  • Do The Evolution. It just.........does it. I don't know how else to say it. And super cool contest by the way.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    @ the moment it's Hard To Imagine. Been listening to the Halifax '05 show all day. Brings back great memories of my band playing for the first time in Halifax '05, my hometown. Starting the show, their first song ever played @ the Metro Centre, with Hard To Imagine. :)
  • gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Amazing generosity. My favorite is a tough call, but I'd have to say yellowledbetter. As i was preparing to direct "The Laramie Project" at my high school 6 years ago, I kept listening to that song and didn't know why. One day I listened to it non-stop for over 1 hour and began to cry. I don't know why, but just did. It became the final pre-show song into the beginning of our production of "The Laramie Project". And to this day, when I hear that song, that show is all I can remember. Great, great song....
  • not only are these all awesome songs... i love reading all of the reason why you guys love them too!

update:

the actual lp covers are turning out much nicer than my original pictures...

started on the 45 slips tonight...they look pretty badass as well... i live in nj, and its cold as ballz here... spray painting in my freezing garage... once they dry/thaw... ill post some 45 pics at some point tomorrow night!!!

Thanks for everyone's interest

:)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • wow thats actualy a really cool idea!i love it!

got to go with do the evolution! love the lyrics and eds frustration at the developing human nature but its always just an amazing track from my favorite album ... and when they play it live, oooh shit they abou to tear the place down! love it

thanks for the giveaway bud
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • bump...still accepting names until sunday!!!
  • I Am Mine. That song saved me... never told anyone the story before...wrote it down in a letter and was able to personally hand it to Mr. Vedder. That is a day I will never forget!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • If I had to narrow it down to just one (which is impossible), it would be Footsteps. Eddie's voice singing those lyrics literally brings tears to my eyes. I apologize for the sappiness.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Hey! What a great competition!
    My favourite song is...Hail Hail, it always cheers me up and gets me moving!!!
    x x x
    :D
  • im gonna pull the lucky winners tonight... sometime during right before the superbowl... so there is still some time to get your name in :)
  • eeek, am i in time!
    Oceans....everything about it, what it represents
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Wow, what a contest ...!

I was thinking about an answer for quite some time now, because it's really hard for the to come down with only one song.

But I think one of my personal fave songs is I got shit. I discovered that one rather late and when I heard it for the first time it nearly blew me away. I had to listen to it like 5 times in a row. I can relate a lot to the lyrics, and when those lines come it's like an explosion for me:
    And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show.
    Oh, I walked alive when you held me in that night.
    I walked alive when you held my hand that night.

I think I'll need another dose of it now 8-)

Indifference is very close atm for all the same reasons ...

Thanks for the chance!
  • Leeze wrote:
    Wow, what a contest ...!

I was thinking about an answer for quite some time now, because it's really hard for the to come down with only one song.

But I think one of my personal fave songs is I got shit. I discovered that one rather late and when I heard it for the first time it nearly blew me away. I had to listen to it like 5 times in a row. I can relate a lot to the lyrics, and when those lines come it's like an explosion for me:
    And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show.
    Oh, I walked alive when you held me in that night.
    I walked alive when you held my hand that night.

I think I'll need another dose of it now 8-)

Indifference is very close atm for all the same reasons ...

Thanks for the chance!
    well said Leeze ;)
  • It is so hard to pick just one song. It depends on the mood and the events going on as to which song is my favorite. ONE of my favorites though is Release. My mom and dad divorced at a young age and it was not a pretty sight. He was killed in a car accident in 1999 and when ever I hear this song it just makes me think of him and our relationship. It was a tumultuous one and this song just tears at my heart every time I hear it.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    release
    why?
    hard to say
    maybe it's
    "i'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    thanks
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Congrats guys!!! Nice work Voidofman, you deserve it mate!! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • pm'd all the winners!

thanks again for everyone who was interested...i may do another one of these soon...although i really gummed up my stencils doing these... in the process of making new ones after all these years :)
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Congrats to the winners and thank you jimbojones for this nice contest!

A great week to al of you :wave:
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    nice contest well done the winers :D
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Thanks again jimbo, really appreciate this!

And thank you too loulou!
  • MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Cool comp - congrats to the winners!
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"